Hardest & easiest Lane conditions in Qld?

Mm, it's a little bit hazy, i remember a lot of bowlers in the center, was during a championships (state maybe?) if i remember correctly. That was my point though ash'y, it isnt like they are common. I wonder what it would be like the day (if?) it goes off and someone wins some cash. I remember seeing 5k wasnt it ? for 5 man teams on the board at one stage. Some huge figure which ive been told has been reduced :(

Edit: Removed name, anon, all that jazz :)

isnt it amazing to see what a difference a few months can make. if i recall, one junior bowler (who is not jnr anymore) quit bowling at kedron last year after putting up with so-called 'crap' lane conditions because they were like inconsistent or something.

now the bowler in question is an employee of the centre, and its amazing to see how much the story has changed, now he knows that the same condition is apparently put down for every league. (which i know is)

isnt it interesting to see how much someone will stick up for the centre they bowl when only a little while back was bagging it left right and centre

as for my opinion on easiest and hardest, well mine don't count

Jason

(i do apologize if none of this makes sense.)

jl said:
isnt it amazing to see what a difference a few months can make. if i recall, one junior bowler (who is not jnr anymore) quit bowling at kedron last year after putting up with so-called 'crap' lane conditions because they were like inconsistent or something.

now the bowler in question is an employee of the centre, and its amazing to see how much the story has changed, now he knows that the same condition is apparently put down for every league. (which i know is)

isnt it interesting to see how much someone will stick up for the centre they bowl when only a little while back was bagging it left right and centre

as for my opinion on easiest and hardest, well mine don't count

Jason

(i do apologize if none of this makes sense.)

OK I have to say I'm a little bit surprised by that attack right there, seems a little uncalled for.

Where do I start. Kedron's condition is a little bit different from last year, it's not quite the same. The HVO Summit is being looked after as well as is possible and this also makes a difference. Yeah, I've learnt a lot in the past few months, especially since I've been working there. I've bowled in a lot more different situations and conditions since then too and I can tell you that it certainly makes a difference to your attitude about certain conditions that centres put down. I find that working in that field also broadens your own knowledge about conditions, and it can often make you less critical about a centre's conditions - why? Because now I understand them. Then there is also the fact that I now realise there is no point getting angry about the conditions that are put down anywhere - just go out there and bowl, everyone is on the same conditions as you. If they average higher than you, well you need to put the work in to be as good or better than them. You can't really blame the conditions for that.

Jason you were once an employee of the centre too. Don't say that my opinion is based on my employment. It's not. You might not think Kedron is "condusive to higher scoring" and that's fine. It's YOUR opinion. This is MY opinion. If I have a query with a centre's condition - I'll generally tell the staff (nicely) nowdays. It's not often you'll see me bag it publicly. Tell me, when was the last time I bagged a centre on here, for example. If you want changes, tell the staff, don't put it on here. We might consider your suggestions.

As I stated in my previous post on this very topic...This is just my opinion :) :eating:

Tim.

From what im hearing of alot of people ashmore has becoem very dry and is very hard to score there now. so i will take back my coment about them bein easy, and say i have to bowl there to judge them.

ok im sorry mate, i didnt mean to be that harsh. all i was trying to say that if you were not a tech like you are now, then you wouldnt realise the amount of time and effort the tech in that centre do put in, and maybe (just maybe) you might still be saying the lanes were tough and sticking up for Kedron.

like i said i'm sorry. i didnt think that anyone really cared for my opinions anyway.

Jason

I think that the one reason why people bowl differently from centre to centre is because of how they think the lanes will be. If you think the lanes are hard, then you are more likely to bowl bad, compared to going to a new centre and saying to yourself, these lanes are easy. As people have said before, different centres suit different people.
So if someone tells you that a certain centre is hard, ignore it because unless they are exactly the same as you, it might not be true. Timmee and myself are examples of this. When you walk into a centre saying Ow its so hard, i cant bowl here, crap conditions, etc.(not that timmee said this) there is a good chance you'll bowl crap.
I did this last year at Redcliffe, i finished with a 170ish average. I went there at the beginning of this year not thinking that they were hard and now have a 200 ave. Im guessing this is the same as Timmee.
You should walk into a centre not thinking that it's easy or that it's hard, but that you need to find out for yourself what the lanes are like.

Anyways, thats what i think.

And Feral, why should jl grow up, he didn't mention any names. Therefore no one was hurt by the COMMENTS and thats all they were.

Derek Adams said:
Hard: Chemside, Tweed, nerang, GARDEN CITY LANES

Easy: Rocky, sunset, ashmore, mt warren, milton

(sorry if some things are spelt wrong!! :shock: )

hmmm sunset is easy ehh. well fair enough.

yea. in fact i agree. sunset is easier compared to other centres around queensland.

luke said:
From what im hearing of alot of people ashmore has becoem very dry and is very hard to score there now. so i will take back my coment about them bein easy, and say i have to bowl there to judge them.

Just come in and have a bowl for yourself :) Tuesday nights after leagues are free :lol:

Ragnamax said:
If there are people in here who can't stand what is being said in an opinion forum. maybe you are in the wrong place. But i am just about fed up with all this crap. If it helps you all cope with it. Just pretend i didn't say anything.

DROP IT ALREADY!!!!

WHO REALLY CARES!!!!

it shouldn't really matter whether lanes are hard or easy. It just matters how much fun you while bowling there. I had fun on the new oil at GCL. Isn't that all that counts???

I havent been here for the whole argument but it seems that ur post started it Nik.....
Sorry but i am agreeing with George, tangles and Hayley....
If you find it easy to roll a strike on a particular make it fun bymixing it up a bit...
throw a different line and see how that works...
If everything works for you then you should average 300 at which point like George said you can call the lanes easy....

Other than that from what i have heard Nerag is a pretty hard centre for most people....
and Nik i understand what u were saying but i havent been bragging about averaging 220 or something, yeah i shot 726 in league one night but that was one night and i have now learnt from that and i am aiming higher

I can't belive some people here. If you go out and avg 220 and your happy with yourself then thats great. Why put that person down. I'm starting to think that a lot of you guys care about yourself and NOT THE SPORT.

i was saying that i agreed with George.....
Did u even read what he said...
Everything he said was about the sport...
If you were referring to me as not liking the sport u are sadly mistaken and should read other peoples posts more thoroughly...
How could i not love the sport when i was agreeing with someones opinions about the sport?????

U obviosly care more about ur own opinion than anyone elses....

Sorry you said that you agree with George, Tangles and Hayley
From what I saw Hayley attcked Nik for having a say. Yet you agree with that? Like I said, I think some people care about them self and not for the sport.

Simple fact is Nik was happy with the way he bowled. This is good for him and the sport. All I see is people having a go at him. All this is doing is bring the sport down and making people leave. Personal attacks are not needed. Everyone should work together for the sport. Not fight, just cos you don't like what someone as to say.

OK guys, I think this argument needs to be settled and to be honest, Bowler is right in saying that its just hurting the sport more than anything.

Our lane conditions are easy for some and hard for others. So are Sunset's. To be honest, I scored better at Sunset for ages before we got the Kegel here, but I haven't bowled at Sunset for a bit so I can't really compare.

Bottom line is - you don't like it, don't bowl. Bowler and Ragnamax, you're quite welcome to join a league here. We're not going to stop anyone from bowling here.

If anyone has a complaint about our conditions, Zane and I would be happy to discuss your concerns in person - let's leave all this garbage outta the forums.

CASE CLOSED

Back
Top Bottom