congrats joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

griggsy

i just wanted to say congratulations to my bud joel reeve for winning the hobart masters title yesterday, well done on your first masters win. let's hope we see many more, just not state masters lol :p

well done bud

yeah congrats Joel you did great, and also congrats to all those others who bowled and especially those that placed, you all did great.

lets see what the next tourn pulls out hay ..

Yes, congratuations to the Reeve boys for their 1 2 finish.

And also congratulations to Emma Tubb for her victory in the girls masters. Emma showed that the changes to her game are working pretty well at the moment, bowled her personal best of 280 on the way to a 127 pin win and a 198 average for the six game final.

shit, must of been good conditions.... or could it possibly be the shoes that Emma was wearing??? haha, i shot 280 2 weeks ago, so i'm thinkin its the shoes. Newayz well done emma, by the sounds of it, that style is gonna be hella good. And to Joel, well done man, good luck to you in state masters... is it i dunno. And i will cyas soon.

Later

..Well done again emma, kick ass, love ya.

Hey, Yeh congrat's to my bro Joel he bowled awesome! as did the whole state team! That was one intense final! Finishing in 5th out of 7 with a low game of 188 and that game being the only game under 200 for me just shows the Tassie boys are on fire just hope we don't burn out b4 shield :? I'm pretty sure us top 5 beat alot of the men's averages aswell just to let all you ppl know that are gonna get on here and say the lanes were all ditched up. And Good to see a right hander win the damn masters in hobart again :)
That's All
Katchya's

No, not all the lanes were ditched up Dan.... it just happened you guys got to bowl on the 3 easier pairs :wink: LOL.

Hahaha nice one Kace :wink: but i didnt really see the adults shooting much on those lanes when they got to bowl on them apart from Aaron's 265 last game! but i did see one of the adults no names to be mentioned have 96 in the 9th on one of the pairs so what does that say for you guys :wink:

Ok, I am not going to get in a biatch fight with the juniors saying that they had the 3 easiest pairs, but, if they did good luck to them. They all bowled really well, used it to their advantage, and made it a good carry contest.LOL. I know 3 of the pairs I bowled on, were a bit dodgy. I guess thats my bad luck for getting a bum draw. LOL.

My main point here is, lets see how many of them enter into the Doubles Skins in 7 weeks time!!!! Seeing that we will be Bowling on a heavy oil lane condition, lets see who is the top of the Averages Leaderboard. The Adults or The Juniors??? Lets see who can change their ball rotation to Kick out the Corners?? The Adults or The Juniors??? Any takers for some Bets???

I will keep my predictions to myself and will wait eagerly to see who is up to the task by entering, and who just likes bowling in carry contests!!

Gus,
I will be at the skins! i haven't missed one of your tournaments yet! And i really couldn't care less if i was the lowest average out there if i walked away with more money! If you wanna look back at last years results i think you'll find my name up there with the adults on the winnings table and that's what the skins is about :wink: Bring on the heavy oil! you know i love a challenge all i need now is a partner haha

Katchya's

LOL Nice to see you took my comment in the way it was intended Dan.... just for fun :p :p

And if that 96 in the 9th was me... HAHAHA I make no excuses for how badly I bowled on the w/e. It was all me being pear shaped :lol:

K-C said:
And if that 96 in the 9th was me... HAHAHA I make no excuses for how badly I bowled on the w/e. It was all me being pear shaped :lol:

Thought you'd be used to that by now :lol:

I do beleive the "Rack and Whack" combo for the doubles skins will be a force to be reckoned with.... What's my prize if we clean up Kace ;)

My previous post wasn't having a digg at anyone, just an observation of how many juniors bowled the Moonah classic against the masters and then to see how many bowl in the skins. Don't take it to heart dan..

KC- hahaha thanx for dobbing yourself in but no it wasnt you hahaha

Gus- The reason all the juniors bowled the masters and they didnt all bowl the Moonah classic was because we HAD to bowl the masters and we also HAD to bowl in a training session the day b4 the classic so some parents thought the exspence of the night accomadation plus the entry fee was to much with the amount of money they are already outlaying for the trip to shield. Not taking it to heart just explaining why we didnt all bowl!

I for one agree with dan bring on the heavy oil I lvoe a challenge too, unfortunately my record isn't as good as dan's though lol but this year coulde be a different matter, let's see shall we. see ya all at the skins

Once again, i am not getting into a cat fight over what ppl bowl and what don't!, and the cost of bowling coz I have been there. I am not that nieve. I am voicing my dissapointment that the juniors had there OWN division in an event, and still only HALF the team bowled!!!! When we were juniors, we would bowl against the adults every chance we got because it is how we got to the level we are at today. If you don't bowl against better comeptition you will stagnate. Its that simple. I know its hard to bowl and pay for everything, and I also understand why ppl do or don't bowl, and that masters events are a compulsory training session, but sometimes you have to outlay some $$$ to get better b4 you make some $$$. I know I have. As a tournament director/coach I like to see ppl bowl in events where they learn soemthing about their game and what they might have to work on. What do you learn from a Ditch?? Sweet FA. It teaches you to make mistakes and get way with them. Maybe the Moonah Classic should've been made a training and not the day b4. I am not commenting as it is not my decision and the decision was made to suit the team best, which I totally agree with, but, if the tourney wasn't on, would you have had a training on the saturday at Moonah?? I dunno, maybe, maybe not, who knows. My only arguement is the best practice the juniors are going to get is against the adults. The ones that do this tourney after tourney, like yourself, will get better. Fact! The ones that don't will get overtaken and left behind by the ones that do. I am not going to express my views on the topic any further as I WILL be taken out of context like I have previously. Just remember that I have been on both sides and understand why and why not. And that you get more points for Bowler of the Year by bowling more events. Thats if you are looking at getting a free ball. LOL

Congratulations to Joel on winning the masters, you bowled consistently well and deserved to win. Congratulations to Emma on winning and also on your 280 game.

To all the other junior masters finalists, everyone of you bowled well and I was very impressed with the way that you conducted yourselves on the lanes.

Well Done :D

Game_On said:
Finishing in 5th out of 7 with a low game of 188 and that game being the only game under 200 for me just shows the Tassie boys are on fire just hope we don't burn out b4 shield :?

Lets just hope that u boys do burn out before shield, at least for WA's sake hahahahaha nah, well done to all of ya, i just hope that u guys put up a good fight for that trophy of yours haha.

Later

hmmmm that got me in trouble lol :roll:

i fully must have had PMS or something when i wrote that hahaha

my bad

Pipes!, your a silly boy its not about being rich......you find out months in advance about tournaments....instead of thinking about it 2 weeks before hand. Yes things have changed..... for the worst, back around 92, 93 there was a tournamnet circuit in Tas called the TCBA.... the cream of tassie bowling was there.....tylutki, riley, ratcliffe etc u get my drift, and the thing about this was that junior bowlers like myself, matt burtt, hayden george, peta jones, jane gibbons, dave robinson and others we supported these adult tournaments every time...........in 93 they had 8 tournaments in which i won 2 of them ( i was only 17)..... we did it to mix it with the best on offer and to learn more about the game.....so there is my point!!.....HALF THE JUNIOR BOWLERS IN THIS STATE ARE SOFT!........get out there learn from the best that tas has to offer, bowl on some international standard lane conditions......its a small price to pay if you want to be one of the best or the best, there are plenty of you with ability.....but u choose not to use it, coz its all a bit to hard.. read this the way intended.

Cheers

Mark Foster

i agree with bruv and gus as well here, this is why I bowl in the tourns that gus puts out, look at the record last yr how bad did I get my butt whipped?? well we all know how bad lol but the thing is I have come out learning stuff everytime i bowl and I think bowling in these tourns has helped me to get to where I am that's why when I have all available money plus time I support these tourns where I can and I can identify with gus and burv here that is does help your game. look at me I was a no body last yr and couldn't even cut in a tourn and now I am actually cutting now and then. it all helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom