Hammer "Jigsaw"

finspin

The advert said "World release date 14th July"
Contacted the UK importers for this new ball from Hammer to be told that they are still on the high seas making their way slowly to the UK. Once they have landed and after being delayed by Customs and other admin issues, it will take 3 weeks before the UK bowler can take possession of this ball.

Any problems with this ball hitting the Australian markets

Hi Finspin
As the Australian Distributor of Hammer we air freighted our stock in so that all proshops that preordered had their stock on the day of release.
All part of our Service :)
Cheers

Carol
Animal's Distribution
MBL: 0403351501
FAX: 07 38880501

The advert said "World release date 14th July"
Contacted the UK importers for this new ball from Hammer to be told that they are still on the high seas making their way slowly to the UK. Once they have landed and after being delayed by Customs and other admin issues, it will take 3 weeks before the UK bowler can take possession of this ball.

Any problems with this ball hitting the Australian markets

Posted info to a similar website in the UK (Talk Tenpin). In turn they got in contact with the Importer in the UK (Bowltech).

As result I received a full explanation via e-mail from the CEO as to why the "Jigsaw" had not arrived in the UK. Bascially they expect the ball to be very successful with the UK bowlers and decided to keep down the cost by shipping them in one load on a container ship.

Cost wasn't an issue for me as I had won the jigsaw via a proshop raffle. But I was looking forward to taking the ball with me to Vancouver, Canada in a couple of weeks for a tournament.

I did liked the personal touch from the CEO

To the people who have this ball,
How have you found the ball to be??
Compaired to other balls you have??
What lane condition it likes??
Cheers

Hi All

I have drilled one of these balls and find it very agressive.
i have it drilled for heavy oil and from what i have seen so far it suits this condition perfectly
The only thing is because of the colour sometime its a bit hard to read the breakpoint down the lane

I would be very interested to know how a Proshop would re-create the out of box surface when the ball needs to be resurfaced. The advert sounds good, but what happens when work is required on the ball.
In UK we are still waiting for the ball to appear in the Proshops, another 2 weeks we guess

Re-creating the surface shouldn't be a problem....

Sand the ball with a 500 grit pad in 4 directions.... then go over the 500 grit surface with a 4000 grit pad. Skip the 1000 and 2000.

Smooths out the "top layer", but keeps the lines underneath. I have tried this surface on my Motiv TX1. Still clears the heads, but gets moving in the midlane more.

Storm and Rotogrip have similar finishes on their balls. 360 4 sides, followed LIGHTLY by 500, then LIGHTLY with whatever the original finish is.

Personally, I would love to try a Jigsaw, but considering the Burn is too much ball for me, I don't think I'd ever use it. They were correct in their marketing. the Burn certainly "peels" off the dry boards. Never thrown a ball with so much backend movement, and I'm not talking about a sharp flip, just hard hard arc. Haven't found a place where it won't hook back from. I'm just loving the Onyx Vibe. For the cash, it's awesome!

Re-creating the surface shouldn't be a problem....

Sand the ball with a 500 grit pad in 4 directions.... then go over the 500 grit surface with a 4000 grit pad. Skip the 1000 and 2000.

Andrew you are correct

Here is the official response from the Hammer Factory in regards to resurfacing the Jigsaw

"The Jig Saw is finished 500 grit Abralon, 4000 Grit Abralon without any interim steps. No 1000, no 2000, just 500 and than directly to 4000.
Therefore, to refinish the ball, use 500 to get out the dings and go immediately to 4000 for the final finish"

Cheers
Animal's Distribution

I'm still waiting for my ball.

Anyone wth the Jigsaw, willing to post a report on its performance. I am very curious

Back
Top Bottom