Balloons and Blimps

S

'sq'andalus

Story of the Week : -

A certain female President's Shield team manager was heard by many witnesses telling a teenage member of the team that they could not have a jacket that fitted correctly, as if it were any bigger they would look like a balloon and that there were no balloons allowed on the team.

If you saw the manager in question, you would definitely wonder how they could look at themselves, and then comment on someone else's size in this manner.

Moral of the Story : - The old adage "That's the pot calling the kettle black" springs to mind.
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

can i please ask who this is
and where or not it was said you shouldnt post this like this on the internet on a national forum who ever you are i hope you dont feel proud but this is a serious situation and not something to be taken lightly
icon_mad.gif

Bee, I agree it is not a laughing matter, in fact it is very serious. It is an absolute disgrace to the sport of Bowling that a coach of the President Shield Team should act in such a manner. The coach should be reported and reprimanded accordingly. The coach should be made to apologise to the bowler. No bowler deserves to be treated in this way.

What does it matter if the bowler wants a larger jacket. Honestly, do you make the team because you look good or because you are good bowler?

To SQandalous

its the ultimate form of cowardness to post such a malicious rumour on this site without noting your name and location.

to predator it was first mentioned that it was a manager not a coach that made this remark. Chinese whispers working wonders already.

As the boys coach of the presidents shield team, i am disgusted to think of the 2 possiblilities that could evolve from this slanderous bit of information you have provided.

If this is pointed at who i think it is, this manager is one of the most SINCERE, CARING and DEVOTED people i have seen in this position. She has been involved with Juniors at all levels for many years. and i seriously believe that the person in question would be one of the last to make a remark of such malice.

This is a blantant attempt to unsettle the team and i give you my personal word that you have failed to do so, along with all the other people that seem to be in the queue.

At the state junior a.g.m parents and delegates set the rules and appointed the positions to supporter and foster the juniors, not just their own but ALL JUNIORS.

Now it seems that those who have not been able to be involved in this shield campaign in whatever way they were intending are out to tear the system apart.

On behalf of my team, I ask that all you people that want to bring us down, just go find something more constructive to do, because we won't be stopped in our quest to defend what we WON last year and more than every other team, the PRESIDENTS SHIELD

craig chandler
SQ boys coach

How absolutely disgusting this is to read.

Obviously this was written by someone who seems to want to grind SQ into the ground and to deliberately get back at the decisions made for the SQ zone in regards to committee members, managers, coaches and team participants.

I believe this is a form of slander towards this person and the SQ team and should be watched closely by moderators. Why can just anyone make these comments without having given their name in the details section. Maybe this information can be obtained and kept confidential unless something comes about that has to identify the person (e.g. this).

This matter needs to be sorted out immediately between the people involved and not discussed on an international forum or as a bowling gossip session, by parents who have caused this ruckus to begin with and other bowlers who rolled off and did not make the team or who were not selected.

To all the SQ members (bowlers, managers, coaches and selectors) as an ex-team member i believe you can do anything and we prooved that last year. Rise above all the bickering that is up here. Bowling in NSW is a different kettle of fish altogether, get there do your job as well as you can to bring home most importantly the Presdient's Shield and if you get the boys and the girls tophies thats a bonus, as well as masters and squad titles.

Take care to all.
Kim Barry

We all have our differences in opinion and sometimes we do not like what is said or told. However, there is a limit and this would have to cross the limit.

To SQ ANDALUS,

To put such a thing on a national forum for everyone to read without leaving your name is rather a gutless issue. Not only that you are suggesting that this person involved is such a person of a rather larger size. Now how would you like it if you were that person and then you read that on the forum, I am sure that you wouldnt like it.

Not only that you seem to have a problem with the team so I am guessing you are either a person who thought they were overlooked terribly in the selection process or a parent of one of those bowlers and who think like that.

It is a shame to think that someone would go out of there way to try bring down a team, but from what the other bowlers/people are posting it seems you are not succeeding, in face if anything this would probably bring the team closer.

So I really think you should take a long hard look at yourself and think what you write next time...

Cause this is called slanderism and is in fact not allowed by law

Till the next time we meet

Steve

hey all
i din't really read many of the other post but i think that this coach should be sat on their ass
who cares who they are
as i saw in one of the other posts and i was goin by you dont make the team cos u look good u make the team cos ur a good bowler
i think that this person has been treated so very unfair.
you should take this matter further
luv shell

i sugest that u do take it further ONLY if the matter is true
cos by what i read i dunno if its true or if someone is just trying to say a few harsh words against the comite members
so yeah
byes!
if i have said n e thing wrong just say so thanks!

Forgive me for being a bit dense, but where in the original post was a state mentioned? People have,for some reason or other,hazarded a guess about which team it is. And why is this, could it be that there may be some truth to the matter?Because otherwise I can't tell where the post came from or who wrote it.

If in fact this is true,and the writer does say it was witnessed by more than 1 person, then that person needs to be told to be more diplomatic in the future as these sort of comments are taken to heart by children of this age and could be very damaging now and in the future.

If possible could the other witnesses please post a reply so this matter can be put to rest.

I also heard on the gravy train that there was several bad sportsman ship remarks made at the state masters. Now are we getting that bad that people have to put people down just to make them feel better because they didnt get something they wanted.....

Stevo
icon_confused.gif

Thanks Baz...now its been pointed out I get the jist of it.And as to nasty remarks, they will always be around and the change can only begin when the kids are lead by example. I have known in years gone by where bowlers are encouraged to say certain remarks to put their opponents off,and these people have the nerve to say they are interested in the betterment of the sport.

Sadly the person who wrote this topic is malicious in their attempt to undermine the SQ team, it has only made the team more determined to pull together and close ranks.
The young girl concerned is a lovely person and is embarressed and upset that she should be written up like this, she knows who wrote this piece of rubbish. At no time did she say the words this person states as being spoken to her. this incident never happened. But the team did try on bomber jackets.

I am the girls manager, and I take pride in how a team looks, just ask anyone from the Gold Coast their team always looks smart and I have designed and dressed them for the past 10 years, big or small their clothes fit and look smart. As you will see this year at the Nationals.

Joan Trevaskis
Girls manager SQ

I can not believe that this topic is still been brought up.
icon_confused.gif

However "Becky" has a point, if the person who wrote this nonsense is known I feel that she
icon_wink.gif
or he should be named on this forum as doing so, so everyone knows who it is and also so they can feel some embarrassment and hurt like the person who this is regarded to.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom