Aussie bowling dictionary

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
I've just been looking at the 'Midwest PBA dictionary' post on the PBA site and thought it was time we had a dictionary of our own.

here's a start(lots of these are Mt Gambier terms, hopefully Dave C will help explain some of them)

Push it!- thankfully obsolete term from the 80's used a lot in SA

Boomer!- see above but substitute 'Mt Gambier' for 'SA'

Social Bowler- rather unflattering term used to describe some other Mt Gambier bowlers in my younger bad tempered days(2 years ago!)

Mork-(also Mog) more Mt Gambier name calling(not me this time)

"Enough revs to leave it and enough left to carry it"-my usual explanation for a scout getting out the solid 8 or 9.

P**fa rap- anything from the 2-4-5-8 down(also sailor boy, sometimes involves running away and covering up your backside)

Money Ball- 3rd strike in a turkey(giving you a well earned nooky)

Big Money- said when some certain young ladies that used to bowl in the Monday night leauge threw 3 strikes in a row

Huge Backend- said when describing state of lanes, usually whilst staring at above mentioned young ladies backsides.

Octopus Ball- 8 strikes or more to finish a game allowing you to become an 'octopus man'

Octopus Man- state achieved from drinking about 10 schooners and 10 beams which results in the growth of several extra arms.

more to come....
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom