Belconen Hole opps Bowl

gjelectrics1
Get over it, let it go, otherwise it will get you, every time you walk into that centre you always be thinking about that one time, with the ACT champs coming up and you go down this path you will bowl shit. Then you will tell all that it’s the centres fault etc.

Now
Guinness (muddy water) bite your tongue, the nectar of the gods, do you see them sitting around drinking scotch and that murky water.

Greg

You left out Deveer when you said Juniors trounce Seniors and Rachuig teams, do you think you could beat the juniors?

Reg

If you believe that Deveer could trounce the seniors and Rachuig teams scratch then there must have been some very interesting ( as one listee said) score management.

I do believe that you do need to encourage the juniors and what better way that to have all rolling off together, but offcourse if you think that they could beat you ..........well. :oops: :oops:

stormy

Michael,

I have no problems with the ACT Oakford Disabled Rep team filling one of the spots and sorry to all for not thinking of the Oakford team before. I’m not actually organising this – just trying to encourage interest and hopefully finding an opportunity for us all to have some serious training and National’s preparation.

Stormy,
As said previously there is plenty of room for juniors, seniors, Rachuig and by the looks of it the Oakford team as well for 2nd spot, 1st is obviously reserved for De Veer (until someone can prove otherwise). If Matt can come up with a Legends team then I guess they will be fighting it out amongst them selves for the wooden spoon – after all haven’t they already passed everything they know on to the younger generation.

Reg,

Good to see you have had a positive outcome with Wendy.

On the issue of format and handicap, how about using the highest average for either a bowlers state roll off averages, or either last year or this years nationals average as an individual entering average. Still based on 100% of 210 or something similar. This should elevate issues of “average management”. After all if you can average 200+ in rolloffs or nationals then you should be able to do the same in a friendly against other state teams. (For example taking a De Veer bowler, if their roll off average for this year was 180, and they averaged 165 in last years De Veer event then their entering average for this state team’s challenge would be 180.)

Good luck to all the ACT bowlers at the NSW Open this weekend.

Greg.

Hey Greg, i was asking Scott because he would know Reg better than anyone and due to i have never met Reg, thought his info would be more accurate

By the way whats an APF??

all these points like being back at school.

and listen Mr Smith & Charlton, its a CENTRE alright......lol

I'll let u tell Roy the joke (no joke) next time u see him

Hey Stormy, do the Juniors get to use the same averages they used in Melb at the Nationals if so, they'll blow em all away

All in All each of us is defending the centre they bowl in or hold fonder memories of.
Greg u obviously bowl at Belconnen, Drew worked a number of years at Woden and I bowl and work at Canberra International. So each one of us has every right to defend our own home, but in the same breathe not the right to blow up at the other centres and certainly not the way the staff treat you, in a public forum, but hey thats only my opinion. I would have thought if you were wanting a more professional reaction from the centre well it works both ways
If you have a problem speak to centre management or higher if you can. I know at Bowl Australia Roy, Brad and I are always welcome to any form of communication. Whether it be good or bad.
Unfortunately i have had the unpleasant experience of being ripped into but hey i cant recall getting on here and telling the world about it and crying publicly.

I cant speak on behalf of the other centres but at CIB we endeavour to provide the best possible environment every day, sometimes this doesnt happen and we're not happy about it. I cant speak on Wendy's behalf but i'm sure she would be the same as would Scott be and every other centre around the country

I personally think we've drawn this topic out long enough now and everyone knows where each one of us stands. :roll:

Finally just let me know which day you guys are having this challenge so i can book the lanes for you at CIB :lol:

First of all any act team that bowls for the state should be welcome in the challenge. Now as i said i belive the challenge should be scratch and i am sure you can read i only said we might beat the open teams in a few games not the whole thing!! As for scoops I think you will find that now days Scott is not in the habbit of buying into topics relating to other centers as it might be seen as a conflict of interests. Also feel free to email me not Scott and i will tell you what ever you want about myself. Like i said before i don't think the challenge should have any handicaps its the experience not the victory. I would just be happy if we could get the full teams from any of the sides involved. :D :D :D

gjelectrics...Graham, i take it this is you....

I spoke to the management at woden about the unfortunate damage to your ball...

She informed me that the staff on duty at the time of the incident rang her and she advised them to give you her card and call her first thing on Tuesday...(this was the next day that she was at work) to discuss the incident and work out a solution.

As of lunch on friday....you still hadn't contacted her....for someone who seems a little upset by the damage and treatment they apparently received from the staff on duty....5 days is a long time to let it stew before taking action.... :?: :?:

Now instead of getting on here and blasting her, her staff and the alley...perhaps if you had made that call then this situation would have been rectified :? :?

If you beleive you have received what you consider poor treatment, then let the manager know...until such issues are brought to the attention the manager/owner of any business or organisation, then the appropriate action cannot be taken.

Im sure that if I managed/owned a businesses in which my staff gave you or anyone else poor service and as such were costing me potential $$ by you not returning, then i would appreciate some feedback.......not public abuse through an open forum....

Im also sure that you or anyone else out there wouldnt appreciate such feedback in respect to their business on such a forum....it means possible loss of income for their business and could in some situations open the poster to possible action through slander......

Bert

Back
Top Bottom