Behaviour at the Bathurst Skins tournament

hellokitty184

I would just like to express my disappointment with the behaviour of the so-called elite bowlers at the Bathurst Skins tournament. The immaturity displayed was disrespectful to the bowlers who were participating in the tournament in the hope of a skins winning performance. If 10 games is too long for them to maintain their concentration maybe they should save their money and save the spectators the embarassment of watching them. Congratulations :D to those bowlers who rose above the child-like behaviour and shame on those who treated a genuine competiton like a joke :mad:.

There's gotta be more to this story...please do tell and this time include some details for us to read.

Meghann,

If you were a bowler in this event, then you should have spoken to the Event Manager...
I have not had any of the people that actually bowled in this event say they had a problem with this.
In future please discuss this with event management.

And yes they were just having a bit of fun.....

I understand that they were having fun but there is a time and a place for it. People travelled a fair distance to compete in this event and I felt that some of the behaviour displayed trivialised a genuine competiton. My comments were not a reflection of the way the tourament was run, or of the tournament itself, just an observation I made as a spectator.
My intention was not to upset anyone, just to express my opinion.

This is skins not a tournament, so if you dont get it the shoot you dont get the money, as for the boys and girls who where having a little fun, there was no harm done at all, we all know the go is, they know where there boundries are non off they crossed, they never interupted any from bowling, and perfect example was the last game, both allan and jason where bowling off for the last skin, with the "people" you question bowling with them, and i did not see them having a problem,

I think you should know more about who the bowlers are before you comment on there behaviour, and skins is not a sanction tournament so there is less of the higher level performances, as you only get 1 game to cash not get a high total at the end of the games to get the cash.

Anyway, would like to thank Jules and Leigh for running a fun and enjoyable skins event, it was a shame for the people who did not show or pull out at the last minute, they missed some god fun.

and great trick shoots provided by Mr Doust, to add to the fun.

Many Thanks
Dave

This is skins not a tournament, so if you dont get it the shoot you dont get the money, as for the boys and girls who where having a little fun, there was no harm done at all, we all know the go is, they know where there boundries are non off they crossed, they never interupted any from bowling, and perfect example was the last game, both allan and jason where bowling off for the last skin, with the "people" you question bowling with them, and i did not see them having a problem,

I think you should know more about who the bowlers are before you comment on there behaviour, and skins is not a sanction tournament so there is less of the higher level performances, as you only get 1 game to cash not get a high total at the end of the games to get the cash.

Anyway, would like to thank Jules and Leigh for running a fun and enjoyable skins event, it was a shame for the people who did not show or pull out at the last minute, they missed some god fun.

and great trick shoots provided by Mr Doust, to add to the fun.

Many Thanks
Dave

agreed, if we knew we couldn't win we might as well have some fun...as dousty told me "its better to be a silly and happy d***head than an angry d***head kicking and making an *** of yourself"

besides that it was alot of fun

I really enjoyed the event and don't really understand what the fuss is about - the only problem I really saw was that the mechanic was up the front end a little too much which took extra time if there was a trouble call, that's about it - thanks for the hospitality, will be happy to come bowl up there any other time, well done!

I really enjoyed the event and don't really understand what the fuss is about - the only problem I really saw was that the mechanic was up the front end a little too much which took extra time if there was a trouble call, that's about it - thanks for the hospitality, will be happy to come bowl up there any other time, well done!

Hey Lyndsay,

Sorry about that, but he was trying to fix a ball for one of your fellow bowlers and there was abit of trouble with the approach on 11 & 12, will take on board for the next event. Glad you had a great time and look forward to seeing you at the next one.

Wow, imagine if the Posse were there... the complaints department would have their hands full! :p

Good bowlers wouldn't allow themselves to be distracted by the actions of others. Your only enemy is yourself and the pins.

***Long post alert!!!***

For those of you reading, I'll explain exactly what was going on, as I had the best viewpoint, as most of it was either happening on my lanes, or on the pair either side of me...

So, we were bowling skins, and for those of you who haven't bowled in or watched a skins event before, as far as tournaments go, a skins event is meant to be a relaxed, fun event where you can untuck your shirt and have a bit of fun whilst bowling for some money. There are no titles or rankings at stake, and the idea is to have an easy going, fun atmosphere, and try not to be too serious about it.

As total pinfall does not count, and given that the days scoring pace was so high (well done to all by the way, the overall standard of bowling was very impressive) once you know you are out of the running for a skin, you tend to grab a few other balls and try what you can out to see if you can find a better look for the next game, I myself did that on more than one occasion during during the day, which was fine. Towards the end, some of the guys who were out of the running for skins (I won't names names, not because I think there was any wrong doing, it's just not how I roll), were throwing some trick shots at spares they had left (i.e. pool cue shots, towel shots, under the legs, that kind of thing) and everyone was having a ball and enjoying watching the guys put on a bit of a show. during this time, myself and another on my pair were shooting it out for a skin, and neither of us were put off by the shenanigans, nor was anyone else that I noticed.

I thought the event was a great fun day and run very well, Bathurst Tenpin Bowl always go all out to make sure their bowlers are happy and looked after and I applaud them for that. (as a side note, to stop any criticism before it starts, The owners family are very good friends of mine, and my Partner was running the event on the day, so my comments may be seen as biased, but I assure you, I wouldn't be giving them wraps if I didn't think they deserved them, just because they are close friends doesn't mean I would write something untrue).

It's a pity that any spectators took what was going on in the wrong light, the point is that what happened on the day is pretty much what you'd expect to see at a skins event.

I had a great time (as I always do, even though I got pipped for skins on more than one occasion) and hope to see more events like this in the future.

Bring on a skills & trick shot challenge I say!

This being my first skins event - and I guess too much 'city' bowling, I would like to apologise for my comment - I am one of the ones that did do a 'trick shot' every now and then (shame they didn't work). my comment was not meant to offend anyone,I guess as a mechanic I am too used to the rule of not being allowed up the front at such a time. and I do agree that Bathurst bowl put on a fantastic day, well done again and hope to see you again soon!

Back
Top Bottom