closure off bowling centre

gonzo69

To all our customers,

As you can see from the QT article, Ipswich Tenpin will not be reopening. After our landlord cancelled our lease, we were hopeful that we could reopen in a new location. We found a suitable site in Bundamba, but we were unaware of the Ipswich City Council headworks fees. We were a family-owned business with a limited budget and these substantial fees, on top of the costs of rebuilding, made the project unaffordable.

We would like to thank the people of Ipswich and our loyal staff for their support through the years. It's a shame it had to end this way, but we will always look back on our time at Ipswich Tenpin with fond memories.

Alice & Dean Margiolas

That's terrible news. My sincere condolences.

The council won't negotiate some terms on the fees? Seems like a lose / lose situation. How very frustrating for you.

Very disappointing....one would have thought the council would have been willing to help out a business who employed 30+ people and was a major entertainment hub for the area back on its feet. Obviously if it doesn't get the right peoples picture in the paper on or on TV then its not worth it.

Both my and Debs condolences go out to Alice, Deano & all people associated with Ipswich Tenpin - the centre and its people will be sorely missed.

We are all very sorry to hear of this news.

Our fond memories of the Ipswich Tenpin will always be the Ipswich Cup, Twin Tour and best of all the Ken Mills Kup.

Hopefully we will still see most of the junior/youth at other tournaments.

Thank you to Dean, Alice, Darren and all the staff for making us feel welcome whenever we played in your centre.

Cheers
Mrs P.

Thanks to Dino, Alice and staff for many great memories. I can't believe that the Council would do this to you as a flood affected business.

All the best for the future guys.

Thanks to Dino, Alice and staff for many great memories. I can't believe that the Council would do this to you as a flood affected business.

All the best for the future guys.

Exactly! This whole thing was initiated by the floods. Don't know why the owner used that as an excuse. That was bad enough - but for the council not to be actively assisting people to recover is beyond words.

The centre's travelling league was down here ( Ballina ) a few weeks ago, in lieu of us visiting them. They were certainly hoping for their centre back in some form.

To all our customers,

As you can see from the QT article, Ipswich Tenpin will not be reopening. After our landlord cancelled our lease, we were hopeful that we could reopen in a new location. We found a suitable site in Bundamba, but we were unaware of the Ipswich City Council headworks fees. We were a family-owned business with a limited budget and these substantial fees, on top of the costs of rebuilding, made the project unaffordable.

We would like to thank the people of Ipswich and our loyal staff for their support through the years. It's a shame it had to end this way, but we will always look back on our time at Ipswich Tenpin with fond memories.

Alice & Dean Margiolas

Very sad to see businesses that were flood affected being shafted by council red tape. Especially after the government said that they would be accommodating for flood affected businesses.

Anyone who wants to know more can check out this link: Headworks cutting property off at the knees | Brisbane Real Estate Agents

Pisasale has a lot to answer for at the next election!!!

Unfortunate news for all from Ipswich. Best wishes to all.

What is even more sad is that I believe the building now stands empty. Pisasale has lost my vote in the next election. So much for all the hot air he was going on about helping everyone that was effected by the flooding. Best wishes to Dino, Alice and all the staff.

Back
Top Bottom