Bowling tips for newbies needed!

M

Macho Nacho

Right, as you may be able to tell from my sig and my PB i do not bowl for any club or whateva. I just enjoy occasionally going out with friends andgiving it a go...

Well i was hell happy when i got my 110 but its not enough :) hahaha

anyway could i have some tips on how i could improve this, keeping in mind its only recreational and blah blah blah

**added**... please :cry:

First of all, if you are aiming at the pins, you need to change where you aim at. With a straight ball, you need to maximise your angle into the 1-3 or (1-2 for lefties) pocket. Draw a line from the pocket back to where the arrows are. That is where you should be aiming. Just try and consistently hit that target, and you should at least knock more pins down on each go.

Same thing goes when shooting at spares. Draw a line back to the arrows, and that is what you aim at. For left or right side spares, it is best if you shoot at them across the lane (i.e. stand on the left to shoot at right side spares, vice versa). This will increase your margin for error, giving you a better chance to pick up the spare.

Getting tips from a newsgroup is difficult when you are a beginner. Go to the front counter at the bowling center, ask if they have any learn to bowl classes and join one.

Otherwise there are bowling sites all over the net that provide tips on bowling, look through some and you will be amazed what you find.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

Back
Top Bottom