Future Star's - NSW

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels
Future Star's has been running very successfully in Victoria for the last 6 months, and it's now being introduced in NSW....What is Future Star's you ask? Below is an outline of our program..

Vision: A local based reputed bowling program that develops elite bowlers with the desire to achieve excellence in tenpin bowling, character development and learning.

Mission: The Future Star's program is committed to the mission of creating a legendary bowling team, one that strives for excellence in every game we play, giving all that is needed to finish the game well with integrity, passion and pride. As a united team, we trust our teammates and staff to bring us to the peak of our potential.

Objectives: 1. Create an environment that emphasizes mutual respect for each other, team work, and a positive competitive spirit among all individual bowlers in the program.
2. Build a strong leadership program in our program that reflects our team unity and develops strong character values.
3. Set a standard of professionalism and quality training for all bowlers in the program to follow in that instils in our athletes a strong work ethic, perseverance, and a desire to succeed.

Coaches & Mentors: Head Coach: Andrew Frawley & Paul Delaney
Mentors: Glen Loader & Stephen Cowland

Venue: Shellharbour Bowl
Cost: $25 per monthly camp
Set-up & Benefits: To hand pick 15 candidates between the age of 12-23 that we feel have a great chance to succeed in our sport with the right coaching, guidance and mentoring. Each candidate that is selected will be given a "Future Star's" shirt to wear to every camp, and to wear when they are competing as well. When choosing these candidates we should be looking at kids that like to bowl - Junior/Youth Nationals, Presidents Shield, East Coast, Junior/Youth ranked events, as these are the kids that already have the competitive spirit, with our help these students could become the next stars of our sport. Perhaps a good start would be those bowlers that missed the representative teams last year. Each mentor will text their students before and after an event to see how they went, ask what they thought they did well at, and not so good at, as this will lead into the next camp for the mentor to address and work on with his/her student, in alliance with their coaches instructions.
It's a great way to educate these kids all about our brands, the difference between all the equipment, how to maintain their equipment, re-surfacing their equipment, layouts, playing different parts of the lane, different patterns, mental game, sparing. Each student will have a range of tasks to complete at each camp, any task the mentor feels that the student needs to work on will become their homework to work on till the next camp.

If you would like to be a part of this successful program, and further your knowledge of the game and be more competitive, drop me an email, and I'll send you the application forms to fill out.

Glenn Rowland
Head of Future Star's
[email protected]

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I do believe frawls is a usbc silver coach.. This, coupled with the experience gained bowling in just about everything, does, IMO far surpass the knowledge required to be involved In this initiative.

Great work Glenn, keep it up.. If I was young enough I'd be straight onto this

Come on kids, sign up now

Schmiko ur kind of wrong frawley also coached many countries through his years thats y he hasnt been in the country for a while lol. Plus Paul delaney is a one of the top ball drillers from Europe. Nev that's y glen and steph are put under the category of mentor not coach so qubica hav covered all their bases

Oh I see :) my bad, thanks for clarifying that

I will re-phrase to: his experience gained bowling and coaching in various countries and events

I'm sorry Nev but ifi had to choose between you or Andrew Frawley as a coach I would have to go with Frawls... Glenn, this is a great initiative and with the coaches and mentors you have will see it succeed...

I'm sorry Nev but ifi had to choose between you or Andrew Frawley as a coach I would have to go with Frawls... Glenn, this is a great initiative and with the coaches and mentors you have will see it succeed...

Absolutely I would too
Assuming relevant insurance is in Place Oh yeah have to be accredited to obtain correct insurance
Lets hope no one gets hurt or hurts anyone

And assuming all have there working with Children's certificates up to date

Assuming current and not out dated teaching methods are taught
Oh yeah only accredited coaches or those that have done recent courses have that information

And on it goes

Well done guys for putting this together. It is incentives like this that really will help bowling in the long run.

Shellharbour bowl is star-studded for a 12 lane center.

As for all of the other requirements that the government requires, "common sense, decency and respect for others" should be all that is needed. We replace "common sense" with too many EEO and EIEI-O's than is really need.

Good luck guys, I really hope this flies.

Why not set something like this up yourself then Nev? If you're that worried about all the legalities, seeing as you're fully accredited, why haven't you started your own program yet?

Keeping topic is more important guys!
Frawls and Delaney...combine there experience and it would be impossible to top imo!
Great program and really looking forward to assist in implementing it here in QLD :)

Nev,

This is why our sport is going down the toilet, everyone including yourself have an opinion, where myself, our staffers, and selected accredited TBA coaches who are supporting me, our doing something about it. There are plenty of Junior & Youth bowlers out there with talent, we want to educate these kids with the wealth of knowledge we all have to make them complete bowlers, Australian Champions of the future, and future coaches....
How many of your students know what their PAP's are, or how to layout a ball, for specific conditions? Cause all the students of our Future Stars program in Victoria do, I personally invite you to any of our camps, perhaps then you might see the light and support what we are trying to do, instead of questioning it.

NEV

What we have here is qubica amf putting in time and effort to set up a program for jounior/youth kids to improve there own skills. Aiming to also hopefuly bring in more people ( startng at grass roots) into our sport which over the years has been on the decline.

I wonder if you know the achievements that were achieved while Andrew Frawley and Paul Delany were head coaches in Kuwait?
Not to mention the list of achievements that both of them have notched up over years in their own very succesful bowling careers.

Here are some of the results they achieved whilst working in Kuwait:
GOLD world youth
GOLD Asian Champs
GOLD Asian Schools
43 medals in first stint Under Frawley & Delany
60+ Medals in second stint Under Frawley & Delany
Reigning GCC & Arab youth Champions past 6 years
GCC adult Champions 2/4 years.

The list goes on, All from a country that hasn't previously been renowned for their bowling achievements, and look at the DEVELOPMENT!!
Isn't that the most important thing here NEV? Developing these kids into the best that they can be and giving our country a place on the map of world wide bowling?

We all love the game and want it to be the best that it can and to give the kids coming through the best chance, lets not let political junk get in the way of giving the kids the best start into the wonderful sport of bowling!!!

Wouldn't it be best for the kids to learn from people who have been there and achieved results, rather than someone who can read the best coaching books?

Back
Top Bottom