Belmo Warned by PBA Officials

I for one am an avid and keen fan of the PBA Tour. Seeing the name 'Jason Belmonte' on three television shows on one of the greatest bowling tours you can possibly imagine with some of the best bowlers in the world bowling some of the best matches, best scores and best full stop...well, if you're a bowling fan, it really doesn't get any better than that! Just think...somebody from Australia is going out there and making it big, like so many other Aussies of the likes of Cara Honeychurch have done (having herself notched up a few PWBA tour titles when she was competing...go the lefties!).

I am saddened to see Jason and Sean having such dramas as I am sure they both are, but I for one am so proud to hear that Jason has gone up to Sean and asked for a discussion. That's got to have been one of the toughest things he has ever had to do and I could not be any happier to hear that he has done so. Mate, my hat goes off to you and my heart goes out to you. I am a massive fan of yours and every achioevement you accomplish for the sport of bowling is something I for one admire, as I know many others do.

To name a few? Your World Tenpin Masters crown, bowling a 300 on the very same show! Your first PBA Tour title. Your numerous other TV show appearances. Even your 300's throughout the week in tour qualifying rounds. You have got so much talent and I think it's fantastic you're showing the world that :) Another accomplishment is what Jason so very commonly talks about in being from Orange. Jason comes from one of the nicest bowling families you will ever meet and in my years of bowling in Junior tournaments at Orange I never felt more welcome. I loved bowling Orange Junior Country Cup and I'll always remember the time I fluked some money in Saturday night Skins! :)

I myself in the past and not to name any examples or bring up any past moments but have had the experience of bowling with what seems or feels like a target on your back. I love the game of bowling and it can be a tough place to be in, but I love my bowling and I love the thrill of the competition when I shoe up, regardless of whether it be a league or Nationals. That chance to show people what you can do is so cool!

I'm also glad you spoke to the bowling community on Totalbowling, Belmo, and told your side of the story. Again, that takes a lot of guts and I thank you also for taking the time out of such a busy schedule to speak to everyone. Jason is in my experiences one of the kind of guys to go up to old friends and have lengthy discussions. And that's in my opinion who he always has and always will be. Good on you, Belmo!

If there's one thing you must know it is this - you'll always have fans on your side cheering you on away from all this drama. The true fans who love their bowling and love seeing the Aussie thunder from down under show the world what he can do.

Cheers,

Rowey :)

P.S One day I'll stop being scared next time you're in Oz and ask you for an autograph, yeah? Everybody always laughs at me for that!

Hey Belmo,
You really didn't have to explain the situation but you did and good on you. I know what sort of person you are, so just go out there a do what you do best. Bowl!!
Cheers Lovey

Belmo,

Ive watched from start to finish all the qualifing etc of this yrs World Series of Bowling and could not imagine how had it must of been for you to focus on something else other than Rash at the time
It really goes to show how much class you have in coming on to this site and giving us an explaination when clearly none of us need to know...

Your doing all of us who support you from Australia proud over there champ
Knock'em dead on TV and silence those critics

Regards
Jimmy Bowles

Back
Top Bottom