EBAY ITEM - BOWLING MAGAZINE

I've got the 1980 FIQ Magazine program around the house here somewhere.
Had Tom Kury, Eric Thompson, Ron Powell and those guys in it.

If I had a digi-cam i'd post it on here for you, some good players representing thier Countries from memory.

Graham,

This is one of two bowling publications that was around in the 1960's. The ATBC - when it existed and was at Brookvale [and pre that at Chatswood] - owned a sizable collection of bowling history all catalogued and in public view [well largely in view - the size of the collection was impressive and this made it hard to exhibit in total in the space available at Brookvale]. Bob Partidge was very particular about ensuring the history of the sport was maintained - as were many other bowling officials at and before the middle of the 1990's.

It appears that since then however the emphasis on maintaining the history may have subsided somewhat, although I can't be sure what the status is now. I know some individuals have tried to do what they can - although frankly, I have no idea if the current administration of the sport still has the collection in part or in full at this date.

It might be worth asking - who do you ask by the way?

Steve Jones

bowling magazines

i have copies of strikeout from about 1987 until the last issues, bowling this month from 1995 when they started
BC magazines from the mid 1980's until publishing stopped, bowlers digest from the mid 1980's to late 1990's
bowlers journal mid 1980's to present
denny torgensens newsletters, mid 1990's

in perth may durrell has been saving collecting the history of bowling in australia (sort of unofficial historian) she has some amazing stuff

I just want to know wot happnd to the BOWLERS NETWORK magazine that came out during last year?? Anyone know wot happnd to it?

Later

i still remember the old Pin Action magazines that were out a while ago, at least i think thats what they were called because i still have 2 of them somewhere at the bottom of a box in the garage. haven't looked at them in ages.

and the winner is .... GEORGE !!

Best $30 you spent George .. now I can scan it and put it on here .. nice going mate !

Back
Top Bottom