Day 3 ( FINAL) Rachuig Results

Careful Robbie,
I was under the impression that once again the powers that be or the almighty who I'm sure are not treating you bowlers like children have put GAGGING RESTRAINTS", " WHICH THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO" on all of you if you where putting anything said that might rock the boat. I always thought that was freedom of speech whether it be positive or negative.

cheers once again

Tony

guys all i can say is congratulations to the bowlers that have made the team/s it was a bit hard for me to try-out from Bathurst but well done all the same. personally i think that it is up to the bowlers if they want to bowl or not and to pull out or not but every bowler who tried out for the team did it because they wanted to represent their state didnt they?. so does it realy matter who made the team or who didnt. these 7 guys earned the right to represent their state i think we should wish them all the best and not put them down.
thanks
jeremy hill

Clearly there are a lot of passionate bowlers within SA. Passion can be used as a very positive motivating factor or as terribly negative factor. We have been blessed in SA with some of the most successful bowlers in Australias history. It must be difficult for those bowlers to see SA bowling not performing as well as it has in the past at Rauchig level. However, don't forget how well our shield teams have done lately.

We are definitely in a transition phase here. Jo Babic has just come on board as State Manager and many of the shield and youth bowlers are just coming into Rauchig.

A transition phase leaves any organisation exposed, for if it is not done well, then the organisation inevitably struggles to perform or even survive.
At this point in time, it is absolutely essential that all the passion that exists in this state be used as positively as possible. To pull down Jo or drive away our great young bowlers will leave us down the bottom for many years to come.

Tony - I am going to use you as an example but only because you have the strength to stand up and make your comments and feelings open and public. You have so much skill, knowledge and experience. Our young bowlers know this and look up to you and the other legends of the past. How do you think they feel when you indirectly attack them for making the team?

To the other bowlers who want to knock what is going on (be it openly or privately) have the strength to bite back your negative feelings and get behind Jo and the young bowlers in the state.

I am worried that if we don't stop this now, then bowling in this state will not recover for a long long time.

Des Wragg

I will make it quite clear now that my comments are not personal in any way to any of the younger or even older bowlers.

It's the system I attack on!!!!

Getting answers on issues and getting infomation prior to events eg. like Rachuig before the day has been hard to obtain.

This hopefully will change now, with Jo at the helm.

I still disagree on other issues,but there not as important.

I am confident that there will be changes over the next 12 months, and lets hope and be POSITIVE it's for the better.

Remember it's not just the young we have to consider, there are still some Older ones still capable of results, shouldn't we be trying to accomadate them as well!!!

Cheers
Tony

Tony,
I know you didn't attack anyone personally, I was just pointing out some may feel when reading your post. I agree with you on making the system work for everyone, young or vintage.
My main point is that bowling is at a cross roads in this state right now. We need everyone to be as positive and supportive as possible.
I only used you as an example and knowing your passion for the sport, maybe it was the wrong example. If that is the case, please accept my apologies but remember the overall thrust of my post.
Lets support everyone involved to get SA back on top again. This means active support (getting out there and banging the drum) as well as passive support (don't sit by idly whilst people backstab and whiteant the system - if the whiteanters get no response, they won't have as much fun and may actually stop).
Des

Tony wrote in the "Rachuig" post:
Interesting scores for a moment there I thought I was reading the Deveer's results........God help us!

Thats the sort of negativity we can no longer afford. It was very tough out there and the scores and averages reflected that, but at least those people went out and did it, instead of finding reasons not to, which seems all too frequent a problem in this state. My reasons have been stated and it was with much regret that I could not nominate this year. Our mens team endured that sort of taunt all through the 2004 Rachuig event. I can understand that sort of thing from other states, but from within!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!

Des wrote:
Clearly there are a lot of passionate bowlers within SA. Passion can be used as a very positive motivating factor or as terribly negative factor. We have been blessed in SA with some of the most successful bowlers in Australias history. It must be difficult for those bowlers to see SA bowling not performing as well as it has in the past at Rauchig level. However, don't forget how well our shield teams have done lately.

We are definitely in a transition phase here. Jo Babic has just come on board as State Manager and many of the shield and youth bowlers are just coming into Rauchig.

A transition phase leaves any organisation exposed, for if it is not done well, then the organisation inevitably struggles to perform or even survive.
At this point in time, it is absolutely essential that all the passion that exists in this state be used as positively as possible. To pull down Jo or drive away our great young bowlers will leave us down the bottom for many years to come.

Very eloquent Des, just what I have been trying to say all this time. There has been too much negativity on here, especially in relation to "the better bowlers" not being there. Must give those who did put their hides on the line a good feeling. I suspect that in 10 years time, all this discussion will be consigned to a little corner of history as those who will make up the core of the team by then will be used to training regimes etc and will wonder how teams ever performed without them.

I hope that the new powers that be in this state can come up with a successful formula but, alas, I fear that they will not satisfy everyone. There are too many people in this state that are too set in their ways for that to happen.

