Burnie Closed?

i reckon that the conditions at the burnie bowl was worse when i bowled there last year then what devonport is now. Deconport is way better then what burnie was. i reckon rick and bec have done a fantastic job at devonport bowl.

Yes the condition from January to July of 2005 was crap, and had a lot to do with the majority of the better bowlers to pack up their bags and leave. However if you Manbeef are who I think you are, then your game has change since you last bowled at Burnie. Also the condition currently in Devonport suits you style better then what Burnie ever did.
However the condition that has been laid a Burnie for the past 5 months has been fine. But due to the lack of better bowlers and the centre now closed (Hopefully not for good) there are few that can back me up on this.

oh ok then. but at least at devonport, i don't get blamed for most things that go wrong like i did before i left burnie.

Not really sure how a bowler could be blamed for for anything that goes wrong with the machinery, (Outside of a joke). Well except for the time i got the death stare from Terry for taking out the Sensor rail, while trying to spare the 10 pin.

Nice little centre, Burnie.
With a bit of signage out front, and some new pins and kickbacks it would be even better.
It looked great with the improvements that had already been carried a year or two back - there were pics on this forum somewhere, but I can't find them now - I hope it reopens, and becomes a great business once again.

well after talking with Ron about this centre, i found out that u could spend 50k and lay down synthetic lanes, new kick backs and paint the place out. I have some awesome ideas for this place, taken from leagues and social play from here in sydney

Its a gold mine waiting to happen

it would be great to see burnie back up and running again.synthetics would be another great addition,but the main thing that bowl needs is a hardcore bowler with nothing but the game at heart to run it. it could only be great for burnie bowl and tasmanian bowling is some one like you matt did take it over

If you have the cash or could get it Matty ,how much fun would it be to run your own bowling alley ,i would sell my pool hall and go you halfs ,about $80,000 each would you say?

Having operated a small regional centre for near on 12 years, I must tell you that it takes a lot more than a person with the game at heart, to make a bowling centre either successful and or profitable.
It amazes me how many "cashed up Bowlers" there are that have absolutely no idea whats involved.
Guess they will learn the hard way !

kempsey said:
Having operated a small regional centre for near on 12 years, I must tell you that it takes a lot more than a person with the game at heart, to make a bowling centre either successful and or profitable.
It amazes me how many "cashed up Bowlers" there are that have absolutely no idea whats involved.
Guess they will learn the hard way !

I agree but after bowling in NSw for the past 4 years i see what works and what doesnt. Its not all about social play, its about keeping your league bowlers happy by offering more insentives to bowl, IE $$$$$ for big games, jackpots, and bringing back the Burnie Cup as a national tournament. Teh tourism in Tas is great at the moment so it wouldnt be to hard to get this bowling centre off its feet, if run right.

Matt,

I guess the big question is it for sale?

Perhaps run a tournament to win the bowl, like the guy in the states at the moment.

1000 entries at $200 = $200k, would that be enough.

I am sure that a heap of cashed up bowlers would not know how to make it work, but lets all face it, for those of us that have been bowling for around the 20 year mark, would have some good idea's on what worked & what doesnt, as we have seen bowling number drop lots over that time.

All you really need is knowledge of the game, and a business brain, and it can be done.

Have a go Matt, if you want to return to Tassie that is.

Would do it myself, but no interested in moving to Tassie to do, cant even think about moving 400 km down the state to do it.

Best of luck if you do mate.

Back
Top Bottom