GREATEST australian bowler

D

Dark Assailant

i was just wondering what is your opinion on the greatest australian bowlers AUS was produced in my opinion it is BELMO because he is really consistant in tournaments and is always up there in world tourny's especially in the recent world cup where he dominated the qualifying for the whole tourny and sadly was knocked out hopefully he will get back to that tourny this year but it will be hard yakka for the next SPC. 8)

I think Chris Batson, closly followed by Ian Bradford, they really dominated in thier day. Belmo may prove to be the best, but it is early days for him at this stage, he has'nt shown the longevity needed to be classified as the best.
As for the women, Ruth Guerster, Jeanette Baker and Cara Honeychurch all stand out from the crowd.
JMHO.
willey.

Australia has been blessed with some awesome talent that has performed well on the world stage. The Australian Girls teams of the early to mid ninetys were pretty awesome. Cara Honeychurch, Sharon McLeish (now Rigney), Ann Maree Putney, Sue Cassell, Carol Gianotti, Amanda Bradley, and Cheryl Munson as coach. Now how many gold medals would they have between them? I know heaps. I believe that a true mark is a champion is someone that doesn't tell you that they are a champion. Humility is what makes a champion great. These ladies sure as hell did that.

Australia has been blessed with some awesome talent that has performed well on the world stage. The Australian Girls teams of the early to mid ninetys were pretty awesome. Cara Honeychurch, Sharon McLeish (now Rigney), Ann Maree Putney, Sue Cassell, Carol Gianotti, Amanda Bradley, and Cheryl Munson as coach. Now how many gold medals would they have between them? I know heaps. I believe that a true mark is a champion is someone that doesn't tell you that they are a champion. Humility is what makes a champion great. These ladies sure as hell did that.
I agree with the list of names that Rig has put up. These ladies are fabulous bowlers on the world circuit and its awesome to watch them bowl.

Murderdoll said:
And Carol Gianotti.

Belmo has a long way to go, but currently I think he is Australias best.

Thank you Budha!! Damn straight!!

You want to talk about longevity?? Carol has been a pro for almost 20 years!! I (among others here in Perth) have had the privilage to watch this girl bowl almost every week for the last couple of months, still one of the most technically correct bowlers ever!!

my top 7 of all time

jason belmonte
ian bradford
terry wenban
andrew frawley
carl bottomley
chris batson
tom kury

so hard to leave out trotter, lovell, mackie, velo

jeanette baker
carol gianotti
cara honeychurch
maxine nable
ann maree putney
amanda bradley
ruth guerster

women much easier to pick than the men

i dont no many of the names that others have listed, but from what ive seen i will say carl bottomley, cara honeychurch,carol gianotti,maxine nable,belmo.

i think pauli trotts would have to be up there . i know the man well and apart from being a great bloke he has bowled the best series ever as an aussie to my knowledge . you will always have my vote pauli :lol: :lol:

Where is he??

What about poor old George.....isn't he our top rated bowler at the moment..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

the top ten in my opinion would have to be

jason belmonte
carl bottomly
andrew frawley
goerge frillingos
michael little
jarrod lean
paul trotter
steve lovell
glen loader
brando

not in that order of course

There are not many bowlers that have done it all on the world stage. Here are my greatest australian male & female bowlers of all time.

FEMALE

Cara Honeychurch
Ann Maree Putney
Carol Gianotti
Amanda Bradley
Maxine Nable
Sue Cassell
Jeannette Baker
Ruth Guerster

MALE

Jason Belmonte
Andrew Frawley
Chris Batson
Fred Allsopp
Ian Bradford
Frank Ryan
Carl Bottomley
Mike Muir
Michael Little

All the above players that I have mentioned have represented Australia on several ocassions and won medals at FIQ, that's special. What I find that makes these players great is they have dominated the international stage winning world cups, making it to world cups, winning SPC's, winning world masters, commonwealth games medals. These are major achievements that we would all like to achieve in our bowling careers.

Before anyone beats me to it. I know there are more bowlers out there that have won south pacifics and been to a world cup and represented the country. These players stand out for there dominance at overseas events.

Of course, how could I leave out Carol Gionotti from my list, by far the best woman bowler this country has produced, she also made the Bowlers Journal list of the top 100 bowlers of all time in the USA.
willey.

CIO said:
Murderdoll said:
And Carol Gianotti.

Belmo has a long way to go, but currently I think he is Australias best.

Thank you Budha!! Damn straight!!

You want to talk about longevity?? Carol has been a pro for almost 20 years!! I (among others here in Perth) have had the privilage to watch this girl bowl almost every week for the last couple of months, still one of the most technically correct bowlers ever!!

Well, when some one like Carol subs in a league that you bowl in, and whoops your ass a few times, you tend to not forget

Cara Honeychurch has to be up there because not only has she dominated on the US Pro circuit and her other achievements as thick as the bible, but she is now else helping other bowlers to go where she has gone!!! Carol is also an awesome powerhouse and shouldn't be left off the list!!

Dion

does anyone konw if any aussie has evr rolled a 3 game series higher than trotters 896 in latvia :?: :?: :?:

Back
Top Bottom