Hardest & easiest Lane conditions in Qld?

Ragnamax

Until every bowler bowls 300 every game there is no such thing as easy lanes. Yes it is a play on words but a better way to put it is that some lanes conditions are more condusive to high scores than others.

Toowoomba should be commended for investing in such technology. The Kegle is light years from its competitor and can allow the laneman setting the condition unlimited control on what is laid.

Who cares if you average 220 and think the lanes are easy, why dont you try and average 230? or 240? Everything is a challenge if you want it to be. The point is that if your averaging 220 and you think the lanes are easy your not that good are you? Why dont you average higher? there is some skill level in averaging 240 on a condition which is condusive to high scoring otherwise everyone would have averaged 240 at the Garden City Classic (which they didnt). Do you understand how oil breaks down? moves? carries down? etc etc Do you know everything about breakpoints and entry angles v pattern length and type?

Until you know this information, one for which I am still constantly learning, I hardly think your in a postion to comment on how easy lanes are. How about you say that the current pattern which you bowl on is condusive to high scores. Thats it

Kegle technology is awesome, your lucky to have it! Use it to your benefit and if you want to challenge yourself and bowl lower scores, change to a plastic ball or ask Zane to lay a 2 to 1 ratio and see how you go. Just dont say that because you avg 220 the lanes are easy, because they may not be for others................

Bowler,

How come I didn't see your name in that list?? Are our conditions "too easy" for you?

I agree totally with George - get Zane to put down a 2-1 pattern and see how you all fare. I still stand by what I said earlier, if it's so easy why not come and bowl the house down??

PS I didn't personally attack Nik. If he wasn't complaining, why bother posting??

Just my two cents

Tangles said:
Bowler,

How come I didn't see your name in that list?? Are our conditions "too easy" for you?

I agree totally with George - get Zane to put down a 2-1 pattern and see how you all fare. I still stand by what I said earlier, if it's so easy why not come and bowl the house down??

PS I didn't personally attack Nik. If he wasn't complaining, why bother posting??

Just my two cents

I'm simply responding to the topic.... or aren't i allowed to do that in here???? from what it seems, you guys aren't, you are criticising me for making a post on what i think.

I just love how bowlers act. Don't you?

Let me see Tangles, I had to work, if i got it off I would have bowled.
How I would have bowled is anyones guess. But the doesn't mean anything.

Now that ur having a go at me I wouldn't waste my time effort or money, in a place were all you do is attack people for having a say. The fact of the matter is the topic was asking what you though were the tough and easy lanes. Nik was having a say. If this is how GCL wants to run there center and drive people away so be it. But all your doing is runing the sport that many of us love.

P.S I find it funny that everytime there is some sort of bitching it comes from the same people. I don't see anyone having a go at others early in the topic. Becos there is no need too.

Well, here we go again hey, wats started as ppls opinions has now turned in to people having a go at the (what i call wonderful and many ppl would agree) staff who are always willing to help.

When i first saw this topic i originally thought it was a pretty bad play on words as george also said, how can u call a centres lanes conditions easy or hard unless u bowl there day in and day out.. Fair enough if u say your league pattern plays more scoreable for you or it plays tough, or a certain tournament condition played either tough or quite scoreable. The point Im trying to say here is that alot of people would not know the true normal house pattern unless they played on it frequently. It seems those putting Garden City down rarely play on the condition themselves, and as u said nik n i quote it "With my bowling style as it is I simply believe that your lanes have become easier." that is then ur style on that condition.. Not whether the whole centre has become easy for everyone.

Alot of centres dream of having a kegal machine or the technology of such machine so that they can help those tournament bowlers or even league bowlers who want to further their knowledge in the game. So why knock something that has the ablilty to help bowlers. The only thing I see that is "driving" people away is the nasty comments that always come up about Garden City Lanes no matter wat the topic is..

Zane and all his staff at this centre strive to make bowling a bigger and better sport, and are willing to help those who ask for it. Instead of stating your opinion that the lanes are too easy, how bout you find somewhere thats willing to lay you down something tough and learn how to bowl on that if you travel away to tournaments with 3:1 then they dont whinge that they are too hard..

Bowling Alleys never intentionally make the lanes too hard or too easy unless they are asked to by a person who wished to practise on them or it is a tournament. I am sure other centres would agree that theyre trying to better the game, not leaving doors open for people to have a go at them.

As always this is just my opinion.

Bowling Alleys never intentionally make the lanes too hard or too easy unless they are asked to by a person who wished to practise on them or it is a tournament. I am sure other centres would agree that theyre trying to better the game, not leaving doors open for people to have a go at them.

Dont get out much do you :eek:

I like how there have been so many people that have gone on the defensive when someone said a condition was playing easy. Makes you wonder if they are just upset because it is touching on their pride a little.

Guys, what I've got to say is quick and simple.

If you don't like the lane conditions at a certain centre, don't bowl there!! Don't whinge and carry on and ruin it for the bowlers that ENJOY bowling there.

Like Hayles said, Zane and all his staff are here to help and we are willing to listen to criticism - as long as its constructive and not just to stir the storm in the teacup.

Just my two cents.

Tangles no one can understand what your saying, the only people that were carrying on were you and Hayley. Maybe you should go back and read what was said.

Simple fact is the topic is about what lanes you though are easy or not.

Now I would have to say the hardest I have bowled on would be Rockie. Always had good fun there.
Easyer well don't really have a pick.

It will be interesting to see if someone attacks me about saying they are harder. But then again i'm sure they won't mind this being said as it just A OPINION

If there are people in here who can't stand what is being said in an opinion forum. maybe you are in the wrong place. But i am just about fed up with all this crap. If it helps you all cope with it. Just pretend i didn't say anything.

DROP IT ALREADY!!!!

WHO REALLY CARES!!!!

it shouldn't really matter whether lanes are hard or easy. It just matters how much fun you while bowling there. I had fun on the new oil at GCL. Isn't that all that counts???

All this stuff about Garden City Lanes being to easy because of the Kegel is a little unusual.

What the Kegel does is provide a much wider variety of shots to be laid down, infact pretty much anything the staff want. What George said about the lanes being conducive to higher scoring, I agree with, how can you even define easy lanes, just because so and so went and averaged 220 on the condition doesn't mean there easy, last time he went there and struggled to shoot 190 the condition might have been abnormally tougher, maybe you had a bad day??

The point is the lanes were easier on that particular day, Hayley was well over her normal league average in the same centre, sure she might have had a good day, but im guessing the lanes aren't that easy all the time. It's what the people at the front counter want to put out, they obviously want to see people shooting big scores for now.

Hard: Chemside, Tweed, nerang, GARDEN CITY LANES

Easy: Rocky, sunset, ashmore, mt warren, milton

(sorry if some things are spelt wrong!! :shock: )

BRISBANE and surrounding bowling centres

Condusive to high scores and the ability to set any condition they want (Sanction technology): Garden City, Milton, Caboolture, Aspley, Ipswich

Lane conditions condusive to high scoring: Redcliffe, Mt Gravatt, Kedron, Chermside, Strathpine, Capalaba, Sunset, Nerang, Ashmore, Browns Plains

Lane conditions NOT condusive to high scoring: Logan, Cannonhill

As a majority, almost all centres in Queensland are easy, along with the rest of the country.

Lane conditions conducive to high scoring - Ashmore ?????????
:rofl:
George when was the last time you bowled at Ashmore?
They've changed a little since Chevron.

While I do not bowl at Ashmore regularly, last time I was there I didn't have many difficulties, shot some decent games including a 265 so in my opinion Ashmore is not a low scoring (or hard or whatever) centre. And this wasn't years ago, this was 2 months ago.

I also agree that Kedron is condusive to higher scoring. I wish that everyone shared this opinion at times. Shot 279 in practice there about a month or so ago on the same pattern that gets put down for every league.

I do not find Strathpine condusive to high scoring personally, neither do I find Cannon Hill condusive to high scoring which is a bit ironic because my high series for 3 I bowled at Cannon Hill (704) but anyway.

Just my opinion :)

I think it comes down to some centres suit certains bowlers while others dont.

Ive never EVER scored well at Greenslopes or Milton (havent bowled there since the new machine). But other centres have had good success at. (including some of the centres mentioned here as "harder")

I think what i would hate is people calling a centre easy and then you go in there and average 170, whilst the rest of the card is shooting cricket scores. I watched a guy bowl 800+ for 3 at a centre one day, whilst a bowler who I considered on par with him in ability shot 450 for 3 on the pair next to him at the same time. Were the lanes easy ? For Mr 800 they were, but definately not for Mr 450.

What im trying to saying is that this topic could go on forever. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

I'm glad you didn't have any difficulties at Ashmore Timmee.
I'm basing my argument on 3 x 300 games in 20 years, and the fact that out of over 1200 registered bowlers only 2 bowlers are currently averaging 200 or better.
I would have thought all that added up to a fairly difficult centre.
Any Ashmore bowlers care to comment?

I forgot to write rocky in when i bowled there i thought taht they were quite easy and not as hard as everyone made tehm out to be. and i have bowled ashmore a fair few times and i found them lanes easy to score on

You guys want to get down and have a bowl down there then. It's far from what it used to be. They have been implementing a little thing called carry down, yes it's amazing when the dry heads (after they havent been double oiled) dry out even futher and the oil ends up down the back and all over the place. The highest averaging league there probably averages 3 or 4 200's bowled a night. It's worse than a box of chocolates, both the bowlers and the staff dont know what you are going to get :lol: Ashmore hasnt been high scoring for a good 7 or 8 years. Before that they were average at best. There have been patches where it was through the roof and some high scores have been thrown but it hasnt averaged the same condition (a season would be good?) in a very long time. Go in and have a look at the lane records, those were the days when you could shoot telephone numbers. A lot of those records havent moved in years.

Edit: Timmee, 2 months ago was fun, you havent been there recent enough. Since they have "rebuilt" the phoenix, "tried" new oil, it has gone to hell. Think rocky but on the gold coast. That is very much how they are playing, you have it fresh for a game if you are lucky. The condition changes, the heads are baked, the oil ends up down the back. Couple that with probably the most under-reactive backends in qld, (well certainly in this part, considering the surface they could be flying, but god clean them up boys) , and carry is gone, there is no line but straight at the headpin. You cant even use the outside dry boards and play down and in. There just isnt any! :eek: It's very much a case of get out your least reactive ball, stay tight and angle it into the headpin. If you want to carry and bowl above average, you had better be a straight bowler and keep it light for a good mix.

Andrew S. said:
I'm glad you didn't have any difficulties at Ashmore Timmee.
I'm basing my argument on 3 x 300 games in 20 years, and the fact that out of over 1200 registered bowlers only 2 bowlers are currently averaging 200 or better.
I would have thought all that added up to a fairly difficult centre.
Any Ashmore bowlers care to comment?

Of the 300's, how many were bowled during league :D The last one i have seen in the center (actually physically watched) was frank ryans :)

Was Frank Ryan's in practice or qualifying???

Anna Patterson & JIm Ferguson the only 2 in league.

None in last 5 years. And Jim's was in the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom