Lane conditions at SPC

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
A huge pat on the back to AMF. Final 3, a power play, a stroker and a lefty, couldn't ask for much more than that. A true test of skill through out the weekend no matter how you bowled.

Kegel technology just highlighting how it can really bring the game down to a level playing field when the right buttons are pressed.

In my opinion, the fairest condition we have ever seen in Australia in a National tournament. Well done AMF, a great tournament all round.

i fully agree this is by far the fairest condition i have ever bowled on.congrats go out to the top three and to jason walsh and paul trotter on their 300's. :D
it should be great to see how the greatest bowler australia has produced goes in the world cup.good luck belmo.

mac stewart

Greatest bowler we've produced? Big call considering our past world cup champs, our successful LPBA players etc.

One thing is for sure, Belmo is fun to watch, but out averaged by Carol....on the scale of achievement in the sport, a better bowler (for now :) )

Well done to both. Keep that on lane charisma and great to watch shot Jason.

I would like to thank AMF and Moorabbin for hosting a great event. Tony Goodwin Did a fantasic job as well as the Staff of Moorabbin Bowl.

Im not the greatest bowler in the world but im trying to get there, and i found the lane condictions hard but fair. and it was good to see many top bowlers having the same problems.

It's good to see AMF go to Kegal, the lanes were even and consistant the entire event. (It would be good to see a Kegal machine in every AMF Center.)

Well Done, keep up the good work.

Ha Ha gee the trip to Bangkok must have scrambled my brain,
because i am in complete agreement with George on this one.
Gees George, your "leftyness" must be rubbing off on me.
Truly i also thought the condition was one of the best we have
seen in Australia, in that it allowed all types of players a chance. A tough but fair condition is definately the best way to describe it.
Best of luck to Belmo at World Cup...he is every chance to become Australias first Male World Cup Champion.

Trotts

lol, theres too much "love" happening between you guys now

what next

national doubles champions paul trotter / george frillingos :lol: :lol: :lol:

George and Trotts are tying the knot very soon i hear, do'nt you worry about that! i was sworn to secrecy about this but i had to give everyone the scoop :)

Anyway, yes i was very happy and frustrated at the same time about the condition, but it really made me think about my game and i was really stoked to have bowled aswell as i did seeing as im only really just kinda getting back into the swing of things in the bowling world. I also wanted to say i really had a great time on the lanes during matchplay, it was nice to take a bit of the seriousness out of the game with the jokes and Zanes flatulence throughout the day, it all made me realise how i have really missed the game.....all in all i had a wicked time during the tournament and i can safely say that i'm back mofos so look out!!! hehe

DBJ its about time u little turd.I glad u have the flow happening again.well done mate on making the cut.see u thursday.

Well all i can say is that the condition was fair to both lefties and righties. u also had to focus on what u were doing and u had to find a shot and like to say great to see boug bear back in the bowling scene and great effort in match play.

Good Luck to Belmo Good chance of winning the world cup u have us cheering u on all the way

While I can't comment about the lane conditions, it was obvious that the bowlers enjoyed the conditions and the atmosphere of the tournament.

A huge "well done" must go out to everyone involved... from Tony Goodwin to the staff "manning the gutters," the whole tournament was impeccably run.

Personally I'd like to thank all of the bowlers (and Graham!) who made me feel welcome at my first tournament working for totalbowling - Doug (cheers for the ride home), Paul (x2), George, Jason, Maxine, Mick and more - you were all so friendly and welcoming, the whole weekend was a fantastic event.

Cheers :)
Daniel

Well i can only agree with all the above as i was silly enough to hang around for 12 hours on each of the days due to good mates bowling in each of the squads and i can tell you i was treated to all levels of Tenpin Bowling . Had the pleasure of watching all our current Australian Reps up close and see how they are at the level they are, to watch Jason Walsh shoot around 360 for one block then go to another and shoot 548 was unreal and to see two champions Bowl a 300 in consective blocks was just awsome well done Trotts and Jason. And one last thing this group of the country's top 20 or so bowlers need to be applauded as I find them very approachable to have a chat regarding the game we all love so much. Keep it up and good luck in all future Tournaments. Paul Bast.

PS: And the Scotch & Bourbons went down well with me old mate from over there in the west,see ya down Frankston way soon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rychenroller brought up an interesting point, Carol Gionotti-Block out averaged the men, after matchplay. This is not the first time she has done so, way back in 1987, she out averaged Chris Batson after matchplay, though Chris went on to win the step-ladder final Carol did not, this was a real shame, our greatest credentialed bowler of all time never got to represent her country at the World Cup.
She did go on to win the Classic a few of years later, beating Dana Miller-Mackie, but being Professional disqualified her from the World Cup.
willey.

is carol still classed as a professional, and if so, for how long?

is belmo the greatest of all time??

not yet, but it won't be long until he is, and he will do it in an era where we will produce some of the best bowlers ever

willry I have that yr on tape when she beat miller mackie in the repecharge match, and she also won the tourn again in 91 when she beat trish cortisis(bad spelling I know) and once again wasn't allowed to go due to the fact of being a pro, that I also have on tape. seems like she never had much luck for representing aus when it came to that tourn aye lol

hey griggsy, you dont happen to have the 91 junior final on tape do you?
if you do and i can get a copy i would be very happy :)
cheers
Doug

only the senior one sorry, if you want a copy of that I can do one for ya but unfortunately I don't have the junior one, I'll ask around some family friends that had a boy that bowled in it and won it, and ask them, they might have one. I'll get back to you on it

lol I didn't mean that yr in particular lol sorry should have typed it a bit more clearer, all I knwo is he won it one yr don't which one cause I'm only 19 and at that stage I was like anywhere between 3-7 lol

The year you'd probably be referring to is 1990 (Joel Wilson) winning it, am I right Griggsy? :)
He won the Junior SPC.
The 1987 Carol Gianotti match was against Leanne Moyle (what ever happened to her?). Moyle was using a pearlized Hammer from memory.
I also have the 1991 tape, she beat Trish Kourtesis in the final, Cara Honeychurch lost to Kourtesis in the first match.
Jason Doust was hooking a ball as much I'd ever seen at the time. :eek:

that's the yr tiger thanks buddy, coudln't remember the yr lol, and thanks for the proper spelling on the trish's name lol can't spell to save myself

Back
Top Bottom