Ken Mills Kup re-scheduled

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Please note that the KMK has been changed to September 23, 2012 in order to avoid clashes with other events.

Andrew, Unless I am reading the calendar wrong the 23rd September is a Sunday and as the KMK this year was a 2 day event run on Saturday and Sunday, could you advise has this event been reduced to one day only??

Oops sorry about that, obviously an illegal keyboard command.
Seriously, thanks - I have amended the Calendar to show the 22nd & 23rd.

Oops sorry about that, obviously an illegal keyboard command.
Seriously, thanks - I have amended the Calendar to show the 22nd & 23rd.

That date is also the start of the Queensland school holidays. Many of our junior parents choose to go on holidays then instead of Christmas.
Question: Why after all these years has it changed?

That date is also the start of the Queensland school holidays. Many of our junior parents choose to go on holidays then instead of Christmas.
Question: Why after all these years has it changed?

So what would be your preferred clash?

The tournament itself is big enough, well organised and very well-liked by all the juniors that have ever bowled in it, so clashing with ECCC particularly, in my opinion, is not going to cut numbers at all.
Also, there are other sets of school holidays through the year, all of which are roughly 2 weeks give or take. The tournament goes for 1 weekend. Im sure families wanting to go away for those holidays in particular can work around a 2 day event.
The date change won't make much of a difference overall. I assume it's so that it doesn't clash with any of the youth/adult rankings tournaments?
Its all well and good to organise the tournament but you still have to take into account the fact that there are going to be an assortment of coaches and/or managers that bowl as well and will gladly turn up to bowl in their own respective tournaments.

It will be interesting to see how many centres will put tenders in for this, due to it being during the school holidays. Also another thing that concerns me is will there be sufficient accommodation, it being the school holidays, hotel/motels will surely be a tough task to find, especially finding one cheap enough since it will be peak season.

It will be interesting to see how many centres will put tenders in for this, due to it being during the school holidays. Also another thing that concerns me is will there be sufficient accommodation, it being the school holidays, hotel/motels will surely be a tough task to find, especially finding one cheap enough since it will be peak season.

Let's hope it stays at Kedron. Plenty of room inside and ample car parks. Fast food outlets just a few minutes walk up the road.
With the start of school holidays, I hope not too many will leave until the Monday.
If you book in now (providing it is at Kedron) at some of the surrounding motels, I'm sure the rates will be within our budget.
This also depends which centre Darren Fagg, Tracey & Lyn will take it to.
Might even go back to Redcliffe where it all started.

Cheers
Mrs P.

The September school holidays are the first two-week break that of the spring season.. Of course parents are going to take their kids on holidays. I know this event is prestigious in the eyes of juniors but this is just too late in the monthto be holding it. I know of at least 12 girls who would normally play in the KMK who are considering trying out for the ECCC and at the rate which girls were required for this years event will have no trouble in qualifying. Not to mention boys who are also considering trying out for the ECCC.. Bring the KMK back to when it normally is and there would be no problems.

I normally attend this event as a manager for Caboolture but if this tournment is to go head on the dates set in this forum then I will be unable due to the fact that I will be attending ECCC and this upsets me that I light not be able to attend KMK as I love going to this event with my juniors. I'm with Peter (pervious post), I also no a couple of juniors that were wanting to try out for ECCC and will now i believe be tourn between bowling in this awesome event and bowling in East Coast... I understand the need to change the date due to clashes but surely there is an earlier date that does not fall in the school holidays or clash with ANY other tournement. But in the end you ware never going to make everyone happy.

Hi All
I would like to ask what is the tournament that the Ken Mills clashes with if it was left to the same weekend it is normally the weekend before. When I look at the Calandar that TBA puts out all there is for the Juniors that weekend is a training day squad. I think they will be doing enough training that weekend. This upsets me as we are making the juniors and parents choose between tournaments. I thought we were here for bowling, and the juniors are our future adult bowlers. As in a pervious comment that u dont think it will affect ECCC bowlers you are wrong cause all you have to do is look at the list of bowlers from last year and there are quite a few bowlers that bowl both TBA and TQI. I hope this can be sorted out that we can let the juniors bowl in both these great tournaments.

Hope to hear from someone with good news in the comming days
I can be contacted just leave me a message with a phone number and I will call

Thanks
Shellie Van Dalen

Received notification today that KMK is being held at KEDRON...Great news. :smilie_gruenweiss:
Date has been set down for 6th & 7th October.
11 games Saturday
7 games Sunday.

This is a better date for all concerned. ;)

Thank you to Lyn & Tracy (TD's) for keeping us in the loop.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom