Future Star's - NSW

Pretty sure Frawley is USBC certified. Not that that really matters. His international coaching record speaks for itself.

But they are not accredited to coach in Australia

Sorry Nev, but unfortunately no one cares... The random guy showing a kid how to bowl probably isn't a TBA Accredited Coach either. This is a great initiative and will work great.

You need more exciting things in your life if this is what you choose to try and shoot down... Sorry.

The problem with this sport is not that no one cares, it's people on here always won't to throw something negative to a situation, like this one, you have someone coming back to the country from a stint in coaching international teams, and from memory held a level 2 tba accredited coach, who has been involved in selecting australian teams, so I don't think it will be to hard to update his accreditation if needed to at all,

Nev are you kidding yourself!
I'd love for you to take up Glenn's offer to attend one of the camps.
Have a chat with Paul and Andrew, I bet the knowledge they have to offer on bowling and the CURRENT and most updated info would blow your mind!!
They are both very knowledgeable guys and if I had a child I wanted to go places in this sport I would be thrilled to have their help offered!
Lets stop the junk and bring it back to the kids and let them have the best start into the sport that they can!!

Yep there the problem with the Sport NO ONE CARES

Taken out of context to suit your own argument... If these guys didn't care about deveoping these future stars then this initiative wouldn't have gotten off the ground. But as a result of it's success it has now flowed on to other states as well. The coaches and mentors that are promoting this obviously care about the future of our sport. Is it so hard for you to see the benefit in this and embrace it instead of putting it down...

Nev are you kidding yourself!

No really there are protocols and procedures come into play here

I'd love for you to take up Glenn's offer to attend one of the camps.
Absolutely so would I
Andrews instructional Videos are some of the best I've see

But they are still not accredited to coach in Australia

If these guys didn't care about developing these future stars then this initiative wouldn't have gotten off the ground. ...

Then why haven't they become accredited to Coach in Australia

I pose the question

If one attends the Future Stars camp and does not become a star can one Sue

Welcome to 2000s

Being accredited with tba allows u to coach for the tba, it is not a licence to coach.. Don't get accreditation confused with law..
It's pretty simple,
Accreditation=able to coach for tba

NOT <--- (seriously, not)

Accreditation=able to coach in Australia

Nowhere in Glenn's op was tba mentioned..

Insurance isn't an issue unless the 'future stars' aren't tba members, if they are they are covered by members insurance

Being accredited with tba allows u to coach for the tba, it is not a licence to coach.. Don't get accreditation confused with law..
It's pretty simple,
Accreditation=able to coach for tba

NOT <--- (seriously, not)

Accreditation=able to coach in Australia

Nowhere in Glenn's op was tba mentioned..

Insurance isn't an issue unless the 'future stars' aren't tba members, if they are they are covered by members insurance

Sorry accreditation = Australian Sports commission (we are In Australia aren't we)??

Insurance = TBA , Australian Sports commission

Working with Children's Check (card) = Government Legislation

I'm pretty sure u missed my point mate, u said ppl need to be a tba accredited coach, to coach in Australia.. Which is completely untrue..

Also, insurance is not supplied by tba directly, and the sports commission have nothing to do with it

As a bowler/manager/coach I love what the future stars is about...great initiative by experienced people in the industry
As a parent I'd have my kids there in a heartbeat to be mentored (and coached) by some of our countries best.
There really arent any negatives.

I think you will find Frawls was a Tba registered coach but then he moved to Kuwait and it obviously expired.
There is over 250 people who are registered as a coach in australia but how many of them would have the knowledge level like frawls and Paul? I would say maybe one or two out of the 250.

I have been to many international competitions where frawls and paul have been coaching the Kuwait team and even though they are coaching another country, Frawls has always offered kind words and support to the Australian bowlers. I remember back at Asian Schools when the girls team won team gold, frawls was over the moon for us and extremely proud and the support he gave me before I bowled the stepladder at the asian schools masters, i have never been so thankful.

I would love for frawls to come back to Australia and be one of our national coaches, imagine a team going away with Chris Batson and Andrew Frawley as our coaches, we would be unstoppable!

I would jumping at this offer to learn from one of the best coaches on this planet! I wish this was offered when I wad a junior!

Show me where it is stated that attending one of these camps guarantees becoming a 'Star'.

Hint:- read the name of the camp

I'm pretty sure u missed my point mate, u said ppl need to be a tba accredited coach, to coach in Australia.. Which is completely untrue..

BINGO there's the problem with the sport and why its hard to keep beginner bowlers in the sport RIGHT THERE anyone can coach whether they know what they are doing or not
Theres a lot more to coaching than teaching people to roll balls down a lane

Also, insurance is not supplied by tba directly,

Try to get coaches Insurance without an accreditation

I would jumping at this offer to learn from one of the best coaches on this planet! I wish this was offered when I wad a junior!

Absolutely so would I

I am not a moderator on here...yet...but this is still...and i say still off topic!

Can move it here if you like same argument

I give up nev, apologies to Glenn for hi-jacking this post..

One last thing.. Bowling will be a sport when it acts like a sport

Back
Top Bottom