congrats joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gus - When it's not our money we are spending it's a different matter! I'm sure the ppl who didnt bowl would have jumped at the chance but there parents thought the money was an issue! and no we wouldnt have had a training session in moonah on the saturday if it wasn't on it would most likely have been in launceston on the sunday but we thought having it in moonah on the saturday would encourage more bowlers to bowl the classic. Just like to point out a fact that 5 out of the 7 guys bowled so that's not a too bad effort and the two guys that didnt bowl came 1-2 on sunday :roll:

Ben - What The F***!! are you on drugs??? Fact - Gus was coach 2000, alot of sh*t happened and i for one don't blame him for not goin for it again! If you weren't in our team you wouldn't no what Gus went through and i'm sure every one in the team will never forget that last team meeting cuz i no i won't! He was a good coach and he is a good personal coach to me! So don't shoot your mouth without any facts man! As for no-one asking him for a seperate division i'm pretty sure someone would have mentioned it to him! Would you have bowled if there wasn't a seperate division?

Bruv - We may not be the "best" as individuals but we did bring home the trophy last year as a "TEAM"! and you named a few names there that bowled the tournaments everytime but was that ALL the juniors in the state? or were HALF OF THEM SOFT back then aswell? I wanna be the best i can be but i can't chose what the rest of my team mates do! Maybe there body doesnt sell for as much as yours did man :wink:

Righto Righto Righto - You's can all put the claws away now :D :D

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS JOEL ON YOUR VICTORY :wink:

Personally, I would put the Junior players in amongst the adults to give them the Senior matchgame competition, I believe there are a number of players in those line-ups that would, if pressed hard enough, do very well and probably cut in tournaments and do even better.
I look at players of such a calibre as Joel Wilson, Andrew Tylutki, Todd Russell, Gavin Hawkes, Paul Lucock, Simon Gourlay, Mark Foster, Matty Burtt, Hayden George etc..etc who originally were fodder for the adults but soon learned how to mix with the big boys pretty quickly.
However, that is not my job to make that decision so I'll leave it
up to those that are given that responsibility and have the knowledge
to do so.

The financial issue is a definite curly one, especially if it is the parents paying for it.
Coming from a rather poor background as I did, I know what it is like to struggle afford to bowl in tournaments.
Maybe if they bowl in some tournaments it is better than none at all - the last thing I'd want see is another good junior walking away because of the cost involved :(
Fact is things are definately harder now than they were in 1992-93 - I can vouch for that guys.
How I honed my skills were against TCBA players like Lucock, Green, Tylutki, Radcliffe, Gourlay Peter & Simon, Corbett, Coleman, Bracken, Richardson - most of the best guys in the South- would be to play them as much as I could in anything.......no matter what - not always in tournaments.
I remember being so fithy after losing to Rod Radcliffe in Sponsors one night by a pin, I went home and caned about ten holes in a cupboard :lol:
I was STEAAAAAAAMING :x

I'm not advocating punching holes in walls here but, what I am saying is that if it is a struggle to afford to travel to all tournaments then go and pick the best adult bowlers in the centre and bowl against them frequently - get your arse kicked by them - you only learn from a loss.
I'm relearning how to bowl tournaments again after a 5 year break, but I'm slowly getting there.
I'm getting beaten quite regularly at the moment but hopefully I'll break my 9 year tournament drought one day soon. :shock: :eek: :)

Anyway I'll shuddap now :wink: I'm rambling on because I'm half asleep here :roll:
No offence to anyone here, just my thoughts thats all.

Ben, seriously, have a good think about what you've written.
Sure, you might not have been around as long as some others in this sport so you might not realise what exactly Hayden has done for juniors, and even the sport in general in this State, but trust me... it's way above and beyond his fair share.
And all he was trying to say was that juniors would benefit hugely from entering his tournaments! :roll:

KC and dan, i do realise that he has done HEAPS for the sport and i did say that i think its a credit to him that he did put in a divition for the jouniors but didnt like that fact that he still said we all should have gone in it and things like that.......yes i would have gone in it either way.....but all i am trying to say is that if he desides to make a jounor divition and then decideds to critizise the turn out then i dont think that is apporpriate!

and no i dont think before i speak lol EVERYONE should know that by now....

sorry for ne offence that almost cerntaily will be taken.

gus i know u have done alot for the sport.

