BELMO'S TICKLED PINK

elsie

A 'good news' story, in case you haven't heard ...

cheers,
lc

Multi-award winning Aussie bowler, Jason Belmonte and his wife Kimberly are overjoyed at the recent arrival of their daughter, Aria Rose.

‘For as long as my heart beats, January 2nd, 2010 will forever be one of the proudest moments in my life’ said the PBA Rookie of the Year. ‘Once a bub inside my wonderful wife's belly, is now a bub who entered the world with eyes wide open and a pair of lungs Pavarotti would have been proud of,’ said Belmo.

‘Weighing 9 lbs 14.5 oz, standing 53 cm tall and wearing a pair of deep blue eyes, Aria Rose Belmonte became our first child. ‘She also became the first grand child to both my parents and Kimberly's parents and she became the first niece to KJ's brother and his wife, and my sister and her fiancé,’ he continued.

‘As first-time parents, we have been thrown into the deep end and we are loving it. No matter how loudly she cries, no matter how late into the night that cry is, Kimberly and I both look at each other and without muttering a single word know exactly what we are both thinking - We are the luckiest people alive.

‘Kimberly and I spent a few nights in the maternity ward at Orange Base. The midwives and doctors there have been nothing but brilliant. ‘Special thanks must go to Doctor Katrina Green who delivered Aria with perfect precision and care. Katrina, from the deepest part of our hearts - Thank you for our gift!

‘So this is what being a part of the 'daddy's club' feels like - best club in the world…can't wait to be a multiple member,’ he added, smiling.

‘As for bowling news - I leave in just a few days to compete in the second half of the PBA season. To keep my place on tour I must stay within the top 40 in points and like I have said before, the PBA waits for no one.

‘Oh, and to answer a question I have been asked quite often lately - "Will Aria be a two-handed bowler too?"

‘I’ll see how she swings a Tennis racquet first,’ he quipped.

Latest information on Belmo’s bowling career and forthcoming tournament schedule can be found at http://www.jasonbelmonte.com

Aria. Italian for "air" or an elaborate song for a solo voice.

Seems very appropriate either way!

Congratulations Kimberly and Jason. I wish you every joy and wonder with your new baby girl.

As a result of reading her name, I suspect I shall have Léo Delibes Flower Duet (ok, it's technically not an aria) or Mozart's "Air" in my head for the rest of the day. (You all know them folks, even if you don't know the name.) If her name can trigger such beautiful thoughts for me, then I can't imagine what she must do for you.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom