Belmo Warned by PBA Officials

Guys the PBA are loving all this hype and making mountain out of mole hills...look at how much response this little clip as got...

I actually spoke to Belmo today and was told the whole story....I am not saying he was in the right but there is more too it then what that small clip states.

We all know Rash and Belmo do not get along...everytime they bowl against or near each other the PBA are going to milk it for everything they have got...not this may not be good for the sport but it is creating alot of attention which is what the PBA want and need. Get used to it....I am sure it wont be the last Belmo / Rash event we are discussing on here.

Does anyone know if the 'bottle incident' was the start of this bad behaviour on both sides, or was there something prior to that?

If it was the bottle incident, Belmo should have not done it, as it was not the first time. Supposing that he had done it previously essentially automatically and unaware of it's disturbing nature, which is entirely possible, as we can all develop little habits that we're unaware of, which others can find very off-putting, then the first incident should have 'switched him on' to it.

The cracking of a plastic drink bottle can be quite loud and off-putting depending on the circumstances, and if deliberate would be very bad sportsmanship. The circumstances need to be taken into account.
Among spectators at a football match, for instance, - What noise?? Who would know or care?

When bowling, I have at times had completely unruly social bowlers, 'having fun' next to me. I can completely tune them out, and just do my own thing. I remember one league night in Lismore a few years ago, and 6 on next lane yelling at every shot, dancing at the foul line, and rushing past when I was 2 steps into my approach. I bowled three games over 230.

When bowling in any sort of comp, where everyone is doing all the right things,etiquette-wise, some sudden noise or movement , even on the periphery of my vision, often, despite my best efforts, sees me often miss my target by a mile. BECAUSE, UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES - I'M NOT EXPECTING IT ! It's a lot different from the football match situation.

That being said, the PBA could'nt extract anything from this if both, or indeed either of these people decided to act like adults.

And, if onlookers ( like us ) decided to try to judge what's happening on the basis of the best information available, and not on the nationality of the players, we would all be the better for it.

These "dramas" between Rash & Belmo have done nothing much other than get people talking about the PBA, I know in all the years i've been in this forum, the PBA has barely had a mention until bottlegate started....

I agree, it's not a great look for the sport, if that's all they have to promote & market it, but, it is achieving one thing for sure, and that is a lot of talk around the world, about the PBA, that in itself is marketing at work....

I feel we shouldn't even be discussing it at all...NONE of us know the facts about what has gone on between these two bowlers in mention...By discussing it on a "He said She said basis", opens it right up for arguments for those in favor or against it...If these guys have an issue with each other than let them sort it out...

All we are doing is debating what may or quite frankly may not have happened...

I agree rules are rules and EVERYONE and not one person is exempt of them...BUT can you please just debate that issue and not start judging peoples character and tarnish peoples reputations or even start judging these two bowlers without knowing 110% what actually has gone on between these two guys...

He got off with a warning? Lucky guy! Just about everyone who has been a PBA member has had a score card violation, me included.

I haven't read all the new rules, but back then Ferraro got fined with me, because we were supposed to check each other's scores for accuracy of recording and addition. He walked off in a huff after a bad block (he used the wrong ball for most of the squad), leaving me (in my first national event) to check both sheets while the next squad was crowding in for practice. I made a mistake and Dave and I got fined. Does the fact that Dave Ferraro was my opposite number that day make him a jerk? No, he was one already. :) Maybe if I'd reported Dave at the time, I might have got off the fine. I don't know and don't care to be honest. Maybe that's why Rash reported Jason, maybe there's more to it. Again, I don't know and don't care to be honest. It's not my fight and I think it just detracts from the bowling. But just about everyone who has been a PBA member has had a score card violation, me included and probably a couple of other guys that day. It happens. A lot. And yes, it sucks when it's you, just like any other minor speeding or parking fine.

At some point, one of these guys is going to behave like a urbane, perfect gentleman to the other. And the one left being the "tough guy" is going to be left looking stupid. It'll be as easy as revving your car at the lights next to some meat head, then letting them tear off like crazy while you quietly turn left.

Then the PBA will have no story. And sometimes, nothing is better than something. Especially if you're one of these guys and this dispute is what you currently have. It's worthless. Throw it away for the dross that it is.

