Final Day of 2013 Bathurst Real Estate Pitstop

Thank you to everyone who continues to support this event, thank you to Bathurst Real Estate for the sponsorship without their support we are unable to guarantee the first 3 places and paid half the field.
Congratlations to Shaun on his win, we'll done to Andrew on runner-up and Robbie on his 3rd place.

Huge thanks to all those who assisted in some way with the tournament.
We look forward to see you all again next year.

Firstly, congratulations to my old mate Shaun. You had the best look in the field and you did the honourable thing; You threw it great and got all over it. (That new ball looked pretty good too!) The Frawls never gave up, despite having what could best be described as an intriguing ball reaction. I liked the later blocks where he was throwing the ball off his ring and pinky fingers from inside 20 board, circling outside 10 and back. Like Chris Thomas said "Friction... So much friction." (Please post that image CT!) And Rob Alston gave a clinic in smoothing out wet-dry ball reaction with ball surface. Looking from the carpet, I think we was throwing a well rounded stone of some sort. (Photons went into it and some even got reflected back.)

Oiling machine issues aside, as always, the folks at Tenpin Bathurst deliver a well run event every year and more importantly, we have a really good time every year. This neck of the woods serves up my two favourite events of the year (Bathurst and Orange) and I heartily encourage people to give them both a go.

I'll get back to washing linen. (Houseguests, so many houseguests..!) :p

As requested (if it works)

Washing the lanes shouldn't have much of any effect of lane maintenence is good to begin with. Once the surface is clean it can't get more clean! With transfer machines the lanes tend to play more wet/dry as the pattern beds in on the machine. However the machine used on the weekend doesn't use that technology.
Get the lanes to play right is a science mostly with a dash of lucky weather conditions and the coming together of another handful of factors. I didn't think it played too bad, tho the differences from lane to lane were excessive. Burn out in the front was an issue and has been previously so wasn't unexpected.
All in all its a great event and there isn't much point talking anymore about the lane pattern as we aren't the ones in control of it.
Congrats to Shaun, you bowled awesome and my little meme is showing my jealousy at your ability to dominate the high friction encountered.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378723840747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378723840747.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 24
As requested (if it works)

Washing the lanes shouldn't have much of any effect of lane maintenence is good to begin with. Once the surface is clean it can't get more clean! With transfer machines the lanes tend to play more wet/dry as the pattern beds in on the machine. However the machine used on the weekend doesn't use that technology.
Get the lanes to play right is a science mostly with a dash of lucky weather conditions and the coming together of another handful of factors. I didn't think it played too bad, tho the differences from lane to lane were excessive. Burn out in the front was an issue and has been previously so wasn't unexpected.
All in all its a great event and there isn't much point talking anymore about the lane pattern as we aren't the ones in control of it.
Congrats to Shaun, you bowled awesome and my little meme is showing my jealousy at your ability to dominate the high friction encountered.

It uses a series of injectors that spray oil directly to the lane. The oil is then smoothed out by a buff brush that oscillates about an inch from left to right whilst rotating. The result is usually a very smooth blend of the lane pattern and a highly playable lane condition.

Congratulations to Shaun the win, and also it was great to see Frawls back bowling here again. Thanks to everyone who helped make this such a great event. Sponsors, tournament staff, and all the players who showed up - most of whom also enjoyed a dinner at the pub afterwards which was great to see. I didn't play great but that is my fault and indicative of the work I put in over the weeks leading up, or more importantly the lack thereof. No matter how I played I will always try to get back to this event, maybe next year I will do a little more work beforehand. This is an event that should be supported by the bowlers, especially when the top three spots are guaranteed!

think I might have to make the trip back next year for this. been a few years since I have been to Bathurst for this.

well done on a great event guys. got my first taste recently of being a TD with the gold coast cup and was a great weekend.

Jason Scott

Back
Top Bottom