~GENERAL COMMENTS - - RE: JNR NATIONALS~

L

lilone

HEY ALL...

The Nationals have only been over for 2 days, and already it seems lonely and I know for sure I am definately missing my interstate friends!
Unfortunately, we have the usual complaints approaching, and perhaps if put forward as suggestions rather, the feedback could be in fact put to use.
This is how I saw my 2001 NATIONALS:

SQUADS - The condition was definately tough! Along with hundreds of other bowlers, who also had their say, I had mine, and I felt that if something with a bit more consistency and oil had of been present, the atmosphere, especially for the more competitive bowlers may have been more pleasant.

SHIELD - As per every other year I have been involved, the adrenalin of day one was pumping and the bowlers were extremely anxious to start their awaited competition. Most of the competition was fairly close and due to a handful of shield teams based upon young and unexperienced bowlers, their competition was just that tad bit behind the others.

SHIELD BALL - Whatta Night! The music and meals may have been slow to go, but when I hear the complaints of the by-standers and non-competitors...I ignore them. I put this question forward - once the celebrations had commenced, how many of the bowlers did you see sitting, with heads bowed, pining over the negatives, instead of making the most of THEIR night? NONE! Sure there were minor remarks made of how last years dinner may have been more superior, but the night still went on, and by 12:00 nobody wanted to leave that dance floor! Congratulations also to Leisa Lumsden and Robbie Townsend on achieving the Chairperson's and Director's award, yet to be mentioned!

MASTERS - What a spectacle! Of what I heard, Wade Jones, buddy you have alot to live up to now! All I heard was EJ telling me how much of a legend you were that day we weren't at the bowl. I am not sure what average you finished on, but for shooting back 2 back 279 & 280 etc etc etc YOU ARE A CHAMPION. Well done on 3rd (or 4th???) placing in the masters! Not only was their wade, but glen loader (who was pulled from shield's last day line-up due to illness) also performed immaculately! Congrats to Kara, Sally and Cathryne also, that proved themselves to be 3 of the most competitive bowlers out of Australia's Junior Open Females to date.
COMMITTEE - A H-U-G-E CONGRATULATIONS to the committee! Following up with a previous comment - the bowlers had a great time! Without making this sound in anyway rude or abrupt, the complaints are made by the parents or by-standers of the bowlers, not by the bowlers themselves. If there is any one bowler who disagrees with this comment, please speak up, as TBA are now facing their hardest moment after any major tournament. When we (the bowlers) are out competing on the lanes, we are focused on our game and/or purely our enjoyment with fellow bowlers, we are not in it for the politics and if anything, this is why numbers tend to decrease in this sport more than all the others. No tournament can ever be run perfectly smooth, with no bumps, but we learn from this and the next event is even bigger and better. 3 CHEERS!

In concluding, farewell to the 18s we've lost, but will hopefully continue to see competing, and I look forward to further comments and to meeting up with all of you at tournaments in the future.

Kimi
icon_smile.gif

Hey Kimi,

I agree with what u have said in your post but i just can't believe how many of us were sick! I couldn't believe it and well i'm actually glad to be home and not up there in hospital! That kinda wrecked my nationals being sick was just so draining. I hope next years Nationals are better with everyone well and hopefully some oil on the lanes would be sweet. I found a shot out there but it was a really hard condition and the lower scores from previous years showed that.

Most of all i would like to say THANX to everyone involved and that helped make it all happen once again and to all the bowlers! I can't believe it's my last year next year
icon_sad.gif
but i'm sure it will be GREAT just like every other year.

Congratulations to everyone on their efforts and i hope to see all the oldies again soon when i'm out too.

Love Mini Me xxxx

Leisa and Kimi,

I agree with what both of you have said.

LANE CONDITIONS - VERY tough. But there was a shot out there, however that shot was very hard to keep. I was disappointed with this as I wanted to bowl extremely well this nats as it was my last. But o well I tried my hardest and I still had fun so that is all that counts.

SHIELD!! - Well what a fanastic experience that was. I am just sad that I will never get to expereince it again, but I am also grateful that I got to experience it at all. All the competitors were great and the competition was tough. Even for the younger not so strong teams, they got out there gave it their best and had a great time and thats all they could do. Once again congrats SQ on a fine win.

SHIELD DINNER - Great nite, I paid for it the next day but I still had fun. Yeah there might have been some disasters with setting arrangements but as Kimi said after dinner who sits down anyway. I cant say much for the food but its all good. I am sure everyone still had a great nite and everyone looked stunning as well.

MASTERS - Well after my first few singles I thought I would never get one the board. But fortunately I did and I had a great time bowling as well. COngrats to Matt O'Brien on a great 300. Watched it from about the 6th or 7th frame and it was as top game to watch. The sportsmanship was great throughout the whole masters competition. Congratulations to place getters and also to every competitor. Just one question I would like to ask though. What happened to getting something to say that you made the cut for the Australian Junior Open Masters?? I was actually a bit dissappointed with this as it is my last year as a junior and I got nothing to say that I qualified. Is there a reason for this??

I also send out my best wishes to those of you who are sick. I hope you all recover soon, I know I am hoping too.

Finally congratulations to all the committee on a job well done and goodbye to all you juniors for 2002 good luck for your bowling careers.

Kel
icon_smile.gif

Hey people,

Well personally I thought the nationals were pretty good.

Squads:- Lane condition was pretty tough but I found if I did find a line and stuck with it, it normally lasted a while. I did however think the atmosphere was pretty low considering it was a nationals.

Shield:- Well what can I say, it was sweet as, not just the winning
icon_smile.gif
but all the bowling and fun I had on the lanes.

Dinner Dance:- I have heard people bagging it because there wasnt enough seating, but really most of the bowlers sit down just for the presentations, cause when our table got its food, people were standing up and walking around taking photos and all, so I thought it was pretty good, despite the bit of troubles they might of had, but really I dont think a night of that size could go fully right, with out a minor hitch somewhere along the line. So all in all i liked it.

Masters:- Well I didnt see much of the masters as i went to hospital, but i did get a ride in an ambulance, but I did see the 300 bowled pretty sweet and congrats go out to Matt job well done. And congrats to the winners Kara and Patrick. And a big congrats to Cathryne Crookes, well what can i say, u little champion. And congrats to the people who did do really well in the masters.

And sorry Nathan for not finishing the game with you, thanks for the games too.

So all in all I thought it was a pretty awesome nationals.

Andy

Hey Andy, it's great to see you back on your feet again. It's amazing the lengths that some people will go to in order to add a bit of drama to the Junior Nationals
icon_biggrin.gif
and to get a ride in an ambulance, of course
icon_wink.gif
. I hope you're back on the lanes again soon, ripping it up those rebellious pins.

talking of ripping up rebellious pins, hows ZACH WATERS of north queensland

saturday night of the masters, i saw some of the most impressive strikes i have ever seen.

i felt sorry for those pins, NEARLY

pity his back gave him problems on sunday, hope ya feeling better zach

Thanks Hedley,

Yeah I should be back on the lanes in a fortnight or so, I might be bowling next week but I do doubt it.

But I cant wait to get back to it.

Hey Andy

Its great to know that you are feeling better mate. Hope you had a great birthday. But just take care of yourself matey. I am sure the pins can wait for ya.
icon_wink.gif

Kel

ok here i go :

Nationals: very tough condition but yes there was a shot out there even if you had to change your release or ball speed .

Sheild : condition tough not the same atmosphere as there has been in the last few years and hope that it picks up again next year .

Masters : Congratulations to Pat bowled well to win but it still goes to show that that format doesnt het the best bowler winning it and i wonder why australia has to be different from the rest of the world with this format . For me it was dissapointing cause i shot the house down and didnt even go close .

Oh and i cant forget the dinner the music was a bit old but then it started to pick up and then it was over the tickets theres not much left to be said about that . So overall i would have to say that it wasnt one of my most memorible sheilds and it was a shame as it was my last year .

scott andrews
icon_sad.gif

Hey People,

This year was my 7th and final year in president shield and I'm sorry to say that these nationals did not rate near the top of my list, although this year probably produced my best results for a nationals which made it a better.

Early in the week the lanes were extremely tough and if it wasnt for a man named Andrew Frawley the lanes would have stayed the same if not got worse. He was the man who got up early one morning to clean the oiling machine allowing it to put down a reasonable condition. Well look it was more than reasonable because look at some of the averages bowled in the masters.
Shield i thought was a highlight this year, everyone seemed to have fun, everyone got along and there was some great rivalry between the teams which is always enjoyable.
The dinner was certainly a bit of a flop. the organisers over sold about 50 tickets leaving people standing, we waited for over 2 hours before the air con was turned on, we waited longer for meals to be served and the DJ forgot that he was playing to a mostly under 18's crowd. the highlight on the night for me was of course winning the Sportsperson award, thanks to all who voted for me, you are ledgends.
Although i dont like the format and agree with scotti, the masters was awsome. the cut this year wasnt very high but the standard of scoring in both the guys and girls was huge, and i congragulate all competitors on a fine spectacle of junior bowling, i say to the adults, WATCH OUT. extra congrats goto Patrick and Kara for becoming Australian champions.
Finally, to all the people who got sick, hope you all get better very soon, that includes myself

ROBBIE.T.
icon_wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom