Clean Sweep For SQ In President's Shield

H

Hedley

In a strong, all-round performance, South Queensland won the 2001 President's Shield and also finished first in both the Girls and Boys Divisions. Final Standings were:

1--South Queensland-----171.5
2--South Australia--------159.0
3--North Queensland-----140.0
4--NSW Central-----------134.0
5--Northern NSW---------132.5
6--Victoria-----------------122.5
7--Western Australia-----113.5
8--ACT/Southern NSW---112.5
9--Northern Territory------93.0
10-Tasmania---------------81.5

congrats to the boys and girls from South Queensland ! let's hope now they make it a repeat in the masters !

Congrats to the South Queenslanders, at least we kept the trophy in the good state. Different story come the masters though, go hard North Queensland!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Following are the final placings in the Girls' and Boys' Divisions of the 2001 President's Shield:

Girls
1--South Queensland-----91.5
2--North Queensland-----85.0
3--South Australia--------85.0
4--Northern NSW---------80.5
5--NSW Central-----------68.5
6--ACT/Southern NSW---55.0
7--Victoria-----------------52.5
8--Tasmania--------------40.0
9--Western Australia-----38.0
10-Northern Territory----34.0

Boys
1--South Queensland-----80.0
2--Western Australia-----75.5
3--South Australia--------74.0
4--Victoria-----------------70.0
5--NSW Central-----------65.5
6--Northern Territory-----59.0
7--ACT/Southern NSW---57.5
8--North Queensland-----55.0
9--Northern NSW---------52.0
10-Tasmania--------------41.5

Congratulations to each and every one of the 140 bowlers involved in this year's President's Shield, representing your State or Territory at this level is an honour you can long-remember. And, to the Winners
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
and the Grinners
icon_smile.gif

Best of luck to all the bowlers in the Junior and Youth Masters to be bowled on Saturday and Sunday.

Congrats to Sth Qld.

Does anyone have the all star teams and if so could they be posted please?

Hi Brenton,

The 2001 ** All Star ** Teams are listed below; I'm sure about the Boys but I need to confirm the Girls. I will also try to track down the averages.

Girls
1. Leisa Lumsden (SA)
2. Tammy Foat (SQ)
To be confirmed:
Rebecca Waters (NQ)
Kate Murray (NQ)
Sandi Edwards (NSW C)

Commisserations to Cathryne Crookes (SQ) who had a sufficiently high average (193, I think) to finish 3rd, but bowled only 11 games, just missing out on the minimum of 12 games needed to qualify for the All Star Team.

Boys
1. Andrew Blissett (NT) 205
2. Matthew O'Brien (Vic)
3. Lindsay Kilpatrick (Vic)
4. Scott Andrews (WA) Good-on-ya Scottie!!
5. Wade Jones (NQ)

Andrew Blissett (who bowled for ACT/Southern NSW in last year's President Shield) was drafted into the Northern Territory Team this year - clear proof that drafting is a good idea in the right context.

The Sportsperson Awards went to Sara Hyland (the Captain of the Tasmanian Girls Team) and Robert Townsend (the Captain of the ACT/Southern NSW Boys Team). Robert bowled his 100th (yes, 100th) President's Shield game this year. He also only just missed out on making the All Star Team, finishing 6th.

Of SPECIAL NOTE: Nell Weir (SQ) and Dr. Edward (Ed) Kee (NSW Central) were the, very deserving, initial inductees into the TBAL Hall of Fame
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Congratulations to everyone mentioned above on their fine acheivements.

I just want to say Congratulations to everyone that made the Allstar teams. Especially Leisa Lumsden from SA, well bowled Liltank!! You deserve it! I am soooo proud of you, as is your Coach Val!!!! And to make things even sweeter, you were sick as a dog!! Get well soon sweety.

Well done again girl!
Martina
xxxx
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

SA GREAT!!!

As a competitor of the 2001 Nationals and President Shield Competition I would like congratulate all my team mates (SQ) and fellow competitors. The sportmanship was great and so was the competition. Also congratulations to SQ for a fine win. It all come down to the last match for the girls trophy and our girls worked their bums off. I would also like to thank all our supporters and managers and coaches for a job well done. Thanks Mrs Weir, Mr Mills and Ms T for all your help and support over the last ten days, you are great. Once again congratulations and GO SQ!!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom