comments on mt warren

bfcc

ok i all ways like to hear what the bowlers thought of the condition we bowled on, good or bad it is better to know.

before people jump the gun please remember a few things -

*this was our first sport condition outside of caboolture
*first time the pattern was used
*first for mt warren to wash there lanes 3 times in the one 24 hour period

my thoughts - as a lefty i will admit that the left was the toughest i have ever seen, this may be because the other patterns we have bowled on were at caboolture which is a lefty friendly centre from talking to the guys that bowl at mt warren it isn't a lefty centre or with the lack of lefties that bowled so we didn't dry out a area to bowl in.

there seemed a difference in the condition from a squad to b squad with b squad having a better backend this can only be put down to the extra washes as we checked the machine and the same pattern was layed.

i will be interested to read what u all thought of the condition.

Patterns

I'm a bit surprised no one has responded earlier or maybe they just haven't looked yet. I obviously cant comment about the left but given the results I would think your correct to assume that they certainly had the tougher day.

As for our squad and I'm the first to admit I didnt check the pattern prior to bowling but it seemed to me the track area of the lane 10-15 dried out very quickly which was a surprise given they have recently had a resurface. Other than that they were a bit hooky and the pairs certainly played very differently as you moved but I believe this is more of a trait of the centre.

Again a fairly tough pattern that appeared pretty even regardless of how you threw the ball (as long as it was right handed),

My only criticism of the centre was the approaches, especially lane 11 and in the left hand corners trying to spare 10 pins but whether there was something on the approach or it is in the recoat I dont know.

I know Caboolture had their problems and tried everything without success until they were sanded again so maybe its just something to live with until the next sand.

carl after bowling the skins last friday the approaches were as quick as i have found anywere in brisbane, not sure what they did but it worked!!! there oiling machine went through a full service after the sport series and a couple of small things were found and have now been fixed.

Back
Top Bottom