Betting in Tenpin Bowling

Im not sure if this has already been discussed on this forum. I'm curious to know has Tba or tournament directors considered this as an option to allow betting sites and or bookmakers access to the sport?? Which would clearly lift the profile of the sport in Australia to a level which has never been seen, increased coverage and marketing of major events like the Australian Open or Melbourne cup as an example, weather we like it or not this could be a major step to lifting the profile of game with the general population. Yes the sport could be open to corruption just like cricket football tennis so that as a argument to be honest is not a valid reason not to, Thoughts??

Mark

How would gambling, a tax levied by mathematically astute bookmakers on those who aren't as good at calculating probability, "raise the profile" of the sport?

The connection is lost on me, but boy, could you fix some matches with COSI code!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

why so negative Jason? ;-) I might be looking at this wrong, but the way of lifting the profile of the sport would be everyday Australians not involved in the game, being able to bet on it, which in turn would create interest from people outside the bowling community!.. as I said I might be looking at this from a different angle, nothing else is working! so why not look outside the box.

Ive been employed in the gambling industry for over 40 years and I can tell you with certainty that this will never happen. Its not a case of letting them bet on bowling...the realitity is they wouldnt want to. Corporate bookies and the TAB are only interested in betting on high profile sports because thats where the turnover is. The amount bet on bowling would be small and it wouldnt justify their time and the effort needed to be spent on it. To even get them interested the sport would need to be regularly seen on TV and newspapers etc. Over the years markets have been offered on quite a few lower profile sports like, local football and cricket and they didnt last long. Its just not realistic with bowlings low profile.

Back
Top Bottom