BOWL YOUR WAY TO VEGAS!!!!!

Well done to Brett Smith on winning the first stop of the series.
Brett defeated Paul Robinson in the final. 246 to 185.
3rd Ian Strahan
4th Andrew Thorpe
5th Narelle Baker

All scores will be posted later. Thank you to all bowlers how participated in todays tournament. It was a very testing condition.

Well done to Greg Brooks on winning the ball proudley sponsored by QUBICA AMF
Greg was the highest place country bowler.

Thanks John for all the work you put in beforehand and running the event today, job well done. Testing condition but that's exactly what we signed up for, well done to Brett on his win today. Piss poor effort on those no-shows.

Well done Brett,you throw a great shot
I'm sure you will win plenty more..

I left before the presentations didn't know about the ball
thanks heaps leave it Keon Park.i'll pick it up during the week..

Don't forget i have the next VSS up here in Bendigo. Also Highway to Hell.

Well done Clemmo very well run tournament. Testing condition strikes didn't come easy and sparing was a little tougher! Well done Brett good win.
Hope to see more at the next tournament.
cheers.
Ian.S

And as for Craig and others doing the honorable thing..do you think that continually signing up for tournaments and then withdrawing your name just before the scheduled date is honorable? I don't..I think it's completely unfair to the tournament organizers! ............

Wayne,

I advise you to go back through those VSS threads and look at where I put my "entry" in. This is the first and hopefully last event that I will enter where I have to withdraw.

When the dates for the VSS were released I knew that I was not able to bowl in any of the 4 events. However, due to miscommunication with another bowler, my name was put down for the first three events, and upon seeing my name down I withdrew. What else do you expect me to do when someone else has put my name down without me knowing? Just not turn up and then be named and shamed (much like you have tried to do here).

Looks like it is time for me to go to your VSS event and see if my name has magically appeared as a starter.

Congratulations to everyone who bowled today, I hope to read (or hear) some of the stories of your experiences in the near future.

Craig

OK Craig....I now see it was Jimmy Bowles who put your name down for each of the VSS events. In looking back through the threads however, not once in your withdrawal posts did you ever say that you were entered in error. And I would've thought a smart man youe yourself would have spoken to James Bowles after the first time or at the very least told the promoters that you didn't want someone else putting down your name to bowl...and not waited for it to happen again and again.

You're more than welcome to come up to Bendigo and have a go in the next event. I'll wait til i hear from you personally.

It seems the content of my posts to this thread have ruffled some feathers in the ViC bowling scene and have been sent PM's regarding these.

To those who have been offended by these, I do apologise for any offence taken even though none inferred to a particular person/s.

What kind of world are we in if a person cannot voice an opinion EH????

Would have bowled but as I am not available to bowl in a few of the events decided to give them a miss but after this one may decide to bowl a few just for the tough conditions.

Well done on a good first up run of the series John and to those that bowled. Looked like the highway to hell proved just that. Remember bowling on it in the tournament on the gold Coast a few years back and know how tough it is.

Hi Guys, I have just added a new section to the site. I thought it would be interesting to know about or fellow bowlers. If you interested in being apart just fill out the details the more the merrier. Sorry about the photo thats the only one i had that i could put up.
http://challengerseries.synthasite.com/bowlers.php
Just click on the link i have already done one for myself it would be great to get most bowlers on there.

If you Vics don't appreciate the opportunity bring it to Queensland and we'll have 40+ there. Well done Clem on your efforts, don't be afraid to come up this way

If you Vics don't appreciate the opportunity bring it to Queensland and we'll have 40+ there. Well done Clem on your efforts, don't be afraid to come up this way
One problem George? You Queenslanders would not have 15 boards to hit and who up there wants to bowl below a 240ave?

Sure is.The last one went to Greg Brooks the highest non cashing Country bowler. Greg has not recieved the ball as yet but if you read this Greg can you please PM me and i will arrange the shipment of your ball.

The next tournament will be giving away another ball from QUBICA to the highest non cashing youth bowler. Entries can still be made at http://challengerseries.synthasite.com/enter-tournament.php

Updated list still 3 weeks to get your entries in.
1 DARREN BIANCHI
2 IAN STRAHAN
3 ANDREW THORPE
4 PAUL ROBINSON
5 BRETT SMITH
6 DAVID PORTO
7 SCOTT MOORE
8 SHANE JEFFERY
9 SHANE HADLUM
10 GREG BROOKS
11 MAC STEWART
12 LINDSAY KILPATRICK