President's Shield Standings After Day 1

H

Hedley

After Day 1 (6 games) of the 2001 President's Shield, South Queensland held a comfortable Overall lead on 60 points (Girls 33, Boys 27), with South Australia second on 52.5 points (Girls 25.5, Boys 27), North Queensland third on 49 points (Girls 30, Boys 19) and Northern New South Wales just outside the medals on 45.5 (Girls 27.5, Boys 18).

The leading four in the Girls Division were: South Queensland 33, North Queensland 30, Northern New South Wales 27.5 and South Australia 25.5.
(Note: There was 1 point "missing" in the Girls tally, but it does not change the interim positions.)

The leading four in the Boys Division were: Victoria 29, South Queensland 27, South Australia 27 and Western Australia 23.

With two days and 12 games to go, I've just got one thing to say: GO SQ!!
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

With the conditions as dry as they are, I'd have to back my home town of NQ. They are the speed kings and when the boys fire, you'll know about it. Go the Northerners!!!!

Go South Queensland!!!!!

I went and watched on Wednesday, they were bowling very well, i hope they can hang on. Some of the North Queensland bowlers do have very powerfull shots, i hope they can hang on for a position.
icon_smile.gif
I would have thought that NSW central would be up there with the best? Any way go South Queensland!
icon_biggrin.gif
make us proud!
icon_biggrin.gif

George,

I thought you would like to know that, as of yesterday, two NQ Boys, Wade Jones (701) & Zach Waters (654) and two NQ Girls, Tara Tojnar (656) & Rebecca Waters (630), were heading their respective Junior Open Masters Qualifying Lists.

Thanks Hedley for the update, I know Zach well, if he keeps with it he has a big future in the sport. I've seen Wade bowl a few times, he also is a great talent. You just never know with those Northerners, they just keep popping up from now where.

Keep the results coming.

G

Back
Top Bottom