Well, I didn't have the chance to read what Ben wrote so i can't really comment. I will say this, don't comment on things you know nothing about only what u heard, ie shield 2000. Making these comments will get u a smack in the mouth one day. Unless, of course, you know what is like to go through a stage of severe depression. My wife had to get me through it for 4 weeks after shield. Alot of things escalated at that time in my life and I just cracked. But that was 3 years ago, and I got over it. So I don't take a great deal of notice of what you or anyone else think of me, except for my family and friends. You are not in these catergories so anything you say about me, I don't care. I will use this as an example: Apparently, according to you I am a SHITE Ball driller!! Well, ben, I can name 100 ppl that say I am not. Therefore I am happy that you are the 1%. There is ONE ball driller in this state that I am on par with, and that is Brett R. We both have been drilling balls for a long time and have the success from a wide range of bowlers to prove we are successful. Andrew is not far behind us as I consider him very capable. Brett K is also on the up, as proven by his drilling for the reeves boys. These two, with a bit more experience and time, will be exceptionally good. Now, last time I looked, I have drilled ONE ball for you. Maybe you were/nt happy with it. Sometimes its takes along time to create the best fit/rotation layout for a bowler. Its not a science, it does involve a lot of educated guessing. Some things work, some don't. I took 4 years to engineer the correct fit scooter, for example, and he has 2 300's and rachuig appearences to his name. I am not going to reel off all the bowlers that have had success from my ball drilling, as the list we be too long for your brain to compute!!!! I am not even going to start on my coaching success's.

I think that next time you should just pull your head in and not say anything. You might just burn some bridges, you may need in the future, or make some ppl pretty angry....if you haven't already.

Now, just a general comment that has pissed me off (not from ben either).

To the ppl that have a problem with the way I coach Dan and Emma. If you have anything to say, say it to my face. If either of them win an event because I have told them WHERE to stand, and WHERE to shoot, well thats my job as their COACH. I have helped many, adults and juniors alike, Win/Place in Nationally/State rated events. Just ask Bruv about last years SPC, Dave about The Aust Junior Masters 2 years ago, and Kate Wilton about The Aust Masters last year. They will be the first to admit that I helped them greatly in those events. Coaching is about teaching ppl the right things over and over again. Even if they know what they have to do, sometimes, they are reluctant to do it and it just takes that little push to make them do it. Eventually, they will do it for themselves. It just takes time. If I need to tell them what to do, well thats just my job. Get over it.!!!

fair enough gus, but at what stage did i ever bring up shield 2000? i dont know what happened and i dont really want to know what happened but at no stage did i mention 2000.....

can someone please tell me where 2000 came from?
all i said was to lay off the fact that there were only 1/2 of us bowling and that u shouldnt say how it was bad that there were only half of us bowling even though u put a seperate division in for us.

i never said ne thing about doubting ur coaching ability, i mean just look at dan and emma they are bowling really well at the moment and u have helped them out of site and i never had a go at ur coaching ability i knwo for a fact that u are one of the top coaches in the state, maybe even the nation.

im not gonna deny the fact that i said i dindt like u as a ball driller, i personlly think u rush ur jobs but that MY opion and please dont take offence to that.

Pipes said:
.....but all i am trying to say is that if he desides to make a jounor divition and then decideds to critizise the turn out then i dont think that is apporpriate!

It is appropriate as I went out of my way to accommodate as many bowlers as possible by using a different format. Believe me, it won't happen again.

Now, if you didn't say anything about 2000, then I apologise. I only tried to decipher the afterposts as you had already deleted your post.

Pipes said:
im not gonna deny the fact that i said i dindt like u as a ball driller

There is a difference b/w did not like and S H I T!

gus i also said that it was a credit that u did put us in a seperste division because it gave us a better chance of getting there......the only thing i didnt like was that u complained about the numbers that entered ....

its a EXELLENT idea to use that format and it should be used in future.

and as for me saying u were sh@t it was an exageration (i do it alot) in a personal conversation....i dont deny saing that because i did BUT it wasnt meant in that context as much as it may seem.

i know it looks like it was a pretty harsh thing to say, and it was i agree. but it wasnt mean in the *harshness* of the word.... :? that makes no sence

Sorry guys, but since this has got so far off topic, and just becoming a bitch session, you leave me no choice...

TOPIC CLOSED

If you wish to continue, please use the Private Message system, or another chat program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom