D.T.B.A. Open & Restricted Masters.

The annual Devonport Association Masters events were held at the Devonport Bowl during the weekend, 17th/18th.

As expected the lane conditions once again proved to be among the toughest in Australia.
The pained expressions on the bowlers faces made me glad that i was watching rather than competing.
But to their credit the bowlers knuckled down and gave their best.

The restricted event was held on Saturday evening.
Greg Aitchison took out the mens event by 12 pins from David Jarman. Both are Devonport bowlers.
The ladies event was as close as a tournament can get, with Una D i c k beating Rebecca Stott by one pin. Both ladies were also Devonport Residents.

The open event was conducted on Sunday.
The mens event was close throughout with Defending champion Matt Dickson finishing the strongest to win by 56 pins from local champion Ashley Riley. As in the restricted, both bowlers were from Devonport. Rachuig veteren Garry Crick of Launceston and local Rick Walker tied for third place.

The womens division was close throughout the event.
Only a few pins seperated former Queensland Rachuig bowler, Debbie Bowtell from Launceston Rachuig bowler Kassey Fechner.
In the end Debbie prevailed and followed her recent State Masters win with a Devonport Masters win. Kassey bowled exceptionally well to finish 13 pins behind and another Launceston bowler, Jackie Crick finishing strongly for third place.

A special mention to the D.T.B.A. for conducting the event. They are a well organised and friendly committee to deal with at all times.

Don't worry Kace, your time will come.

Once again, I would like to say congrats to Debbie for winning on the weekend. She bowled well and deserved to win.

At this rate, all the associations are going to get off very lightly when it comes round to State next year... they will be dividing the cost for her to bowl between them all :wink: lol...

Thanks Brett and also for your support and understanding on the weekend. It meant a lot. In the end I was just glad to give Deb a run for her money :wink:

Kace.

PS - Congrats to Matt for his win as well. Almost forgot!

Just a couple of quick questions.....

What were the averages? Or were they that bad, that they would embarress people?

and...

Is there any truth to the rumour that Devonport may NOT be sanctioned next year?

Congrats to all the winners.

I can give you the aves for the top 2 men and top 3 women Androo

Matt: 197
Ash: 190

Deb: 185 (I think that's right)
KC: 183
Jackie: 175

Not embarrassing at all for Devonport I wouldn't think :lol:

As to the rumour about Devonport... it's getting round. I think we will all have to wait until next year and see what Margaret does.

Holy snapping duck crap....

Those scores are unbeleivable!! Are you sure you guys didn't bowl down Williams St.? :lol:

And speaking of getting around.....Bruv, your mum says hi, and said don't wait up... :twisted:

Congrats to Debbie and Matt for winning Devonport masters :) And to Kace and Ash for their fine efforts too!!
Your right Kace, very decent averages for Devonport :) gotta be happy with that :D
Well done
Beck

I would like to congrats debbie on winning on the weekend & also matt. Also to kc for giving it he hardest, u nearly got there dude, but u still bowled very well for devonport.....

aslo to ash for running up even though i will be honest i didnt know who was doing what in the guys all the girls i thought i was last hehehehehe

also to dad for finishing 3rd & his wonderful bowling (splits, missing spares)
dad i think its bout time u had sum coaching dont u? :lol:

all good congrats everyone again

jack :twisted:

Well Kase....at least this is one way of knowing how your bowling's going..... :wink:
Congrats for the way you bowled in Devonport....sounds like nuffin has changed there...
Talk to you soon kiddo........

p.s Tassie will probably have another good lefty very soon :D :D

glad to see everyone had the usual sort of fun on the weekend down at sunny devonprt ........

5-7-10 for cricky ... well deserved!!! lol ..... just j/ks

magpie aka fech .... what do we read into that last post??? u on ur way back???

No, no, no Scott!!

Scott... read my father's post again... he said another GOOD lefty! Thus, that rules him out already. I wonder who this mystery person is. :?

Hehehe....You never know, I might turn left handed.

Moonah has always been easier on the left......there is more oil there. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom