hi all found some stats on the pba site from the bowlers encylopedia:
most consecutive 600 series in league- 129 by jim hosier 1998
the only guy to bowl 300game and 800series left and right handed-matt buxton
there are 16 290 games having the first 11 strikes and then a gutter ball
most consecutive leaves
7-10 spilt 6 in a row !!!!!!!
8-10 spilt 5 in a row !!!!!!!
5-7-10 5 in a row !!!!!

just a few to start things going anyone else got some stats worth a laugh??

it just goes to show that other bowlers from around the world can choke in their last game to lose a tournament !!

the portsmouth open U.K, june this year....
paul carter trails phil scammell by 42 pins with one game of matchplay remaining....
scammell proceeds to bowl an unbelievable 109...yes 109...to lose the tournament by 101 pins, behind carter.
so guys my 149's are looking pretty good when i choke....
icon_wink.gif

From memory, Bryan Alpert was the first bowler to shoot 800's with either hand - there was a BJ article a few years back about it. I thought he had 300's from both sides too.
One weird stat - Nobody has ever shot a 292 game.

Not really a stat but some Trivia for you bowling nuts out there. Does anyone know how much in degrees a pin must tilt before it falls over. There is an exact answer for this, my only hint is it is below 15 degrees.

i wouldnt have a clue on your question george, but heres another one for ya's
during qualifying of the hervey bay qld cup 3 years ago a bowler had the ten pin remaining after his first shot, then went for the spare and hit the pin,
the pin still stood, but on a 45 degree angle but didnt fall????????

how did this happen??????

First of all the exact answer is 8.5 degrees. Second of all Trev, I have no idea, perhaps the pin was leaning against the side wall? unassisted.....

your right george
the pin was leaning against the side wall and was deemed a spare.
icon_smile.gif

I think it was Rob that asked the question about the 292 that had never been done?? Coincidentally, I have seen a 293 and know the name of a guy who bowled a 291. Both bowlers made an adjustment going for the 12th strike. It was 1 board to the left, and both times the ball went wider, broke harder and went far left
icon_smile.gif

Anyone else ever seen a 283?(Steve Kiss '92 Mt Gambier cup Front 10, 2-4-5-7-8 took 3 from the spare) or a 284?(Karena Tsouris, Front 10, 7 out)

adrian

havent seen a 283, but i have bowled a 284 myself recently at maryborough.......
first 10 then a 6 and picked up only 2 of the remaining 4 pins.......i wasnt happy
icon_mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom