Craziest things in bowling centres you've seen

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I was reading the PBA forum site and found these 3 posts, we really don't know how lucky we are.........

I heard from a friend of mine at roosevelt lanes in jersey city, nj....on 1 saturday nite....the jersey city police sent in the swat team wit the assualt rifles and all for a drug bust....walked out wit a 2 ball bag of crack and 4 non-causcasins......

Sounds like Watauga Lanes. Actually most bowling alleys these days are populated by idiots on Friday and Saturday nights. Last summer at Showplace in Euless, on a saturday night, 5 young Asian guys were on the lane next to me. Three of them were wearing sport jackets while they bowled. I thought that was kind of funny but after I caught a glimpse of the pistol one of them had stuffed in his belt I understood why they kept their jackets on. I finished my game and reported the situation to the desk. Ten minutes later three undercover cops had them spread out on the floor.

About two years ago, I needed to go to the bathroom (one Friday night after league), just to walk in on two people (drunk, of course) having sex on top of the sink. I walked in, and had a look on my face very similar to ->
icon_eek.gif
Since that day, I use the bathroom in the snack shop! That should qualify as a weird thing witnissed in a bowling alley.

I personally haven't seen anything close to this, Billy G in Ugg boots is as scared as I want to be.

G
icon_biggrin.gif

nice topic george
icon_wink.gif

way back in the early 80's, Frankston bowl victoria had what i considered a psycho mechanic ( we will call him choco ) with some low life mates and enemies.
one fine afternoon i was on lane 15 next to the side walk (frankston has back to back 14 lanes), while choco was "working", some dudes rushed into the bowl yelling and screaming for blood, choco ran down the side walk to the back end in fear of his life........
one of the dudes picked a ball up out of the rack behind lane 19 and tossed it at choco, missing his head by a few feet, it bounced off the side wall and landed with a thud onto lane 17 then crshing in and out of the gutter to hit the pins only to leave a solid 9 pin...........
we never saw choco again??????
icon_eek.gif

2 things that come to my mind:

1. A mechanic at Highpoint bowl was caught on security cameras having sex with his g/f in the car park, and was subsequently terminated.

2. Chadstone Bowl in Victoria before it was relocated to another place of the shopping centre was renowned for having Malaysian (I think) people betting on bowlers for getting strikes and spares. No jokes, there was an underground ganbling place in that joint. Bets of $50 and $100 for people getitng spares??? Its just insane

hey milkman
they were phillipino's at chadstone bowl,
yes i too saw them bet heavily in their own phillipino leagues as well as others in the 80's there.

Cameron,

Was your Highpoint mechanic "terminated" by the Centre or his girlfriend's Dad?
icon_redface.gif

Trev,

Did choco's "mate" pick-up the spare?

hey hedley

i dont think choco's mate had time to convert...... the cops were on their way
icon_wink.gif

also note that the only 2 replies are about victorian centres ????
wheres all the excitement here in qld ???
icon_razz.gif

Hey Trev I'll tell you something really scary I saw the other day which happened in QLD. It was a photo of me in 1997 when my hair was a bright orange colour after an unsuccessful bleach attempt. I'll never forget Frank Ryans comments when I walked in the door at Cannonhill for the Koolfoam " Aren't you suppose to be down in Sydney this weekend for the Mardi Gra ". I have burnt the photo, not a pretty site.........

I have seen Stax and Wimpy and several others playing cricket on the lanes at fairlanes city in perth some years ago scary stuff

A few of us got bored at Gambier city bowl(me, the boss and the tech) a couple years ago so we played kick to kick on the approach. We used to play basketball in the office too, until the ball broke the end of the tray off the photocopier. A few years before this a rather large mess had to be cleaned off the back of lanes 11 and 12. The bowl is in a renovated picture theatre so the building is rather old and has always been a good roosting spot for pigeons. They would fly around in the open space above a sheet of black plastic which served as a ceiling out the back, after a while the plastic let go under the weight of the pigeon crap and it wound up over the machines and the pindecks of the last 2 or 3 lanes.

Back
Top Bottom