burdekin open?

In a well organised tournament,with challenging conditions,(-194 made the final 24),the Burdekin Open was a great sucess.
Hats off to Nucifora inc and all the hard workers in Ayr
The winner by a street was slammin Sam Nucifora,Carl Bottomley second,and a courageous and talented Brandon Q
third.Robbie,the bridesmaid Buckley, came in fourth.Special mention to the young brigade of Shaun Dunn,(lockie thinks you are the best)and Craig Hembrow,who bowled above their years.
The leading female was Terri Needham,who won by a bees whisker from Leigh Harris.The local gal Toni Reese came third.
It is agreat idea to promote the ladies into the Open format.
Kudos for the bowl.
Congrats to each and all and catch you in Melbourne.
If not,it will be great to catch up with everyone at the Sun City at Currajong in November.

Burdekin Open - Sam's the Man!

I would just like to pass on our thanks to Slammin Sam, Helen the TD, and the local Burdekin bowlers for the hospitality that was exhibited to we "southerners" during this weekends' Burdekin open. Car convoys between Townsville and Ayr to ferry us between airport and venue, billets provided , and a low cost tournament to boot - goes to show that you don't have to spend a lot of money to participate in a ranked event, and more importantly, ENJOY IT! Well, most of us did, anyway :wink:

Sam, circumstances permitting, we will definately be back next year, put us down for B Squad please, and the skins too!

Imagine what could happen if tournament organisers down south followed the Queensland lead of both Sam and Mary Flower - provided affordable tournaments with airport transfers and accommodation thru billets :) ..tournament numbers may just explode!!!

Again, many thanks Sam, it was great

Broni & Jagga Morgan 8)

What happened to the lefties ? I thought they were a great chance of taking this one out.

Congratulations to Samson for winning the open. Well done to Brando for finishing in the placing he did with all things considering. A great time as usual was had by all and look forward to next year.

Once again WAY TO GO SAM!!!!! =D> \:D/

Well done Sam

Good Tournament and enjoyed the weekend , like Jagga, put me down for next year.

Thank you for the extra you put in to ensure we all have transport to and from the airport and made our flights

Animal

I would just like to thank Sam and all the other locals for running a top notch tournament. The atmosphere was great and the skins and calcutta was electric. We will definately be there next year. Thanks again, Lacky.

p.s. Can you put Kyles and Lacky down for B squad next year.

The Burdekin Open

Hey there guys!!! Mum and I would just like to thank everybody for making The Burdekin Open such a success and such a wonderful weekend. As tired as we were, every effort was gone into making this weekend an excellent one for bowlers and staff alike. I think everybody I know wanted the keys to the car - SPECIAL THANKS to Bruce from Carmichael Ford Four - driving it up the main entrance of the bowl was something we'll never forget. (Now we just have to get it out!!!) LOL :wink:

I just wanted to say a special congrats to our BIG BOSS man Sammy Jnr, as well as Bottomley and Brando. As well as mentioning Shauny and Spuds performances in qualifying - you guys blew me away!!! Congrats go out to Terri as well for taking out 1st in the females. Must say a hello to Sheehan (stay away from my mother) :wink: to Leigh (hope your nail is better :wink: and to Gav (hope the next time you see me I'm not old and grey) and his lovely wife.

I've meet some new faces, as well as seeing some old friendly ones. Only time will tell if I get to enjoy the experience I've had this year, next year.

$3000.00 NATIONALLY RATED BURDEKIN OPEN

Hey there guys, thanx for the kind words but there wasnt much i done that we dont do normally. I have extended those congratulations onto my excellant staff who ran the tournemant that well that it allowed me to bowl relaxed enough to be able to take it out.
Jagga i am privliged to be put in the same sentence as Mary Flower but unfortunately i am not in the same league all i can do is continue to follow in her footsteps. I have had a positive response from everyone that turned up bar a couple of people and i will do my best to satisfy those bowlers next year.
Once again thankyou

Hello Leigh, I have'nt heard of you for sometime, good to see your still bowling and bowling well, I did notice your name mentioned in reports from the Nationals and with the State team. Does your brother still bowl? BTW, do you bend your knee now, as I remember telling you that you bowled similar to Amanda Bradley-Little, only you did'nt bend your knee.Say hello to Lyn Muller for me ( not Ross ).
Frank Williams.

p.s. I hope to be up in Mackay at the end of October, my niece is getting married. So I may drop in to the bowl.

burdekin open

[/b]
I would just like to say a big thankyou to all the staff that helped me produce what i think the best Open in North Queensland thus far. All the staff were there when i needed them and of course where would we be with out the Nucifora Clan, thanks bosses.
I hope everone that participated in the weekend open enjoyed themselves and i hope to see eveyone of you back next year for a bigger and better tournament. I would like to say a big congratulation to my boss for winning and to Carl and Brandon for their placings and especially would like to thenk all the other bowlers weather from south or north or just the locals these are the people that really make the tournament. John,Sam and Rob thanks for the calcutta you really know how to sell a person.
Again thanks everyone for making it a very special weekend and seeing some exceptional bowling thrown in

Helen :D :D

[/quote]There is always a solution to the problem so find it.

BURDEKIN OPEN FINALS STANDINGS

Sorrry guys i forgot to put the final standings up.

1st Sam Nucifora Jnr 224 ave
2nd Carl Bottomley 204ave
3rd Brandon Qualifcheski 205ave
4th Rob Buckley 200ave
5th Angelo Nucifora 201ave
6th Craig Hembrow 195 ave
7th Trent Bosel 191 ave
8th George Frilingos 191 ave
9th Billy Gardiner 188ave
10th Laurie Hill 190ave
11th Chris Quail 176ave
12th Shaun Dunn 174ave

Nice Going Sam, sounds like it was a good tournament, good stuff 8)

Are they Burdekin slacks your wearing there Sammy? :)

I think your prize should be revoked for not abiding by the dress code! :D

Well done mate! Good win, no one came close, you must have bowled on the left hey? :lol:

Slacks?

Yeah RC i did have to bowl on the left as that was the only place there was oil (lol) well i started left anyway. Nah it was a good tourny and cant wait to go to Nationals now thanx mate.

Re: Slacks?

brown beach boy said:
Nah it was a good tourny and cant wait to go to Nationals now thanx mate.

Mate I hope you use that Cheque to buy yourself some new pants to wear at the Nationals. :wink:

Are you sure that photo wasn't taken before the event started!!!!!!! :lol:

Mate well bowled and congrats on winning the event !

Jase

$3000.00

Hey Jas you mean to tell me i cant wear those pants at the nationals? Thats all us hill billys own this is so unfair. Its too hot up here to wear anything below the knees.
See you in Melbourne you pig

Back
Top Bottom