Lane conditions at SPC

No wuckers - In reference to Joel, it may have been '89 the more I think of it, but yeah. It was one of those two anyway.

I must say that despite bowling dismally on the weekend I had a fantastic time.. The lane condition was tough, and obviously the bowlers with national team and overseas experience seemed to work the lanes out the best, even if there was the occasional shocker....

Our group of four was a great one, and I must say thanks to Cheryl, Kim and Jennifer for putting up with my struggle, they were nothing but encouraging all weekend.. =D> also it was great to meet so many of the NZ bowlers.

A point that was discussed several times over the weekend was that Melbourne (and Victoria) are now missing the kind of tournaments that 'fit in' between league and the 'big' tournaments.. Qld and NSW have their sports series which can only help the bowlers wanting to compete at a higher level.

With the demise of MTBOV in Melbourne we need something to give the league bowlers tournament practise so that when we venture to the big tournaments we can have a bit more experience/practice/confidence behind us. The couple of tournaments run by AMF in Melbourne earlier this year seemed promising, but unfortunately nothing has come about in the latter half of this year.. :( :( Here's hoping we get something of this nature back on the calendar.

Tiger said:
Jason Doust was hooking a ball as much I'd ever seen at the time. :eek:

I actually viewed this tape not more than a week ago. What ever happened to Jason Doust???

well, if anyone has a tape of the 91 jnr sth pacific id love to see how bad my style was then so please let me know...
also, just to answer your question CIO, DOusty hasnt bowled for a few years now, he is living the happily married life (hehe) in the Blue Mountains, its a pity..

Tiger, I don't remember Moyle using a pearlised hammer, I sort of remember something red, maybe a red hammer? I also vaguely remember her putting 6 through the nose for strikes to start the game against Gionotti, but I could be wrong I often am.
But I do know Batson had the first blue pearl Hammer to hit the country, and he used this in the 1987 classic, he only got it just before the tourny. The blue pearl came out before the red pearl which hooked more, funny that because I've seen a few bowlers use the red pearl as a spare ball over the years.
I was working at Bankstown bowl that year, and Batson was the Manager that year and he practised every day, so he knew a few of the quirks of the lanes at Bankstown.
willey.

DRBJ,

Ur style wasnt that bad Bro, ITS STILL THE SAME LOL.

Those were the days when we (I) could actually bowl a little. LOL

Fond memories of our trip to the cross at JSC in 91. Remember Porkys and the Black Jackets? and trying to persuade Derek to get up on stage to get us one HAHAHAHA

haha, far out man, that is all still very clear to me but i cant remember who i was with except for derek and maybe cam mackinnon...infact, i dont even know who this is GUS, sorry, haha...i think my style has changed alot since then, my back swing isnt through the roof at least anymore....anyway, gimme first and last names please so i can piece the porks incident together :)
cheers
doug

well i didnt friggin know did i you PF, all these PF'S with weird names to be all secret squirrel and stuff i dunno.
seeya PF

willey said:
Tiger, I don't remember Moyle using a pearlised hammer, I sort of remember something red, maybe a red hammer? I also vaguely remember her putting 6 through the nose for strikes to start the game against Gionotti, but I could be wrong I often am.
But I do know Batson had the first blue pearl Hammer to hit the country, and he used this in the 1987 classic, he only got it just before the tourny. The blue pearl came out before the red pearl which hooked more, funny that because I've seen a few bowlers use the red pearl as a spare ball over the years.
I was working at Bankstown bowl that year, and Batson was the Manager that year and he practised every day, so he knew a few of the quirks of the lanes at Bankstown.
willey.

Nah, Leanne Moyle was using a Pearl Blue Hammer, as was Chris Batson, I remember Batson playing a deep inside shot and ripping the tripe out of the rack with his shot - a great player.
I can't remember what ball Gianotti was using though.
Has anyone see that tape of the SPC, when Sandra MacDonald left the 5-7-10 on National television? I think it was '87 or '88 or something.
With all these names and memories coming out, we oughta start a Where are they now? thread.

Tiger said:
Nah, Leanne Moyle was using a Pearl Blue Hammer, as was Chris Batson, I remember Batson playing a deep inside shot and ripping the tripe out of the rack with his shot - a great player.
I can't remember what ball Gianotti was using though.
Has anyone see that tape of the SPC, when Sandra MacDonald left the 5-7-10 on National television? I think it was '87 or '88 or something.
With all these names and memories coming out, we oughta start a Where are they now? thread.

As i said in a previous post, i've only seen the 91 tape and i can tell you that Carol was using a black Phantom at that years SPC.

Can anyone remember any others?

[/b]

1991 South Pacific Classic
Womens Semi Final
Trish Kourtesis: 72, 9/, X, 9/, 8/, 9/, 9/, 9/, 9/, X8/ {183}
Cara Honeychurch: 9/, 63, X, 7/, X, 9/, 7/, X, X, 81 {178}

Womens Final
Carol Gianotti: X, 8/, X, X, X, X, 8-, X, 9/, [8]1 {201}
Trish Kourtesis: 9/, 9/, 9/, 9/, 9/, X, 8/, 63, [8]1, 9/X {170}

Equipment used:
Kourtesis: Red Hammer.
Honeychurch: Black Columbia Legend.
Gianotti: Black Phantom.

Mens Semi Final
Terry Wenban: 81, 9/, X, X, X, 81, X, X, X, X8/ {223}
Rob Zikman: X, X, 9/, 8/, X, X, 8/, X, 8/, 8/X {213}

Mens Final
Jason Doust: 7/, X, [6]2, 9/, X, X, [8]1, -9, X, XXX {191}
Terry Wenban: X, 9/, 9/, X, 9/, 8/, 8/, 9/, X, [7]2 {182}

Equipment used:
Zikman: Blue Enforcer.
Wenban: Red Rhino.
Doust: Dark Blue Rhino.[/b]

your a freak, how do you know all that? haha
well i know i used a burgundy gyro pro in the 91 jnr sth pacific final but i couldnt tell you the score or what justin mckinney used against me but i do no know id love to see the match again...i remember 2 people up the back filming but i have no idea who it was...anyway, please let me know if anyone can get me a copy of this.
cheers
doug

Hey Tiger,

Ive seen that video aswell, and Jason's ball looks to dark to be a Blue Rhino to me..... I thought it was an Ebonite Nitro??

Clint

spc lane condition

well if thats the condition we will get from now on in those tournaments i better change my game because im not a big hooker of a ball and i struggled badly i know im a better bowler than ive been lately so i will get myself a new ball a get it drilled different and get a little more hook happening

Dousty was throwing some gold thing at his spares too, reckon it might have been a Gold Grenade, wouldn't be surprised if his strike ball was the blue or black Grenade eiher, didn't look the right colour to be a Rhino. Strangest thing on that show was Carol having all that tape on her Brunswick shirt to block out the logos.

no I can tell you now it is the old blue urethane nitro, if you look close enough round the mid part of that game you can see the nitro stamp on it ;)

Back
Top Bottom