Burnie Classic Results

GUS

Sorry about the delay in posting, but I am a busy person. :D

Congratulations go out to Adam Reeve(Junior Bowler) on his 1st (of many more to come) WIN in an Open Tournament. He literally flogged all the Adults in the Matchplay Stage of the Event and also got 7 pins per game on top of it. I think in future events, Juniors that are left handed will get no Handicap just becuase he beat us. LOL Just Kidding. :p Both He and His Bro are going to great bowlers if they stick with it and don't fall into the Junior to Adult Transition of dissapearing into the never never. And lets admit it, we need more good lefties in this state.

My Original decision to move the event to Burnie, I feel, was Justified by how the event went. We had $300 sposorship from the bowl and Cafe, a very fair/demanding lane condition (that i had nothing to do with), and great support from everybody that turned up on the day. I congratulate Terry Barr and his team for a Great effort and embracing the concept of the Grand Prix Series where we get fair but tough lane conditions to bowl on. Once again with this event, we ended up paying out 1 in 2. Although it might not be huge $$$ it is still better than nothing.

A big Thank you goes to Emma Tubb for doing all the scoring while I bowled. Your effort was greatly appreciated (About time it came back the other way LOL :p )

The next event is the NRG JUICE BAR ELIMINATOR scheduled for the 12th October. It has been suggested by the Sponsor (BRUV) that we hold a twilight event on the Saturday(11th) Evening. Maybe Starting at 3pm. What are ppls thoughts on this. Something Different. After I get some Feed back I will Post Entry form.

Once again, Thanks to all that bowled and helped with the Event. Although we only got 20 entries, it was still a success.

Congrats to Adam (my partner) you bowl great but I'm a great bowler :lol: I have not bowled in a tournament for quite some time, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and must pass on my thanks to Hayden, Emma and Terry the Service was most excellent.
I got a few pics attached.

Congratulations to Adam on a great performance last Sunday. You showed every one at Burnie how much talent you have and why you have been selected to attend the National Development Training squad.

Also a big thank you to Hayden on another well run tournament and to Terry and the staff at Burnie who supported the tournament in every way possible.

Congrats to Adam on a fine win. The best bowler on the day won, which is the way it's supposed to work.

A huge thanks must go to Hayden and Emma for running the tournament, and to Terry and his staff, if this is the way you guys treat holding a "major" tournament, let's have more up there. I cannot say enough on how the bowlers were treated by your staff and the cafe, and to get those Odin machines running like that, it was an absolute pleasure to bowl up there.

I can't beleive how much a change of masking units and rake boards can brighten a centre up. I really do look forward to the next tourny up there.

hey adam, congrats on your win man, bowled like a true champion!!! Have fun at the development camp too dude,

Later

Another great tournament run by Gus and thanks to Emma for all the work she did on the day too. It was a long day but well worth the trip up. Thanks to Terry and all the staff at Burnie too.

Just on the topic of the next tournament, if it does go ahead on the Saturday evening, I would think it would be rather hard for me to make it. With travelling time, I would have to score the whole day off and I don't like my chances. Just one perspective anyways!

Again, top job on the weekend. Seeya in Melbourne and good luck at the SPC rolloff down here on the w/e!

Thanks for that KC. The next event isnt set in stone just yet, just asking for thoughts on it. And, yes Ash and I will be waiting for you in Melb and if your plane is going to be late you had better jump out and start flappin those arms like a bird and head North. LOL

I would like to congratulate Adam on winning the Burnie Classic. You should be very proud of how you conducted yourself in your mannerism and bowling ability - well done.

To Hayden, thanks for moving the tournament to the coast. As you may have noticed Terry and the Burnie Bowl staff have the interest of bowlers at heart. A big thank you to the Burnie Bowl and Lane 13 cafe for the cash injection to help this tournament.

Thanks to all for making this a great tournament.

Cheers
Brett

hey thanx everyone it was fun to bowl in. hope to bowl against you all soon.
gongrats and well done to everyone else who bowl in it aswell.
Adam

Well done on your win up in Burnie, Adam :D
The future of the game is looking bright with the younger players stepping up to the plate now.

Just on Burnie Bowl, the photos I saw of the centre, it's looks absolutely fantastic.
Reminds me a lot of the old Mornington, with the softish light, shiny lanes and 1980's Brunswick masking units.
Seems like Terry {I think that's his name - I met him the other week} has really got that place up and running in good order.

Excellent stuff!! :wink:

Hey guys its tiffany from NQ here...just thought id congratulate my shield bowling buddie adam on the win in burnie....well done hun, knew you were the s**t!! :wink: Newayz hope to see yas all real soon!

Keep up the good bowling...everyone!!!!

:twisted: TIFFANY-JADE :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom