Computer Assisted Tracking System (CATS) - Ten Pin City

Jez

I was fortunate enough to be able to have a practise last night at Ten Pin City (Lidcombe) and utilised the CATS system recently implemented.

For those people who do not know what CATS is, it basically tracks and measures your ball the whole way done the lane and then plots it onto an electronic lane thru sensors and cameras. (easy way to describe it is like the hawk vision you see at the tennis, cricket etc.)

Not only does is show ur accuracy at the arrows but also ur accuracy all the way down the lane and most importantly at the breakpoint. Also measures the following:
* Revoultions Per Minute (RPMs)
* Speed
* Angle of Entry to Pocket
* Plus stats outlined above

Once you have bowled ur 10 shots a report is printed which outlines all the data and gives you an assessment. There are rankings to show where you can improve and also highlights strong points of ur game. The report is a great progress report as it will be able to show bowlers improvements that they are making them to their game over time.

This system can benefit all levels of bowlers to help better there game and give a greater knowledge of the game (eg angles, rpms etc). I would recommend everyone to give this technology ago, you will be presently surprised...i know i was.

Finally there is world class training facilites here in Australia and right here in Sydney!

Sounds interesting.
Perhaps with the correct permissions in place (the centre manager and any licence approvals), the Tenpin Bowling Show on our next trip to Sydney could do a special on this.
Anything that portrays to the public that Tenpin is a sport that requires a person to process a high level of skill and fitness to be at the top of their field.
This may be a good way to show other sports that Tenpin is not just a sport of being lucky on the day.
There is a whole lot more to it!

I am sure centre management would be interested in your proposal, they are all about promoting ten pin bowling as a sport.

Ive got a few spare nights in Sydney next week. Im keen to come and check out the bowl and the CATS system, who would be the best person to organise some time on the lanes with CATS say next Tuesday or Wednesday night?

Ive got a few spare nights in Sydney next week. Im keen to come and check out the bowl and the CATS system, who would be the best person to organise some time on the lanes with CATS say next Tuesday or Wednesday night?

chowny

big daddy frawls or paul delany are your best bet

Will need to take a rain check, im sure ill be back in Sydney soon enough. Gotta head off OS next week now.

I was fortunate enough to be able to have a practise last night at Ten Pin City (Lidcombe) and utilised the CATS system recently implemented.
For those people who do not know what CATS is, it basically tracks and measures your ball the whole way done the lane and then plots it onto an electronic lane thru sensors and cameras. (easy way to describe it is like the hawk vision you see at the tennis, cricket etc.)
Not only does is show ur accuracy at the arrows but also ur accuracy all the way down the lane and most importantly at the breakpoint. Also measures the following:
* Revoultions Per Minute (RPMs)
* Speed
* Angle of Entry to Pocket
* Plus stats outlined above
Once you have bowled ur 10 shots a report is printed which outlines all the data and gives you an assessment. There are rankings to show where you can improve and also highlights strong points of ur game. The report is a great progress report as it will be able to show bowlers improvements that they are making them to their game over time.
This system can benefit all levels of bowlers to help better there game and give a greater knowledge of the game (eg angles, rpms etc). I would recommend everyone to give this technology ago, you will be presently surprised...i know i was.
Finally there is world class training facilites here in Australia and right here in Sydney!

This has been a paid endorsement from Andrew Frawley and friends :D

I had a go of the CATS last Thursday and was very amazed. It's an amazing tool in improving your game and paints a clear picture on key segments you can instantly improve on. I would recommend anyone attending Sydney to go down there and have a session with Andrew or Paul.

PS This has not been a paid endorsement from Andrew Frawley and friends. The views expressed by the poster are solely his own have not been influenced by any threat, promise or inducement :D

Back
Top Bottom