I, for one, am jumping ship from the old ways and swimming like hell to try to catch the new ship that is heading in the other direction. My Rachuig career may be over, but I hope not. I feel I still have something to contribute to a sport that owes me nothing, but that I owe a lot to. Oh well, I guess that is up to the bowling gods.

This will be my last post on the subject. I wish the teams all the very best in their quest to resurrect our reputation in Rachuig. Last year started the trend. Lets see that trend continue.

CHIN said:
How are people around the country going to forget about the past when we have people in S.A. that cant get over it & have to bring it up every chance they get.

don't worry about those around the country forgetting, how can they with stuff being posted on this webiste at every chance YOU get :confused: Shame!

Brenton,
You make it sound so simple, and once again as I said in the other Rachuig post they can train 'til their hearts content, it may just not work on all people.
This is not football or any other sport. We dont go out there as a team all year round 3,4,5 times a week and train as a team. It is a bunch of individuals who bowl, win the right to be in a team, train a few sessions, then go away for a week and be a team in a event where basically your objective is to beat your opponent in a team environment. You don't live in each team members pockets every day 'til rachuig. What you have to remember is that everybody has their way of doing things to acheive what they want in bowling, even you have had your Andy Mc.!! to help you do things. The new kids on the block may need some-one, thats fine. If it is some-one like Andy, Graham Smith or Eric J. giving me advice ...fine, I would listen. To a "Kellogg's Coach" (I'll explain if anyone doesn't understand ) who can try and tell me how and what after 35 years of bowling..........
Not interested.!!!!
As far as you Brenton, being so "positive"..... PLEASE!!! You have a short memory. I can bring up when we bowled in Queensland together if you want with some of the many antics I have witnessed over the years, lying down on the back of the concourse in tears....don't talk to me about being POSTIVE!
I don't mean for this to sound like a personal attack on ANY bowler, especially those who put their heart and soul into the game and want to represent our great state. Again I repeat, I AM ONLY LOOKING FOR ANSWERS. WHY COULDN'T WE GET THE RACHUIG TEAM "REQUIREMENTS" UNTIL AFTER THE EVENT??? WHY ARE THE COMMITTEE SO BLACK AND WHITE WITH DECISION MAKING??? I am definitely NOT anti Rachuig just want to know what I'm getting into before I do. Most people reading my posts don't get what I am saying and aren't prepared to listen to another point of view.
A great deal of feedback is coming from people who can say about TBA(SA) "she is my friend, "he is my dad", "that's my best friend's father"......etc,etc...so don't seem to want to rock the boat. Well I don't mind rocking the boat, voicing my opinion. Committees are there to represent us (the bowlers) not dictate to us... when are we all going to get the opportunity to discuss the many concerns our bowlers have so we can resolve any issues.
Again, best of luck to the team and I hope they do us proud.
I must come up for air now. Gotta go.

Yes, a couple of bowlers are very lucky that a couple decided to withdraw and somebody missed check-in. Nothing to say those 3 bowlers would have made the team anyway. We will never know now.

The bowlers that did make the team from those positions took full advantage of the situation presented to them & full credit to them. The team has been decided so lets support them 100% espacially the new bowlers.

What really gets up my nose is the continual childish referrence by some people to "old school / new school". It's a pity that much passion cant be shown on the lanes. It appears that there is a big push to keep as many "old school" bowlers from trying out as possible. It's a pity everybody does'nt get behind the BEST BOWLERS this state has to offer and put either personal differences aside or put the past behind them

Some comments made at the briefing about things in the past just shows how little things have changed & how much change there still needs to be.

As it has been suggested that Team Members not post on this site you will probably see fewer responses from Team Members.

Hi,

In response to Tony's post about getting answer on team requiements, I would like to state that for the last 5 years I've have been suggesting that on the entry forms they put approximate costs that people will be up for less their fundraising. I mean you know what it cost the year before get those prices add 10% and you would be around the mark. If its less well bonus to the bowlers (extra spending money) and when it comes to a training schedule, they have the national and state calendars they should be able to give possible dates for training sessions and required events to bowl in. There you go all in a nut shell too easy. So why is it so hard to get it done before trials.

Congrat's to the Guys and Girls that made this years team! You bowled against the competitors on the day and you earnt your spot - That's all that needs to be looked at, not positions earnt or granted.

'Grats once again, and hope you do well interstate (or wherever it is!).

Benny 'The fro that sorta isn't there anymore' Shearer.

(This is a congratulation post written by Ben Shearer, for the beliefs and thoughts held only by Ben Shearer, and does not in any way mean to incrimidate, and/or defame people's views or opinions on those that did or did not make this years team.)

(I put that in there just because I know some people do love to dig into what people are writting! Heck, it's a 'congratulation post' after all! We should really be diggin and putting people down regardless of the situation!)

(I am just gonna put in one more inclosed bracket comments just because I think it's a really nifty idea, and I really enjoy trying to punch them little buggas on this keyboard! Really... who puts brackers at the furthest to reach place and then make it even harder when you have to hold shift to hit it!)

:p

Congratulations to all those who made the teams this year. You all bowled well on sometimes difficult conditions especially after the delayed start on Monday. You all earnt your spot in the team.

To those who are making comments about the Board - are you nominating for positions on the Board this year? That way you can take an active part in the decision making. Are you an active member of your Centre Association? Have you offered your experience to assist the new State Manager and new Secretary/Treasurer settle into their roles. Did you offer to help with the organisation of the Rolloffs? Are you offering help with the Junior State Championships coming up? SA TBA need help from active people who are willing to support our State.

For those who don't know Ronda was given no options but to resign and with Jan, Ronda and the tournament team having to be replaced at very short notice it was a great effort from those involved to even run the State Trials.
Congratulations and thank you to those who stepped up and offered help.

To Benny Boy the reason they put the {{}]!~` so far from the main keys is to put variety in your day and making you look away from the screen to find the !! icons that you want to put in your post. Reduced RSI, staring the the screen etc etc etc.

To the Rachuig teams members from SA - a hearty congratulations and good luck and high scoring in Tassie.

Lyn,
Great to see some-one has bothered to let us know what has happenned so far, it's so easy to say let's get in and help, providing you can get past the walls, some of us have spent many a time on committes over the past many years, as you know I was vice-president of the SATBA and centre executive for awhile and was tournament director for the Adult state titles, and one of the few who bothered to run for President while Walter was in.
It's good to see some-one is ask for help!
I see robert offered our ATBA tournament program for the rachuig trials only to be knocked back...............it is a professional program which offered alot of info including ave.!! etc.

P.S. Some of us have spent enough time on committee, and just want to bowl but are willing to offer any infomation that might be useful if ask.

And so it goes on.

cheers
Tony

Hi Lyn,

Just like to say I offered my assistance for the weekend and was told that it was all under control.

Also to be on the board you have to be an association representative. So there is only one person from each association that can be on the board maximum. But then not all association can be represented on the board as there are only 4 position available to association rep, unless they are an association rep and either a rep for Senior or proprietors.

So yes there are people who offered to help.

It would be good to see a lot of people go along to the AGM and voice their opinions and see what changes (all for the better) can be achieved to get this state back into calmer waters for the good of bowling.

Good to see the offers of help were made and we were able to have rolloffs. This is the best way to make SA the best State to bowl in. Keep up the positive vibes and things will progress.

Like Revs said, attend the AGM and calmly voice opinions and positive changes can be made but remember you can't satisfy all of the people all of the time. Sometimes compromises have to be made and I'm sure we can all comprise - I'm even prepared to have a go at moderating my Coke addiction to try to improve myself before the Nationals. It''s not easy but there again what is.

See you all at the AGM.

Sunday 23rd April at Norwood bowl from 11.00 am

Flyers should be in Centres this week with Notices of Motion forms

To Bob whoever you are( I think I have a fair idea). Where do you get off saying Bill and I are children for choosing not to bowl the last two days.

Instead of saying something positive, like we helped to make up an even number of teams or we contributed to the day in some way, you would rather call us children????????????

What I think was childish was someone taking a self righteous swipe at me for daring to ask if we could have a beer when the smokers were on their approved break. The fact that we were not even acknowledged as having bowled when the scores were read out and to top it off, those that made the decision, not having the balls, when confronted, to put their hands up to take responsibility.

Over the years have coached Juniors and Deveer, managed Deveer and Rachuig but it’s flippant comments like yours that have made me decide I want no further part of these.

Jeff Elliott

TO ONE AND ALL

Some have made a constructive and balanced opinion to this long winded saga, others have turned it into a bitch session.

Whether we personally agree or disagree with the system and the way it has been done, it is now time to get over it.

Jeff and Bill had every right to not bowl after Saturday, as did Tony and Alex (for differing reasons) in deciding not to roll-off at all, and Brenton unavailable with family commitments.

What we have to do now is hope that the decisions which have been made are good ones and get behind our bowlers in their efforts to succeed.

We may not be sending our strongest team over, we all acknowledge that fact, but the bowlers who are representing us are going to give their 100% effort and that is all we can ask.

I for one am disappointed this issue is pulling bowling in our great state apart.

Let's UNITE and give what support we can (we at BBA have done just that), and hope that given time the powers that be can come up with a solution which will keep all happy in future years.

Please put my apology in for the 23rd of April for the AGM, as I will be hosting with my wife for our son's (Declan and Luke's) 3rd and 1st birthdays for over 60 people.
I had every intention of going, however if they would like to reschedule for any other day I will be quite happy to attend.

If I duck out for the meeting , I won't be allowed back home....understandable!!

Thanking You.

Tony Stoppel

Back
Top Bottom