Burnie Closed?

Re: Burnie

This is what i have heard so far... The current owner Could not be bothered with it anymore but was un-willing to drop the sale price which was $140,000?? and no one knows where he is??... that is what i have heard, not sure how much is true... but hey its a great place to start... This is bruv reporting live... from my loungeroom :D

Bruv

Hmmmm..A lease with option to purchase. Sounds interesting to me also.
Could someone please forward the owner's contact details to me?

Also, I could use some honest opinions of the place from a few Tasmanian bowlers.

thanks,
Wayne

Just read a new story that said Burnie Tenpin Bowl had 70 regular bowlers...

Is that all?
Could be the reason it has closed.

Small (12 lanes), dark, machines run pretty good for Odins, good scoring system (Qubica) lanes in need of a resurface or better yet, overlays, possibly new kickbacks (dead pin action), new pins needed and most importantly... A SIGN! You wouldn't really know it's there unless you looked for it... heck, I've even driven past it.

For the right price, and with a fair bit of advertising, it could get back to where it once was.

yeah got to agree with Androooo, was no more the 4 years ago we had 450+ regular bowlers. As for the resurface, when Hobart was renovated we got told there was no need for a resurface. How ever it wouldn't hurt.

As a former Manager of Burnie Bowl.....I'm sad to hear it has closed.
I for one would also like to hear what the purchase/lease agreement is.
Even though it is only 12 lanes, we had the highest lignage in the state by far...beating both Moonah and Lonny in actual games. Those were the days!!

Wayne,

Previous owner for some reason decided it wasnt necessary to have league bowlers .... or at least wasnt prepared to cater for them - eg decent conditions etc etc. So as a result, most if not all leagues stopped (not exactly sure of what leagues were still in operation - but certainly the majority of the higher average bowlers stopped bowling there in recent times) - Im sure Q can correct me if Im too far out with that.

However, the centre is better equipped (lanes, machines etc) to cater for the higher average bowlers in particular than the centre that most of these bowlers have moved to (Devonport - approx 50kms from Burnie)
** Noting, Im not having a go at Devonport - Rick and Rebecca are doin a great job there ..... just simply stating that the machines and lanes are in much better nick than that of Devonport - so theres more to work with for less 'capital' injection as compared to Devonport***

While some centres on the mainland may be able to sustain their business solely on social bowlers, that is not a luxury that any bowling centre has in Tassie. Im not sure you would call Burnie a gold mine, but I think it could certainly be a decent business with the right person in it and a bit of hard work ..... and as Androo says, a bit of signage so that people actually know its there!
There you go, before you know Ive typed a book!

PS - Fech, good to hear your still alive and kicking - you thinking of coming back and bringing ol Burnie back to life are you? Or just want to look at the numbers out of curiousity?

Yes main reason for bowlers leaving was due to a lack of a good consistent condition and other things, how ever the condition that was being laid lately, was starting to prove that it was both consistent and score able, (not a ditch). Less room for error then Devonport, again not knocking Devonport as Rick & Bec have done a piece a magical work. But comparing averages shows the difference. My averages for each centre of late are, Burnie 181, Devonport 203, with similar amounts of games bowled.

Magpie said:
Even though it is only 12 lanes, we had the highest lignage in the state by far...beating both Moonah and Lonny in actual games. Those were the days!!

Crikey dad. You're talking about a VERY long time ago there. Be careful, people might start to guess your age old boy!

It would be great to see someone re-open the place though. Hope it happens. I agree with the others and say with the right person in charge and the right advertising, the place could be a good little business.

I am interested to know more about the Burnie Bowl and is it truly for sale.
Can someone supply me with the current owners contact details.
Would like to have a chat with him about it's future, with interest to buy

Why dont we have a section for Tenpin centres for sale so the centres are bought before they close. It seems there is alot of cashed up bowlers looking to buy themselves a centre.

Back
Top Bottom