How much does your center charge

N

Not_myself

With all this talk about prices of games costing to much, i was wondering what it cost at your local center?

Here in Kalgoorlie the prices are

Adults: $6.00
Children: $5.50
Concession/Pensioner: $5.50
Rock N Bowl (cosmic bowling) $6.50
Shoe Hire $1.50

your lucky to have your prices so low. for us at illawarra strikezone its like $8 for an adult and $6 for a kid. talk about expensive

scottcomet53 said:
your lucky to have your prices so low. for us at illawarra strikezone its like $8 for an adult and $6 for a kid. talk about expensive

+shoe hire or inclusive. If inclusive thats a great price...if not, well thats just AMF pricing.

yeah its not inclusive which is really expensive. i remember when strikezone used to be owned by frawls and practice rates were only $3.50 for a juniour and $4.50 for an adult

now practice rates have jumped by like $2 since amf took over

Our prices recently went up...one game for an adult is $9 PLUS $3 for shoe hire :shock: ...two games is $17.50 inc shoe hire three games is $20.50

These are only very rough guesess as I havnt worked a shift yet that include new prices...Ill come back with the real prices and kids prices soon.

Jen.

yeah jen i think thats pretty accurate. I still cant believe how much they rose, no wonder less and less people are bowling

At Kirwan:
Adult 1 game $7 2 $11 3 14.50 (+ shoes $2)
Jnr 1 $4.50 + $1 shoes, 2 $8, 3 $10, 2 & 3 game incl shoes.

League practice $2.00/game.

Since we dropped the league practice price from around the $4.50 mark, our $$$ turnover in practice has jumped about 30%. Proshop sales are up, too.

With the prices being charged in some places, all we are doing as an industry is training the casual bowler that tenpin bowling is something that you do as a rare (and expensive!) treat. Try recruiting someone into league who has just paid $70 for his family to bowl a couple of games.
If you can be seen as an affordable family night out, talking people into trying out a league is much easier.

Good prices there in Townsville Robbie B, when the new owners took over here in Mayfield I asked them about the price they were going to charge, they started at $7.50 a game for Adults 6 months ago, we have had 2 price increases since than and now charge $8.50 a game ( seems like were back at AMF ), people are'nt filling the place, we average 6 lanes on a Saturday night. My main concern with the prices when they took over was Staff prices and they said we will leave them at the old AMF price which was $3.25 a game, I said why can't you make it $2 than I will practice a lot, but no change, I don't bowl there anymore.

The Boss asked me the other day why I'm not bowling league, when the new owners took over they told me I would be permanent as I'm casual, if they can't commit to me I can't commit to them. Like I run the Backend, training, rostering, maintenance and I'm casual and my offsider is permanent, go figure.

willey

Hey Willey,
Roster yourself on 75 hours a week - you'll be on salary in a fortnight :twisted: .

BTW, staff rate here is $1/game, unless we need the lanes. 8) Now, if only I had time to practise.... :wink:

While most were hoping that the buyout of AMF would save our sport in reality it could be the death of it.

$7.30 adult open, staff rate $3.50, there was a 20 cent increase per game this year.....

I too agree A.M.F have caused more damage than good in the Australian bowling industry, one must ponder the question, how much longer will A.M.F continue to lose money before they pull out of the Australian bowling industry all together.

Shawn

RobbieB said:
At Kirwan:
Adult 1 game $7 2 $11 3 14.50 (+ shoes $2)
Jnr 1 $4.50 + $1 shoes, 2 $8, 3 $10, 2 & 3 game incl shoes.

League practice $2.00/game.

$2 a game geez that is cheap stuff.....

but $3.50 still isnt bad

I think at Strikezone now...League bowlers now pay$ 5.50 for a game, $10 for 2, and 14$ for 3. Social bowlers i think it's $8.50 for kids, $9.50 for adults, and after 6pm kids pay adult prices. Keeping in mind that that's without any other added extras like prize bags or food, etc. I want the old prices back. :(

Rowey the li'l lefty said:
I think at Strikezone now...League bowlers now pay$ 5.50 for a game, $10 for 2, and 14$ for 3.

HAHAHA, legends is cheaper then that, and we get prizefund at the end of it as well!!!!!

Later Da Cowman!

with my amf league card, 4 games practice for $14.40

used to get 3 for $12, not sure now, prices have just gone up, i know my friends shoe rental has gone from $1.40 to $3 !!!

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom