Belconen Hole opps Bowl

R

Reg Gooch

:evil: :twisted: :x

Hi all i need to find out if anyone else has the huge dislike to Belconen S**T hole as i do. Tonight i turned up to bowl league and when i had my first shot of practice i was disgusted. The lanes had not a spec of oil on them. Now normaly they are very dry but tonight was a joke. I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem of why it seems that the half wits that run the show there can't seem to get a decent condition for one of their biggest paying leagues. From what i heard they could not even get it right for the seniors masters on the weekend. I for one am sick of turning up there week in and week out to bowl on conditions where there is more oil in the carpark than on the lanes. I can honestly i will not be returning to this centre next year unless they start to give a sh*t about their league bowlers and at the moment it is obvious that they don't. How hard can it be all the other bowls up there can manage to give their leagues a fresh condition even for the trophy leagues, But time and time again these idiots can't get it right. Now most people would probably say he is just having a winge because he bowled bad, The case is that i can and have scored in all the bowls well lately except Belconen and the other people i have talked to seem to agree with me. After putting up with this for several months it gets a bit frustrating to have to do this every week and let me tell you after tonight i nearly pulled up at the first creek and threw my gear in it. I have brought nearly $700 worth of gear lately and in that dump it is not worth $7. Now i am sure that AMF is not that hard up that they can't afford to give us a fresh condition every week but if they are i am sure that there is enough bowlers that are just as pi*sed off as me with the dessert that would chip in and pay for some oil.
So after all of that is said and done feel free to tell me what is the problem. :x :x :x :( :(

Reg has a valid point. We bowl league at Belconnen, and just about every week our league lanes are trashed by about 40 school kids. I am pretty sure we have NEVER had fresh lanes for our "money" league.
Belconnen does not seem interested in it's league bowlers.

I don't think I will be back there next year either!

Belconnen

In all seriousness guys.

There is a great league at Woden we play in on Monday nights.

They are washed and oiled half an hour before the league and the value for money can't be beaten anywhere.

It's Trios format. Give me a Call or ask me about it and i'll give you all the details.

Drew

well it's good to see that one of the amf bowls looks after their league bowlers. Thanks Drew might do that not sure what to do yet. Just had a gut full of that dump!!!!

BELCONNEN

G'day All;
We are all entitled to our opinions. I have been told bad stories about all ACT centres, so I thought I might put in my 3 cents worth.
I can not make comment on woden as I have not bowled there for several years. :roll: I have bowled in the other 3 centers continuously and here is the way I rank the centres:
Belconnen is the most consistant, with the odd bad day.
Tuggeranong is a tough centre, other than the period where the oiling machine went Kput it is fairly consistant.
Queenbeyan is very seldom consistant.
Hey reg. that saying belongs to me [SH*T HOLE] only I reserve it for another centre.
I look forward to reading other peoples views on local centres and their conditions. :D :) :( :evil:
Ray Krueger

belco

hi all,

i bowl once a week at belconnen and i find that the lanes are fine every night. the consistancy is great (beter then the rest as ray already pointed out). I dont think it maters that the lanes dont get oiled 2 minutes before league or not, how bout some of you try adjusting your shot, or playing a flatter line?? Your ball may not move 35 boards but you will still knock the pins over. Try learning to read the lanes instead of causing havock!

And i do beleive mr krueger has a valid point and am willing to listen to him as he is rated as one of the top senior bowlers in australia, and i believe he also bowled well the other weekend during belconnens senior tournament.

Belconnen

Hi all,

From my experiences in Canberra all 4 centres do their best at all times to set up a playable condition. It is impossible to please everyone let me tell you. I spent a few years at woden trying to set up a shot that everyone can play their favorite area on in League there's still someone who will complain. Can only speak of recent experience when I say that all centres over a couple of weekends set up a pretty playable pattern.

Always found Queanbeyan to be consistant...Matty consistantly hammers the rest of us whenever we go there :p
Ray i'm suprised you don't like it out there...the left looks pretty good and the right isn't bad either.

There has been alot said about woden in the last couple of years but I can tell you the staff have been working their bums off trying to get that place into shape, having a pretty regular crew there for a while now has helped and now it is back to being a pretty good place to go bowl.

Belco has always been a good place to score, the last two rachuig roll offs and Canberra Opens have been pretty big and I don't expect the upcoming Canberra Open to be any different.

Tuggers is always good to bowl at. The lanes are always pretty easy to score on and you pretty much know what you're going to get everytime you walk through the door. (Still an alley though :p )

The best approach if you have some issues is to approach the manager in your local bowl and provide some constructive comment. Telling them the place is S**T will get you nowhere fast, all that does is put them offside. As I said before though it's impossible to please everyone. Have Fun Now and play nice. :p :D

:shock: For a start, you don't seem to have read Reg's main comment; there is "no oil on the lanes". This means that if you play a fairly big hook you go from (for a right handed bowler) the far right hand side of the lane, and hit way left of the head pin. How are you supposed to play a flatter shot??
What exactly do you mean by "Havoc"?
Also, I expect that the lanes were in fact oiled only a very short time prior to the masters commencing.

Just to put things back on track, the main comment was that the conditions for leagues that bowl around 45 weeks of the year are the mainstay of the industry. It would be fair to expect reasonable conditions for league (as you would for a tournament).

May your seven and ten pins always fall!

Graham

As a bowler i don't expect to have a perfect condtion every week i turn up to bowl, however i think it would be fair to say you should expect to get something. I have bowled at all the bowls in the area and i think that belconnen is up there when they have a resonable condition. Now i bowled last night and for the first time this year when i walked in the pin decks were cleared which usually means the lanes have been done. Well they were fresh and for the first time in a long time i bowled over 190 ave. i have been around long enough to now that a quite approach to the manager is the best thing which i have tried on many occasions not getting any results. It was harsh what i said and i won't make any friends saying it but what else can you do. I love my bowling but the constant frustrations of getting poor conditions was to much, and i had my say. Now of course this is my opinion and i belive i am entiled to have my say, and i welcome anything that other bowlers in the area have to say. I accept what the others have had to say and i will be sure to take on board their tips and comments.
Now i would have this reaction about any bowl i bowled in if i thought that this type of situation happened their, weather it be Queanbeyan, Tuggeranong, Woden or Belconnen. I just don't think it is unreasonable to expect a reasonable condition for the league bowlers each week. Is that wrong of me to expect that? I am not sure anymore has this sport changed so much that people are willing to spend hard earned money to bust their guts and put in poor performance after poor performance and waiste huge amounts of money on bowling equipment that you can only use when you bowl on totally fresh conditions.
So if you agree with me or if you don't Step Up and have your say all input would be greatly accepted

I don't want to get personal in this argument but is this just another case of a "Wannabee" bowler bagging out lane conditions because he can't score, can't adjust, can't read a "condition". I have seen the averages for this cash league at Belconnen and they are pretty damn good if you ask me. Ray Krueger is shooting cricket scores regularly (two 300 games this year) and others are not far behind. The league average is more than 170 and there are bowlers in there averaging less than 120! I saw the Raichuig roll-offs at Belco this year and it seemed to me that the GOOD bowlers had adjusted their shot to suit the condition - hence the high scoring and good comments about the lanes. And in closing - maybe the management should knock down the pins for this league just before they arrive every week - that seems to be this guy's yardstick of a good condition!!!! :lol:

Well it seems like everyone has their favourite centres. If you are so keen to bag centres over oiling conditions, then perhaps this information is relevant. There is no 2 balls bowled ever the same. The conditions change every ball,even if only very so slightly. Do you adjust to that? Do you understand that the oiling condition is not in favour of the bowler but for the interests of the centre? As for there being no oil at Belconnen. That is A joke the centre has become a fairly consistent house. The problem is that people complain about the lanes because of their own inability to adjust. Just as it seems that reg gooch is winging about.
It has to be also noted that bowlers might find it a little tough especially when school holidays are to be catered for where bowling centres become filled with social bowlers. Isn't it time that bowlers took responsibility for the things that they can control? That is the first 15' of the lane. The pushaway and the approach are the things you can control. You have no control over the lanes except to adjust and then you have given your best and either scored well or not so well.The case has to be made for bowlers that have one shot and there is no change no adjustments, nothing but blame for all the aspects of bowling that they cannot change. By the way Belconnen has in my opinion the best and most knowledgeable lane man in the territory. Darrin Elliott perhaps you all need to ask him whether there is oil on the lanes at Belconnen. If you cannot adjust or do not know how then get some help from a coach or capable bowler, so that you can correct your bowling then and only then can you worry about lane conditions :shock: :( :? : :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Pinky said:
maybe the management should knock down the pins for this league just before they arrive every week - that seems to be this guy's yardstick of a good condition!!!! :lol:

I thought his complaint was no oil on the lanes.

Just because there are high scores, doesnt mean there is any oil on the lanes.

My 2c

You don't seem to be understanding me. I don't have a problem with the conditions that belconnen have when there is a tournament or when they are fresh. The problem i have is when there is nothing like a few weeks ago. As for my ability i have never claimed to be a great bowler although i have the ability to make the necessary adjustments to handle most lane conditions. i have no problems with the conditions when we get one i can and have consistently ave over 190+ there. Don't be fooled Ray had his fair share of blow ups there as we all do in any bowl. As for Darren i have not made comments about his ability to set a condition down as i stated when the lanes are fresh they are some of the best around. So Darren if i have offended you in any way please accept my apology, As i said the problem is not you. Its funny the amount of people that bagged this bowl and many others just don't seem to have the guts to have their say and those who do hide behind their sign in name. Come on be fair i am letting it all hang out lets see who is big enough.

As for my ability i have never claimed to be a great bowler although i have the ability to make the necessary adjustments to handle most lane conditions. i have no problems with the conditions when we get one i can and have consistently ave over 190+ there.

Reg i'm just a little confused, (dont think we've met before) about your comments and where your at in your own game.

Reading everyone's comments, Drew seems to have made reasonable diplomatic remarks (Its a centre buddy not alley.... lol), Ray not sure why you would call Tuggeranong tuff when last Brunswick Cup you simply murdered the place. lol@Graham, yeah i thought this was all about oil and no oil.

But getting back to Reg, if you have averaged 190 consistently, and have the necessary ability to make the right adjustments all the time then how come you're in the Walter de Veer team and not Rachuig???????

Scott help me out here, whats your brother really driving at?

Now the real question is
What do bowlers really want????
I would have thought a place thats clean, bright and friendly with the added bonus that the machines operate at 95+% efficiency and a condition that is fair for everyone?

which leads me to
What is a PERFECT condition?

Is it where everyones average is inflated by 20 pins so when they visit another centre and actually bowl their real average they never go back?????

Whats a better tournament, where the cut is 100 under, even or 100 over???

This debate over lane conditins will always go on for ever and no matter where you go or whatever you do YOU WILL NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE ALL THE TIME

Just wish sometimes people would talk to the centre operators a bit more without going off the handle in forums such as these. Does this do our sport any justice, wouldnt it be better to go down and practice harder to make yourself a more adaptable player, to reach higher targets/goals. Perhaps even get some assistance from coaches or better players around them.

Its been awhile since i made any comment on any of the threads, just simply everything had been getting a little to hostile which, i believe, isnt the best thing for the player/s concerned and more importantly the sport itself.

Frightens me that, you just never whose reading and what all this could be costing the game

GOOD LUCK to you all - Just remember have fun, after all it is a game, a fantastic one at that :wink:

Scoops is right what is the cost to our sport? The was never any mention of Darrin being the writer. If bowlers were to communicate their needs to bowling centres then would there be a difference in approach? It still comes down to bowlers not accepting blame for the their imperfections, not taking responsibility for their own actions. In a perfect world everyone would be able to have everything their own way. The centres each have their own view on lane conditions and their oil requirements. reg if you are so hung up on defaming centres because you are not able to adapt well what can one say? it is interesting to say the least that Reg Gooch is whinging and is a De Veer team member. Are you going to whinge if there is no oil in Townsville?
I think ikt is time for more bowlers to get coaching so that they can improve their games to handle everything they confront in Australia's bowling centres. I also agree with scoops on the fashion area as well. Good luck to you all! 8) 8) 8) :lol:

Is this saying that Rachuig do not whinge? or is "pinky" a failed wannabee bowler that could not make either De Veer or Rachuig

I have been a bowler for many years, bowling in all the centres, and have never found a lane condition that i haven't been able to adapt to. Now bowling in the cash league in Belconnen, I understand that not every week the condition may be the exactly the same, but that is part of the sport. From my experiences in the other centres, it is the same everywhere. I think the staff at belconnen, always do their utmost to please bowlers. I recently witnessed bowlers refusing to bowl until their lanes were dragged mid league. I think that if all the lanes have the same condition there is no disadvantage or advantage to any bowler in that league. People that use discreet logins to have a shot at other bowlers shouldn't bother as i know for a fact that gjelectrics1 is one of the biggest whingers around. I'd like to give some of the bowlers a oiling machine and watch them scratch their heads with confusion over what the lights and buttons mean, let alone how to set a condition. I'd like to agree with scoops with that a good centre is a centre where the staff know your name, and is clean with machines running at a good effciency rate. I prefer to bowl in a centre with good machines than in one with exactly the same condition every week

I was not having a shot at any bowlers using a discreet log in as everyone who matters will quickly use their brains to work out who I am. JNRC should practice what it preaches :x Iwas saying that if Reg is averaging 190 + he shouldn't be bowling De Veer as per Tournament rules. I agree with a lot of the previous comments that this sort of bullshit will not do the sport any good. It is about time that all the whingers should stop the whingeing and do something for the sport instead of whinging about it . If they are that unhappy with the sport why are they still playing it :idea:

Back
Top Bottom