Cannington Tournament

W

wilkem01

This year cannington will be hosting a new tournament.
the 'Cannington Cashed-up Cup', if anyone is interested entry forms are available in the tournament entry forms section.

I was in Perth on the weekend and seen the entry form at Craigie and got one, so i will be there, i am also going to try and get a couple of other bowlers to com down.

HI Michael,

Any chance of a post of numbers or names so far for this event?

Regards,

Jase

Hey Jase,
I really would love to put up squad listings but as at the current date there have been no entry forms received.
There have however been a number of people who have told me that they are going to enter.
As soon as some of the entry forms come in i will place updated spuad listings on the internet.

Cool,

Hope it gets some local support for you.
I'll have a go for sure. ;)

Jase

Hey,

Sorry about the delay in the reply.

Regarding the 'Cashed-up Cup' I will post a squad listing tomorrow as to who has entered.

However the tournament is in DANGER OF BEING CANCELLED due to a lack of interest!!!!
If there is anybody out there who is thinking of entering but has not put their entry form in dO so ASAP.

A decision will be made on whether the tournament will go through or not based on the number of entries by Wednesday the 29th of June.

Entries may now also be placed via phone, just call:

AMF Cannington Lanes on 9451 7333

Shame that there is yet again lack of interest in another event in Perth, looks a good event,

Hope it doesnt cancel

Squad listings are as follows:

A Squad
Vince Pearson
Chris Barratt
Jess Barratt
Sylvia Wilson
Lindsay Brand
Peppy Giorgio

B Squad
Greg Ball
Jim Hind
Samantha Tailor
Russ Mortimer
Mitchell Marris
Matthew Watson
Chris Watson
Sheldon Nouchy
Stax Stevens

Entries will also be taken via total bowling or phone.
Any queries, email me on:

[email protected]

Mikey, i would love to enter. . . if nothing more than to make up the numbers and support an event!! But am unable to coz i'm in Darwin for work.

Good luck with the tourny dude!!

Chris Kelland

It has officially been decided that the 'Cannington Cashed-Up Cup' will not run on the 2nd and 3rd of June.

The tournament will not however be cancelled, rather delayed to a later date that will be decided shortly.

As soon as the new date is decided on i will let everyone know.

Just looking for some feedback from the bowlers in regards to the format of the tournament.

For the tournament we are looking at possibly putting it into one day with qualifying in the morning and finals in the afternoon.

What does everyone think of this? is it preferred or would you rather it be kept over the two days?

I would have to agree with Stax on this one 19 games in one day would be a little taxing and may induce fatigue. :sleeping:

If it came down to it i guess it wouldn't be so bad if you had a break and maybe an ambulance and a masseur on hand :D

Turn it up wattsy!! Your still a bit young to want an ambulance and a masseur. . . Oh, you meant for Stax. . . my bad.

:p

It would suit me better if it was one day but after realising how many games i thought the same thing that it was too many, but i do like the idea of everyone bowling together in qualifing especially if there isnt to many

Geez Stax anyone would think that your not in your usual peak condition.

I myself like the idea of one day. We used to run these alot in SA when you would get 70 or 80 bowlers turn up. 8 games qualifying in the morning and top 8, 10 or 12 matchplay in the afternoon (depending on numbers)
For those with families it gave you the Saturday to do the family things.
We would get the majority of the non cutters hanging around to spectate in the afternoon creating a bit of atmosphere. The bowl would put on some beers and nibbles afterwards and it was a good day for all.

Mike
I hope it gets off the ground either way. It seem a shame that when we get someone wanting to sponser a tourny that we dont get the support.

Appreciate the effort anyway.

Cheers
Jim

CIO said:
Turn it up wattsy!! Your still a bit young to want an ambulance and a masseur. . . Oh, you meant for Stax. . . my bad.

:p
The B$%^&$#D still can can a rack though.....F^&%$N left handers... :rolleyes:

wattsy said:
The B$%^&$#D still can can a rack though.....F^&%$N left handers... :rolleyes:

Nice to see you left out a few words Jase haha. :D

I personally have no preference for whether it was a 2 day or 1 day event. Both have their advantages. 1 day tournaments definitely focus on the endurance factor (Unique Classic last year was a prime example).

I'll certainly be bowling this tournament - i'll make sure i book the 2 days off work for it.

Hopefully this is a great success and can continue in the years to come.
We need more tournaments here in WA! (especially with the loss of Cannington Classic)

Luke

Back
Top Bottom