Dodgey internet bowling pro shop site

milkman

I just thought I'd give people some information on a particular pro shop in America I have had so much trouble with, I would recommend people STAY RIGHT AWAY from them, and never buy anything of them.

The offending website is www.bestbowling.com and here are the list of events that led me to this post:

1. Ordered the balls in mid July, was told they would be in stock the day after I ordered them
2. Found out the balls were in stock, but would take 2 weeks to ship to a freight forwarder in America that would ship them to Australia. Money was already taken out of my account of course.
3. 3 weeks later the balls arrive in Australia.
4. Cutoms wont release the balls because there wasnt any invoice with the balls
5. Ring the pro shop, and they tell me they dont send invoices with balls and that I should "forge" my own invoice to get it cleared with customs.

Right now, customs are doing x-ray scans on the balls because they are a bit suspicious of them, and I have to get credit card invoices to prove the value of the balls.

Can anyone else suggest online shops to buy bowling gear from? I have tried www.bowlingindex.com and found they are very prompt and efficient, but what else do people use?

I've heard some good things about www.brandosproshop.com ??????

icon_biggrin.gif

Better watch yaself Greig, I believe Wayne Chester personally knows the guy that runs that site.

Maybe wayne can confirm the accusations?

If you're looking for a local operation, try RebelTenpin.com.au - I've bought a fair bit of gear from them over the last twelve months and they have always been very good.

Cheers,

Greg

I have no idea what Milkman (Cameron)is talking about. I recommended www.bowlersparadise.com to him as I have all the confidence in the world that this internet pro shop is on the up and up.

Beachbowl pro shop???...I don't know anyone associated with it!

Milkman,

I used their pro shop service but got the opposite service to what you have experienced. I also bought a bowling ball earlier on the year. Didn't have any delays on the delivery of the ball as it came in 5 days. Mine was delivered by air (their only method at the time). Plus there was a photocopied invoice included with the packaging on the top so don't know why yours didn't have it. The only issue I had with this delivery was with customs charging their usual tax on top and other lousy government tax with it !!
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Thanks to Patrick at BowlersWorld for being very considerate and didn't charge his usual drilling price on top. Find that it is not worth purchasing bowling balls over the Internet as the cost is more than what you eventually pay at a local pro shop like Patrick. No problems with buying other items on the Net just not bowling balls considering the charges to encounter at customs !!

I'm not trying to stick up for their service but my experience was better. The person I dealt with was a guy called Steve. Was that the same person you dealt with ?

Cheers
Vi

RE: Internet Sites Bowling Equipment

Milkman,
As Vi has stated balls are probably better off purchased here,but theres always a exception. When our dollar fairs better against the $US I have used skormor.com,last order was a pair linds left handed in a 9 1/2 double e. they told me 6 weeks as they had to be made,6 weeks to the day they arrived at my door !!
icon_biggrin.gif

Guys,

I run Rebel Tenpin, why don't you give us a try. If suppliers have stock we will get your equipment to you in a few days. Plus we try to be one of the cheapest in the country. The site does not always have the latest balls on display but we can get anything that is available.

rebeltenpin.com.au

Just don't order anything this week I will be away at the SPC.

Regards
James

One more thing.

I have bought things from the states as well with mixed results.

The best I have found is Bowlers Discount Sales. One of the balls I bought from them was a Storm Bolt, but I ordered the Bolt Pro. I sent them an e-mail and they put the credit on my visa and said to keep the ball sorry for the trouble.

So there are good stories as well.

Regards
James

The only place I have used is Bowlers Discount Sales. Over the last 18 months I have purchased, for others as well, 4 bags, 5 balls, Dexter soles, and a towel.
I have had nothing but prompt and excellent service from them, so much so I have received gift wrapping vouchers and hand conditioner bags for free.
The first time I used them was for a 3 ball roller when I had all my bowling gear pinched from my garage. I ordered it express, and yes cost me as much as the bag to do it, and it arrived in 6 days.
Usually with surface freight 6-10 weeks. The prices, with surface freight, beat any price I have seen in local pro shops here.
So check them out, no harm in looking.

hey big GB .. good to see you are still alive .. what's the address for their website ???

one site that i have been to is buddiesproshop.com
they post lots of reviews on ballreviews.com. they seem to know what they are talkiing about,and test alot of balls themselves.
this is also a great site to see what other people think of any ball u are thinking of getting

i dont know is buddiesproshop ships to australia, but if you had a look at their site, im sure you could find out

Well, I am the webmaster for BuddiesProShop.com and yes we do ship to Australia, but the cost for shipping is Crazy. This is not something that we can control, United Parcel Service is the reason. If anyone is interested in shopping with us, you can use our online shopping cart and it will figure out the shipping price for you.

Thanks
Bill

I'm posting this again so everyone gets the message!! Not Happy!!

Hi everyone, this post it let everyone know of a misleading internet company I dealt with. There name was BowlersChoice.
Many emails were sent 2 and from BowlersChoice and the actual Linds Company on the purchase of a 3 shoe set Semi Custom Linds. Basically during these emails, I was advised by BowlersChoice that their quote included a special bag that held 3 shoes (kind of like another bowling bag worth about AUD$80). The reason I knew about this bag was because Linds themselves told me it was included in their price for the semi customs. I even asked BowlersChoice again their quote was cheaper than Linds themselves and did it definately include the shoe bag. The said yes so I went ahead with the order.

I received the shoes but no bag. Now they are denying ever to have any knowledge of a 3 shoe bag. They say all you get is the separate individual shoe bags. Linds have now advised me I can purchase this bag through them direct and pay again for shipping charges! Not happy!!

This is notice to all Australian bowlers to beware of this company.

Regards
Scott Sadler

Hi everyone,

I can see that some of you got some bad experience with pro shops from overseas and some did not. Well, as for me, I am interested in buying quite a few Bowling Equipment from the USA namely Balls, Bag, Shoes etc... for myself. However, I am a bit anxious about the Customs of Australia which is very strict. I would therefore be grateful to the one who can help me by giving me complete details etc... about how the Australian Customs deal with Bowling Equipment.

Thanking you beforehand,

Jason Chan
[AnSon4ever]

I am also the webmaster for BuddiesProShop.com and we are willing to ship anywhere in the world if you are willing to pay the shipping. The shipping prices are through the roof, and they keep finding more reasons to raise them. I would suggest that you use the shopping cart feature on the website, and it will calculate the shipping price, but the software is beginning updated and the prices could be a little off.

Back
Top Bottom