JUNIOR SHIELD HANDICAPPED

why change shield next it will be the adult shield if u want to run handicap then run another version of this tournament for handicap else it will end up like every other tourney theyve stuffed with it will be gone by the wayside

Phil,

I Believe that the event should be scratch as it has always been.

The other point that I was trying to make is that graded bowlers have as good a chance of beating a scratch bowler with or without their handicap.

In the teams this year there would only be 10 bowlers who would have 200+ averages.

Glenn

Thanks Glen.

Just that your last post was a bit all over the place.

I agree it should be scratch. If you read back to Tonx post regarding his ambition to succeed it brings it into perspective. I have to say Tonx one of the better written posts that i have seen here in a long time.

Phil

We have just had our team meeting for junior and adult sheild, at Forest Hill, and it has been confirmed that this years junior event is handicapped.

I cant believe people are even thinking there are "for arguments" to the Junior Shield becoming a handicapped tournament. Tonx's post hit the nail on the head. Many juniors aspire to making the shield team. This tournament encourages bowlers to improve their game and not rely on handicaps. Bowlers of all averages have always tried out and enjoyed competing, whether they win or lose. The format has seen many low average bowlers bowl personal best scores. I, like Tonx, missed and was reserve the first year I tried out, it encouraged me to practice and I too made it the next year. This tournament needs to be left Scratch so every bowler is even, and encourages younger bowlers to try harder.

Craig.

we have been told, an e/mail stats junior shield will be a scratch event, :cool: and you can take that to the BANK ;)

The best donuts are at KNOX :Lighten:

go Alex:wtf1:

we have been told, an e/mail stats junior shield will be a scratch event, :cool: and you can take that to the BANK ;)
The best donuts are at KNOX :Lighten:
go Alex:wtf1:

By who ? oooh ! its a secrect !!!! Name them .... I hope its AMF.

Having bowled in Junior Shield, and managed both boys and girls teams, i think that it should stay a scratch tournament.

I'll admit that some centres are luckier than others to have higher averaged bowlers, but making it handicapped would lessen the appeal and the competitiveness of the event.

Also, juniors are not juniors forever, and bowling with the aid of handicapp in Junior shield will not prepare them if they want to continue on to Dunn Shield and other such tournaments.

I say keep the tournament handicapp free, it works the way it is!

all centres should have received an email from amf
stating that junior shield will be a scratch event this year
but .............
they will be reconsidering this event, and if anyone has feedback
on how they feel it would best improve junior shield for all centres
please see your centre manager/junior shield manager, and pass on
your thoughts, it is said all feedback will be taken into consideration
and then at the end of junior shield this year they will then announce
if there is a new format or changes.
Why this was not done in the first place.
jeanine

I'll admit that some centres are luckier than others to have higher averaged bowlers, but making it handicapped would lessen the appeal and the competitiveness of the event.
Also, juniors are not juniors forever, and bowling with the aid of handicapp in Junior shield will not prepare them if they want to continue on to Dunn Shield and other such tournaments.
I say keep the tournament handicapp free, it works the way it is!

I totally agree wif Jess, junior will not be junior forever and if they want to bowl the youth tournaments or even adult shield they have to bowl scratch, so y change it now? It has work for so many years n i was told u shouldnt never change something that works.
So keep this as a scratch tournament, as it works that way

oi it is a scratch event and it will prob stay that way there still alot of strong male bowlers that bowl it females well after this year not so strong it is prob beta the female side of it becomes handicap and leave the male bit stratch oh and get rid of that stupid strike thing at the end it is kinda gay lol

Back
Top Bottom