Brisbane Area Masters Champions

hamster

Just a Bowler
Congratulations to Darrin Comrie and Taya Reggars on winning their respective divisions today.

The women’s division was pretty much an one act affair with Taya leading from game 2 and increasing her lead from then on. In a close affair for the minor placings, Katie Kroehnert held on for 2nd with Krystal King 3rd and Cindy Phelan coming 4th.

Placings: ( 8 games, avg )
1st Taya Reggars 1772, 221.5
2nd Katie Kroehnert 1577, 197.1
3rd Krystal King 1564, 195.5
4th Cindy Phelan 1559, 194.8

The Men’s Division was a keen affair with up to 10 bowlers vying for the top 4 spots going into the last 2 games. Finishing top qualifier was Jason Clark (1944, 243 avg) ahead of Darrin Comrie (1859, 232.3). Tony Hamilton (1828, 228.5) was 3rd and Gary Negus(1817, 227.1) was 4th, just two pins in front of Brett Flewellen ( 1815, 226.8).

The first stepladder match ( Hamilton v Negus) was a tight encounter going down to the tenth frame, with Tony winning 227 to 222.

The Second Match ( Comrie v Hamilton) was a one act affair with Darrin taking control from the 4th Frame leaving Tony in his wake. Darrin winning 258 to 204.

The Final ( Clark v Comrie) was almost like the previous match with Darrin stamping his authority from the 5th frame. Jason tried hard but could no go with Darrin who powered on winning 257 to 215.

Final results:
1st: Darrin Comrie 515 ( 2 games)
2nd: Jason Clark 215 ( 1 game )
3rd: Tony Hamilton 431 ( 2 games)
4th: Gary Negus 222 ( 1 game )

High Game: 289 to Ben Johns (Men)
257 to Cindy Phelan (Women)

Thank you to Greg and Colleen for a great tournament. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekends bowling, set a pb too. Thanks to Rod Parker for putting my name down and bowling teams with me as well as Aden Roffey and Ben Johns. Johnsy you are a champion junior, congrats on your effort, pb too I think.
Congrats to Darrin and Taya and all who placed this weekend.

Grant - GO ROTO!

I also would like to say thank you to Colleen, Greg and the BATBA team for running another great event over the last two weekends.

Congrats to the winners across the board from the squads and Darrin and Taya for their respective wins in the Masters and (sorry was not there) the winners of the Restricted Masters.

Lastly I would like to thank all the bowlers who came out to Aspley and rolled in the squads, cause let's face it without the support of the BATBA bowlers we would not have events like this. KUDOS to you all

Jason C

Restricted Masters winners Brett Flewellen for the men and Kasey Smith for the ladies.

Thank you Greg and Colleen for another great weekend.
With special mention to Sharp Plywood for their sponsorship of the Masters.

Darrin Comrie

Well done to all who bowled and especially to the winners.....but Brett Flewellen Restricted ????? man....no average maintenance there...lol

yeah yeah....165 or something I hear......anyone would think you were trying out for holt mate......anyway..well done :)

Back
Top Bottom