Brush off the cob webbs,dust off the shoes.

Would we love to see them both back

• Yes of course we would

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • NO (is not an option)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
There are some great young bowlers here in QLD but just because they bowl 300 doesn't mean you can compete. It's just one game, an achievement definitely but still one game.

You need a vehicle for everyone to be a part of. You want everyone to feel they have a chance but reward those that have done the hard yards. In QLD you would have to select Brando, Carl and George as they are the dominant players without question and have made the sacrifices necessary to warrant selection.

And what about you Terry, would you consider nominating ? No one could argue that you haven't put in the hard yards

Jase said:
Samael,
I do believe that the South Qld Rachuig Team doesn't belong to me. Please correct me if I am wrong. But I might add it would be for the good of Qld bowling to see them both represent there state again. If I made a comment about them being close to one of the top two bowlers this state has produced (even with Kelly not bowling) I don’t think we would get to many arguments from anyone who visits this site. As for staking this team so we can get a win, I don’t think having your BEST bowlers representing there state is called staking. I think it’s called competing at the elite level.
Does age come into it?
Even if Carl was fifty, I recon he would be good enough
Come on you guys you know you want too!

Way to show a lack of sense of humour :rolleyes:

Im qld through and through, i dont care who bowls, how good they are or their age. You need to lighten up a little bit, took my comment faaaaarrr too seriously.

Well putting them down on paper wiould go like this for me,assuming everyone was available, the players that i would select would be

George Frilingos
Carl Bottomley
Brandon Qualishefski
Morty Douglas
Zane Que
Adam Lack
Ben Coupland

But i agree also with the pick 4, roll 3, total selection is the last option that should be used

Not a bad Team

This would be my select 7

George Frilingos
Carl Bottomley
Brandon Qualishefski
Morty Douglas
Zane Que
Andrew Drew
Brain Pilkington

Just a rough draft of course

Here is another possible way to select the team ...

Top 2 Ranked Bowlers in the Australian Rankings.
Top 2 from the Sports series.
Top 2 from the AMF Grand Prix series.
Top 1 from the Twin Tour Scratch averages.

This would, currently, give you the following team ...

George Frilingos
Brando
Carl Bottomley
Adam Lack
Darryl Alford
Albert Mazzoni
Jim Murray.

The Ladies team I'd do a little differently ... Top 2 National Rankings and then top 5 scratch from the Twin Tour (they all seem to play in this...) the team would read ...

Kate Wilton
Bec Simpson (although i hear she has moved)
Linda Green
Christene Webster
Alicia Meads
Carole Woodward
Kylie Lack

This would reward the bowlers playing in regular tournaments. There would also be a criteria set down so that everyone knows what they have to do to get in the side ....

Just another idea ...

This is how i would select my 7

George Frilingos
Carl Bottomley
Brandon Qualishefski
Jason Pearson (Captain)
Zane Que
Andrew Drew
Tony Hamilton

Now isnt this team the S@#t or what.

The Girls team as follows

Kate Wilton
Tanya Stevenson
Linda Green
Kellie Hart
Alicia Meads
Amanda Frost
Mindy Flewellen

On achievements the mens team:

Carl
George
Brando
Mark Ramsey
Terry Wenban
Andrew Drew
Morty Douglass/ Micheal Zenvelt (sorry if spelt wrong)

On form:
Carl
George
Brando
Micheal
????
????
????

Really doesnt matter what concept people come up with its not going to suit everyone. 4/3 idea is good but the selected should be done before rolling off.

hamster
tony hamilton

I think for your team you would have to include Mickey Z and Pilko. I can't believe QLD has not won this event with the talent there is here in QLD.

And yes I have avoided the question Dale ... I have thought about it though but Carl is mandatory, plus George and Brando. Mickey Z is impressive.

Ok on current form/experience and in no particular order:

Carl
George
Brando
Pilko
Mickey Z.
Lacky
Terry W.

I think this is a team balanced with youth & experience, power & accuracy as well as all having proven talent. I would love to include Mark Ramsay, but he already bowls with injury, not saying that he couldn't keep up the pace for 3 days, just thinking of the team going in with 7 & coming out with 7.

carl without a doubt.
drewy. i bowl with this guy week in week out. his knowlodge of the game is wow.
micky. awsome bowler.
george. good bowler always a consistent performer.
brando. awsome bowler been overseas. has the knowledge.
zane que. heres a name that people have left out. guy is a awsome bowler.
pilko.

just my opinion.

luke green

Jase said:
It's 5.30am and i sit in front of the computer with hot coffee in hand checking out what’s been happening in the world of total bowling overnight: sleeping: . Eyes barely open i decide to check out the main forum.
My eye lids fly back: shock: spilt coffee everywhere i am now fully awake!!!!
There is a very strong chance that Mr. Carl Bottomley and Miss Kelly Warren could NOMINATE for RACHUIG in 2006.yes your reading it correct i read it 3 times before deciding to post this in here.
Now let’s all get behind the pair of them and make this happen, is 2006 the turning point for Rachuig. This is one of the biggest News Flash's QLD bowling has needed for decades.
Now my Question too you both is what is it going to take to get the other ones name down to bowl. I mean Mr. Bottomley’s words were
Kelly for goodness sake get your name down ;)
Come-on everyone lets get behind these two great Champions and see them back on the lanes Representing there state AGAIN.
p.s Where is the little Garden Gnome now ? All we need is his nomination too.:D
Sounds like awesome news

I love watching Carl bowl

i think ive still got the tape somewhere of the game he bowled on Channel 9 against Dana Miller Mackie in the early 9s

I think it was the closest to a 300 they got in that coke classic

The Spanner said:
No one has mentioned Damien McAndrew either .... he's ranked top 10 in Australia ...

If the nationals were north of Brisbane i'd maybe consider it. Spanner you had a chance to slot him in your star studded line up someone has to miss out sooner or later.

Which brings another question ... when do you pick the team?

Do you pick it in February, to let the guys raise some money and let them get prepared, or do you pick it in August, so you have the form bowlers competing?

Steve, my post regarding my team was just another way of picking the team, letting everyone know what they had to do to get in ... if I was picking the team myself, I don't think it is exactly who i would pick. Still, I think my team has some merit.

The Spanner said:
Which brings another question ... when do you pick the team?
Do you pick it in February, to let the guys raise some money and let them get prepared, or do you pick it in August, so you have the form bowlers competing?

What would you suggest Spanner?

Back
Top Bottom