I feel we shouldn't even be discussing it at all...NONE of us know the facts about what has gone on between these two bowlers in mention...By discussing it on a "He said She said basis", opens it right up for arguments for those in favor or against it...If these guys have an issue with each other than let them sort it out...

All we are doing is debating what may or quite frankly may not have happened...

I agree rules are rules and EVERYONE and not one person is exempt of them...BUT can you please just debate that issue and not start judging peoples character and tarnish peoples reputations or even start judging these two bowlers without knowing 110% what actually has gone on between these two guys...

Well said Jase (as usual)...

Bowlers on the PBA are warned and fined constantly for MINOR discrepancies..do we have a mass forum about those??? Do we even see video footage of those???? No why because it is NOTHING....however as I said previously anything with Rash and Belmo involved the PBA is going to get straight on the media train!

There is always rivalry in all sports..however this is the first time since I can recall that on the PBA there is quite a public one because of previous events. Anyone that attended the Nationals would have seen that Belmo and Rash were not at each others throats....you wouldnt have even known there was a rivarly if you didnt know the history.

Everything is going to get blown up...and look at the end of the day PBA is getting what it wants..forums like this have three pages of discussion about a none event at the WSOB. There should be forum talking about the amazing effort of Rash making all 5 shows, or how the internationals have stepped up and shown that bowling is an itnational sport with the best not just being from the USA (yeah I said it)...but no we are all talking about this one insignificant event.

On the money Jarrod.

I think they should settle it with a scorecard of who can make the most polite gestures toward the other over the current season with the loser buying the winner a beer at the end. OK, make it a premium beer. (Wouldn't it be value to poke fun at the PBA's media guys like that?)

Cheers,
Jason

the way I see it is that they are both "professionals" of the sport and should act accordingly - professional.

The PBA Forum has made no mention of this incident. That in itself gives an indication of the significance (or lack thereof) of the incident. Nothing to see here. Time to move on.

Seems like it doesn't matter which country it is, people will always make a comment based off here say or wrong information.
Surprises me that this forum would jump to so many conclusions because most of you have actually meet me and actually know who I am. Well i thought so.

In regards to this incident - just to clear up the wrong information.
I had gone to the bathroom before Sean had completed his final frame. Being that i finished the game first I am supposed to write down the scores. But as long as you tell someone where you are going (in this case I was going to the toilet, I told the Brunswick ball rep to tell Sean where I had gone) its never an issue.
When i came back from the toilet, i was in the middle of this "score card fiasco" and had no idea what was going on. I was then warned so at that point I was then under the assumption that the ball rep did not tell Sean, hence why he got mad. But after i asked the rep if he told him, his answer was he did and that was not the case.
So unless, i was able to see his score from the 3rd stall in the loo, i was unable to write his scores down.
Our personal issues were the reason this score thing happened. Something I hoped would not happen.

But i appreciate those who decide to make comments about me, my reputation and my character based off a clip that does not include the full story.

Sean is a distraction to me and I am to him. I had no choice but to make him invisible to me during the pro tour. I can not afford any distractions, let alone one as large as him and our situation.

I then decided to approach him at the end of that block, explain to him that he had now become a distraction to me, like i clearly was to him and asked for a chance to discuss our issues.

We have had that chat and a ESPN interview will be conducted and you will know everything. (feel free people to make what ever comment about me you want after you see this interview)

Im so very sadden and tired by the accusations of me and my character. Im so very tired of people claiming they know me and what i do when the reality is they dont.
Some people on this forum have made that clear to me also, some surprising, some i expected.

Thank you to all those out there who have supported me and have been brave enough to actually ask the right questions rather than comment on 2 minute clips.

Jason Belmonte

Jason,
what you say is quite right. We can only comment with any fairness if we know the actual facts. Maybe you would like to read my post on the third page again, and answer the questions which are inherent in it, and give us the true facts, from the beginning. You are, as you know, a person of great stature in the tenpin world here at home. Celebrity does have it's advantages and disadvantages, some of which you will suffer or gain from.
When this general subject came up on this forum before, it seemed to me that the great majority jumped to your side, and there were some really nasty posts about the " other side ". Such is fame . sometimes it bites - sometimes it doesn't
Regards...Jim

In fairness to some of those who posted they never questioned Belmo, they just said rules are rules. To quote someone else "mountain out of a mole hill".

Belmo...

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to reply and setting the record straight.

I'm sure we all wish you good luck for the rest of the WSOB. :)

Back
Top Bottom