Hobart Cup

griggsy

Is this tournement actually going ahead? I haven't heard anything about it nor seen any forms or anything. Just curious

jayse

Me too..............................;)

Gary...........................................................:cool:

Yeah, would be nice to know so I, along with others, can start booking flights before they get too expensive etc.

I'm sure any info would be greatly appreciated

Yeah, would be nice to know so I, along with others, can start booking flights before they get too expensive etc.

Will make a big dif if we can book cheap flight's if not no go.

Gary...................................................................................:cool:

Yeah I must admit I haven't heard a thing about it either, nor seen a form.
They'll wanna pull their finger out, it's only a couple of months away.

I'll look into it this week and see what I can suss out. :)

From my understanding, they are still trying to find a sponsor....

I have heard different stories from different people... That it won't be bowled without a sponsor.. That it will be bowled even if it runs at a loss... Who to beleive?? You tell me.

I can't believe how everyone just talks about stuff like this on a public forum, isn't it better to just talk to the source.

Well the source is me "Patrick Birtig" if you didn't notice!!!

It was me who took it upon myself to help run the Grand Prix Circuit in Victoria after Warren Stewart had left AMF, I was the one that stepped in and was TD for the first event "The Bowlers World Cup", I was the one that created the new format because of a few suggestions from bowlers that maybe we should go with multiple qualifying events, that way it will be cheaper for everyone!!!

I was the one that was there for the first of these multiple qualifying events which was a disaster, and we still decided to go with another one at Frankston, which was twice the disaster. I was the one that cancelled the rest of the Grand Prix Series, and 2 weeks mentioned that the Hobart Cup might still go ahead if sufficient sponsorship happens, remember that this is a ranked event which carries a minimum of $2000.00 1st prize.

And just so you know, I don't have to pull my finger out of anything thank you, remember I am just a person like any one of you, I don't get paid to run these events, I don't apparently even get recognised for having anything to do with them. This is something that anyone can do, but I don't see anyone of you putting there hand up to help put this event together!!

I have asked for some help on this event, and some key people will be involved, so when I have an answer on sponsorship, entry fee and prizefund, I will let you know!!!

In the meantime, if you want to know anything, ring me at work on 9555-3555 Tuesday to Friday and ask me rather than post here which I rarely see, because the ones that want to know this stuff have done so already.

For all those that can't be bothered, I will be putting together an entry form next Monday hopefully, and shortly there after will be posted on the TBA website at www.tenpin.org.au, and may be included here as well!!

What I do know at this stage is:

This event is well anticipated, it will give bowlers a chance to try out the Moonah Lanes before the Nationals in October, it is still scheduled to go ahead on the 26th & 27th August, sponsorship allowing, and I can tell you that double ranking points will apply, because we would like to lay down the same condition that will be down for the Nationals.

Entry fee is unknown, however the format will be a straight 10 games qualifying, with matchplay on the Sunday. It is hoped we have two squads with 36 bowlers in each, A squad starts at 10.00am and B squad at 2.00pm based on a full field of 72 bowlers, B squad can be extended if needed. Wash & Oil after each squad.

At this stage I believe I already have around 20 entries, and when up and running properly I will have an online booking system available on the Bowlers World website where you can automatically put yourself into a squad.

The Kegel Oiling Machine will be used for the pattern, in this event and all through the Nationals.

I would also like to have something on Sunday for the bowlers that missed out, it may be just a few skins games and a BBQ, but that's something!!!

So keep your eyes peeled in the tournament section for anymore updates.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig
[email protected]
Work: (03)9555-3555

Is it true that most Rachuig Teams are using this tournament as an official practice session???

Great News for the Hobart Cup

I have had a conversation with the Regional Manager that this event will be going ahead as scheduled and will be a Ranked Event.

Yeah I'll have a chuck.
Get this VIP out the way first and see how I'm holding up coinwise.

Sounds like it should be really good.

looks like a great turnout so far, plenty time to go before the tourn and b squad has only 3 spots left and a squad with 36. not too bad considering how long the entry form has been out for. thanks heaps for helping it get going patrick.looks like a good tourn and great to see some mainlanders coming down too

There has been a change of times for squads to encourage more interstate bowlers to come to Hobart.

The morning squad has been changed to the afternoon, so bowlers can arrive on Saturday rather than Friday night.

A squad is now check-in at 11.30am - bowl at 12.00pm, and B squad is now check-in at 3.30pm - bowl at 4.00pm. Times for the matchplay are still the same.

This tournament is definately going ahead and should prove to be a great warmup for the nationals in October.

I will be sending out emails to everyone on the list to advise of the changes.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

Back
Top Bottom