How many Ball do you take?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DIECAST NUT

I just wondering how many balls, you guys/girls take.

I currently take 6 ball where ever I go and I will change balls depending on the centre I go to.

I think 6 is a good as it gives me great depth in choosing the right ball for the lane conditions.

What do think?

I take between 6 and 8 depending on space in the car
and or whether we fly. As long as you have good variety in your equipment then 5 or 6 should be fine.

Trotts

just curious, is there still the old rule where you're only allowed 4 bowling balls in a centre at any one time?

patrick said:
just curious, is there still the old rule where you're only allowed 4 bowling balls in a centre at any one time?

Are you making this up ? Where did you get this from ?

well i carry 3 balls. but that is only because i only own three balls and can't afford to buy any more at the moment. so yeah thats my reasoning...

but i would say that if i had more i prob would carry more.

chucky

I take between 6 and 8, depending on the centre we are bowling at. However when crossing the Tasman I have to travel light because of the ridicolous 20kg limit. Then I take 3 or 4, but fortunately Trotts looks after a couple for me so that I still have at least 5.

Normally 4 balls does me fine - any more than that and I tend to get confused about which of 2 'similar' balls I should use, but like everybody else it depends on the tournament venue and anticipated conditions. I did deliberately take 6 balls to a triple-condition tournament recently - and used the lot.

Like farma, I have a spare ball 'resident' in Australia so I can travel light when flying, allowing me up to 5 at the Aussie tournaments I bowl. Thanks to Patrick Birtig at Ed Fleming for his help here.

Keeping the spare ball in Oz means I stay familiar with all my strike balls in NZ. And yes, I do have another spare ball in NZ.

David.

I own 6 and take all 6 everywhere. If it comes to lack of space or weight limit, I take my 3 most trusted balls plus my spare ball. I always have a spare abll on hand, cuz sometimes its the only thing thats gunna work...

depending on where i go i would take all 8 but leave 2 in the car i take 6 everywhere though plus it depends on where i'm bowling at wooden lanes that dry up very quick i would leave my good balls in the car and bring 2 of my old bowling balls out and use them. and when flying to other tournament i would take 6 anyway. so that my say i have 8 take them everywhere but only use 6 out of the 8.

laterz
Castle

graham said:
patrick said:

Are you making this up ? Where did you get this from ?

hmmm i cant even remember where i saw it to be honest.... i saw a tournament director at some tournament years and years ago ask a player to remove a ball from the centre..not just the lane but the centre... something to do with max 4 balls in the centre at a time.... *shrug*
a bell rang in my head when i saw this post and brought back something about a 4 ball rule lol

... sorry

WA Open, Late 80's I believe, you had to register all the balls you wished to use. A maximum of 4 balls could be registered.
I will try and confirm this, however there was a maximum you could register and take.

Stax

from memory for the youth nationals you can only register 6 balls to use and are restricted to use those balls only, I might be wrong though but I think that was on the form

ok so i wasnt tripping lol i feel a bit better now thanks for confirming that!

Back
Top Bottom