Belmo - 2 300's in the Plastic ball Championship

Jason Belmonte
X30 X60 X90 X120 X150 X180 X210 X240 X270 XX9 299

Damn!!!!

Good bowling belmo... 10 pin no doubt.

No it was a stone 8 pin that Belmo buried dead flush! sickening. Good thing is that he top seed for the show, one match away from winning in the centre he won at last year using plastic too.

This is one fantastic showing for Belmo.....just freakish to be averaging in the 240's using nothing but plastic. To almost have 5x300's for the week too - just phenomenal.

Good luck for the show Belmo, Australia is behind you.

Just wondering if he will go back to the bigger stuff after this. Go Belmo you good thing.

Deano

First match ....
They just said the condition is the Shark pattern with one exception, it has half the amount of oil than normal. They are having to bowl inside second arrow, quite fast and tight but cannot bowl outside as the there is no friction and deep has too much oil as well.
Basically it is a ditch down second arrow and it is funny watching them have some room to play with but they are playing down the lane.

Garber wins the first game with 258. He has a strange approach due the a knee tendon injury falling on his knees carrying luggage.
Garber bowled through 15 board at 20mph, Machuga through 20 board slightly slower.
Still funny to see them have room and nearly leaving 8-10's.
You can submit a question for Belmo to answer.

Did an interview with Mark Roth - he used the yellow dot quite effectively and he used to practice by taping a dime down and practiced hitting it. A dime is about the size of a 1 cent piece.

Interesting comments.
All the players are bowling 16lbs which they don't normally do and Walter Ray said on the normal Shark pattern the plastic ball wouldn't hook at all.
Petraglia made an interesting commnet about Walter Ray in that he doesn't hook it much but he always has the ball revolving towards the pocket, never having to come back to it - note to self must try this.
Sorry my commentary skills are rusty, been twenty years but looking forward to the title match.

Both Garber and Walter Ray bowling 12 - 13 board. Sorry so many posts too but my memory isn't good these days.

Second match
Walter Ray wins with 280, ringing 10 in the second frame.
Trivia -
Walter Ray is giving Belmo a ride to Baltimore for the last stop.
Mark Roth bwoled for the title 30 times over the three years '77, '78, '79
On a personal note I bowled with Walter Ray in Syracuse in 1983 and winged because I shot 240 and he shot 180 .... guess I showed him .... not, the man is awesome and he will be wanting Belmo's scalp if he gets there.

Third match
Zieseg wins with 255 - great match. He shoots first, 7-10 from the pocket the a cold 8 and then strikes with a carried 2-8 from a light hit and if looks could kill Zieseg would be dead from Walter Ray. Walter Ray by the way lost his hook and left a 5 pin and weak 10. Great Match .... and Zieseg's daughter goes off in the crowd, she's about 7.

Title match
Zieseg wins after a roll-off 247 tie what a great match.
Belmo struck the last four shots and then Zieseg had to get up and strike out to tie.
Roll-off
Belmo goes high and leaves a stone cold 7 pin, pins jumped stright over the 7. Zieseg gets up and hits a little light and carries for the win.
The best match I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom