Holt Challenge 2009

She has a wedding to officiate (?) this weekend. We would not finish in time for her to make it to the ceremony unfortunately.

Liz

That is what i see Jeff.

So much for trying to beat NSW

its a prediction. NSW win numbers for roll off and now we are going to take the classic shield too.

Michael Marker, the last thing you want to do is fire up the Victorians, they are hard enough to beat as it is.

As stated earlier in a post from me, this is an awesome turnout and is showing that the word is definetly getting out there as relates to this great Australia wide challenge being the Darrell Holt Restricted and Classic challenge.

Well done to the organising comittee on this great turn out and may you all bowl great games and as i have said before, the more you have in a rolloff the better chance of that team being a very competitive team as i fully expect the Victorian team to be.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

PS how is that for diplomacy lol, shutup Michael Marker your not even bowling in the classic division lol.

That is what i see Jeff.

So much for trying to beat NSW

its a prediction. NSW win numbers for roll off and now we are going to take the classic shield too.

Whilst the defending Classic masters champion still has every chance to make the classic team, you have no hope.

Gunther

Yes, that is the final list. We are very excited by the response and in particular the amount of new bowlers we are welcoming to the Holt Challenge this year.

All I can say to you Jeff & Michael is that considering you can't even count (we have 35 bowlers on that list) best you leave counting all the trophies in September up to the Victorians :p

Well, what I can count is that 35 is the same number we had in the ACT. Our two bowls together scraped that up... What happened to taking on NSW numbers?

Since you failed the numbers challenged, I guess the next challenge involves the medals?

I would just like to say Goodluck to all our 35 bowlers on the weekend and how great it is to see so many new bowlers trying out.

Good Luck, Great Bowling and High Scores, see you all on the lanes.

Also to everyone involved in helping out to make this years roll offs a great success, thank you. All the hard work has paid off.

:) ;)

That was a great effort without doubt Jeff, especially with only two bowls to draw from, however with the Challenge in Victoria next year, I am sure we will do you proud then. A lot of our bowlers are already looking forward to 2010 - hopefully to defend a few titles ;)

Well, what I can count is that 35 is the same number we had in the ACT. Our two bowls together scraped that up... What happened to taking on NSW numbers?

Since you failed the numbers challenged, I guess the next challenge involves the medals?

Hi all,

Please find below a list of bowlers (along with their entering averages for Restricted roll-offs). If anyone has any questions relating to these averages please address them to the Committee via private message to Holt Challenge Victoria or via [email protected].

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FORUM FOR PERSONAL COMMENTS RELATING TO INDIVIDUALS AVERAGES.

Thanks!

CLASSIC MEN
Daryl Lucas
Gerry Mercieca
Glenn David
Graham Russell
Gunther Czmok
Jason Motta
Joe Tomasinski
Peter Coburn
Ray Thompson
Scott Morris
Tony Pappin

CLASSIC WOMEN
Ingrid Coburn
Jeanette Kent
Lynda Gunn
Val Porteous
Vanessa Pappin

RESTRICTED MEN
Alex Ralston - 158 (Verified)
Colin Hook - 181 (Verified & Adjusted)
Daniel Lim - 151 (Verified & Adjusted)
Daryl Lucas - 176 (Awaiting verification)
David Groves - 155 (Awaiting verification)
David Kent - 174 (Verified & Adjusted)
Gary Pett - 163 (Awaiting verification)
Gino Costabile - 157 (Verified)
Gunther Czmok - 154 (Verified)
Mark Crawford - 173 (Verified & Adjusted)
Neville Carter - 153 (Verified)
Noel Medson - 179 (Awaiting verification)
Roger de Witt - 152 (Verified)
Scott Morris - 171 (Awaiting verification)
* awaiting verification of Eligibility for Glenn David & Ray Thompson

RESTRICTED WOMEN
Alicia Mercieca - 143 (Verified)
Briana Tomasinski - 155 (Verified)
Chris Holt - 159 (Verified)
Jeanette Kent - 173 (Verified)
Lynda Gunn - 173 (Verified)
Lorraine Miller - 161 (Verified)
Rhiannon Humphrey - 161 (Verified and adjusted down)
Robyn Bull - 167 (Verified)
Sue Wheeler - 164 (Verified)
Tracy Broadbent - 156 (Verified)
Val Porteous - 173 (Verified)

*** PLEASE NOTE if averages are noted as "verified and adjusted" there has been a change to the entered average following verification and in accordance to the eligibility rules. If you have any concerns relating to an adjusted average, please contact the committee.

OK I don't have an issue with admitting NSW beat us with numbers. That is one battle I am happy to loose. However, our numbers have been good and consistent each year. :p

Liz

I think this whole situation with numbers of bowlers turning up for rolloffs is getting a little silly, it is not about NSW having more bowlers than Victoria or ACT or any zone for that matter. What we should be doing is fostering the game as a whole across the country and ensuring that whether you live in NSW, ACT, VIC, SA or any other part of Australia that the focus is on making people realise that Ten Pin Bowling and in particular the Holt Challenge is a wonderful bowling challenge to be a part of, to test yourself against the best at this level around Australia and to most importantly to make life long friends that you would not have if you were not involved.

These are the reasons i turn up every year now to be involved in some way and to bowl and meet all my mates i may only get to see a couple of times a year.

Personally if anyone knows me i have never been successful in making the NSW team (that is not to say that i don't want to be, the day i finally make the NSW team is going to be one of my greatest moments in bowling within Holt) but i turn up, put my name on the draft and have been lucky enough to bowl with NT in 2007 and in the first ever Fusion team in 2008, 2 very proud moments for me.

I also managed the NSW Classic team last year to a Silver medal at my first attempt ever at managing, yet another proud moment. But what makes it all the better was being around people i really enjoying being around, mates with a common interest in competitive surroundings.

So what i am trying to say here is not to start with the we did better than you scenario that has been bantered around (some if not most of that in good fun only) and lets look at promoting each and every zone to have successful rolloffs with good turnouts even in these tough economic times and congratulate those that have put these rolloffs together and also to give advise to other zones struggling a bit to maybe help them to get better turn outs because in the end by helping everyone to promote this game Australia wide we are helping the growth of the sport of tenpin bowling and the growth of this great challenge the Darrell Holt Restricted and Classic challenge.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

It's just a bit of friendly rivalry here tix.

I would love to see this even get bigger and better.

Liz

Well said Michael.

I think it has been a fantastic effort by all states that have had their roll offs so far. Especially QLD with the devastating floods and of course our very own devastating Bushfires here in VIC.

Most of us have been affected in some way or another yet we all seem to rally around and help each other out, even from state to state. The True Aussie Spirit.

To be able to get people to try out for roll offs in the first place is a great effort to everyone, but with what has happened in the last couple of months it is absolutely fantastic.

This is one of the main reasons Darrell Holt Challenge is so popular today. The life long friendships, the sportsmanship, the fun, the travel, all fabulous.

As long as we have so many bowlers that are so passionate about their sport the only way this competition is going is up; numbers are rising every day. Long live the Darrell Holt Challenge.

See you all in Belconnen
Sue Wheeler (GO VICTORIA !!!! ) ;) ;)

:)

Back
Top Bottom