How do you pick up the 7-10 split?

Mac Attack

Norm Duke
It's probably been posted before, but I have a theory about sparing the 7-10 split. If you are bowling say on an odd lane with the ball return on your right side (i.e. 10 pin side) you should always attempt to hit the 10 pin to richochet off the back to hit the 7 pin, to pick up the spare. This is because the pit depth is less on the 7 pin side and there is more room for the pin to bounce back onto the lane. It might also help if the distance from the end of the lane to the pit cushion is at a minimum.

You might say that it is easier for a right handed hacker to pick up the 7 pin to at least score something rather than attempt the harder 10 pin and earn a rough chance at picking up the spare.

Just a thought. How do you pick up splits? - some people I know just chuck it as hard as they can and hope for the best. Hehe. ;)

heavy forward roll is the most important thing

speed is the second

i have spared 4, 2 from each side

if i was to shoot one for a million, i'd go for the 7 pin being a right hander

If I leave the 7-10 I always try and make the 10 pin bounce out...
And speaking of making pins bounce out...I left a 4-7 yesterday, and made the 7 bounce back onto the deck and take the 4, which I found awesome to watch

I have picked it up only once but have picked up the Big 4 as well by ensuring I roll the ball and hit the 7 pin flush with a bit of speed. This gives you the best chance of having the pin rebound back onto or across the pin deck. I as a lefthander believe as you practice to hit this pin the most you have a better chance to convert the spare than bowling for the 10 pin. Thus I suggest a right hander attempt to hit the 10 pin flush with a lot of roll on the ball.

It's actually not that hard. Two steps to success with your next 7-10 Split*
1. (The Easy Step) Hit the pin you are aiming for with some kind of decent speed. I mean, make sure you hit, not like a 4 year old rolling a ball down speed, I mean your normal bowling Speed
2. (The Hard Step) Get the stupendous amount of luck needed to bounce the pin out!
See that simple!!!

Later Da Cowman!

*Not guaranteed that you will convert your next 7-10 split. If not happy with product you may return within 30 days, some questions asked, for a full refund minus shipping, which you pay for, in full.

If I remember correctly, I think Androo once explained that if you were shooting for a 7-10 split on lanes with AMF machinery, aim for the pin furthest away from the ball door:
EG: 7-pin on the left lane, 10-pin on the right lane as it is slightly elevated in the corner furthest away from that ball door.

I also found with kickbacks that are reasonably bouncy, that good forward roll and modest speed used to kick far more pins out.
Picked up the 7-10 once (don't leave it often) and the 8-10 about 15-16 times (leave that a little bit more often)
On normal kickbacks though - probably just fair fang it at it and hope for the best.

hey tiger, do you know how norm green spared it a few weeks back in centre league? i cant imagine him hurling the ball down there at great speeds and getting lucky?

Topher

*'TOPHER* said:
hey tiger, do you know how norm green spared it a few weeks back in centre league? i cant imagine him hurling the ball down there at great speeds and getting lucky?

Topher

I dunno Christopher, I didn't know he had, he never mentioned it.
That was probably the night I had off to give my back a rest.

I'll ask him next time I see him.

Tiger said:
I dunno Christopher, I didn't know he had, he never mentioned it.
That was probably the night I had off to give my back a rest.

I'll ask him next time I see him.
alright fair enough, as far as i know it was just after he got the big block disel(at least i think thats wat he got) and i think he may have even been using that for the conversion.

Just ask Brett 'Big Head' Hughes ;) , who picked 1 up (his first ever) outta 4 left tonight at Dandenong.

Hammered his Barbed Wire at the 10, and got the lucky bounce off the back.

not bad for someone with 'no ball speed' :cool:

Tiger said:
If I remember correctly, I think Androo once explained that if you were shooting for a 7-10 split on lanes with AMF machinery, aim for the pin furthest away from the ball door:
EG: 7-pin on the left lane, 10-pin on the right lane as it is slightly elevated in the corner furthest away from that ball door.

Correct... as the ball has to roll down into the middle of the pair of lanes to get to the ball elevator. Works on all models of AMF machines... and it helps even more if the cushion shock is half buggered. Spared it 8 times on these machines.

On Brunswick A's/A2's, just hammer the ball as hard as you can into whatever pin is easiest to hit for you. These machines can eject the pin a little easier, as sometimes, "dead" pins can be laying in the pit and help, and no rotating carpet in the bottom. Spared 3 times from memory on these.

On Brunswick GS Series machines like at Canberra International..... hit your reset button! Flappy curtain basically kills the bounce.

androooo said:
Correct... as the ball has to roll down into the middle of the pair of lanes to get to the ball elevator. Works on all models of AMF machines... and it helps even more if the cushion shock is half buggered. Spared it 8 times on these machines.

On Brunswick A's/A2's, just hammer the ball as hard as you can into whatever pin is easiest to hit for you. These machines can eject the pin a little easier, as sometimes, "dead" pins can be laying in the pit and help, and no rotating carpet in the bottom. Spared 3 times from memory on these.

On Brunswick GS Series machines like at Canberra International..... hit your reset button! Flappy curtain basically kills the bounce.

Haha...I will keep this in mind at nats...

This may help...

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=mazza710

or this:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=stayrook710

2 of only 3 7-10 splits picked up on TV.

TO SAVE IT- RIGHT CLICK ANYWHERE IN THE VIDEO SCREEN AND CLICK PROPERTIES AND THEN WHERE THE FILE LOCATION IS LISTED ENTER THAT INTO YOUR BROWSER AND THEN ONCE YOU'RE DONE WATCHING THE WHOLE FILE IN THE NEW MEDIA PLAYER WINDOW CLICK FILE-> SAVE AS (in windows media player)

Thanks to thfonz98 from ballreviews.com for the link...

Back
Top Bottom