Back to the future!!

bfcc

hi guys this topic was started in the old forum and looked like a good one.

hi george hows it going in the good old usa,now george i have some advice for you hope it will help.
i dont know if you now who hasbeen is but i do,and the last thing u want is for him to get fit,learn the new technology and show up at tournys. if he does you might end up donating more to him then he will donate to you.the problem with these old guys is after being around bowling for 20-30 years or more they now evey little trick in the book because they wrote it!!!lets face it george these guys have forgotten more about bowling than you and i will ever know.

hope it helps george would hate to see you open your mouth again just to change feet.

Ordinary at best is what I said and I will stand by the statement.
Capalaba : lots of talk before hand , not much afterwards.......Carl went really well there.

MtGravatt : spot tourn beforehand on dry edges......big average...no worries....later at the Koolfoam with wet edges.....not even close.

Results speak for themselves.

If you would like to insult me some more or give me some more invaluable advice then go right ahead. I'm sure I could post more of the same .
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif

Whilst we are there, lets have a look at a few more......

Mackay - patchy / avg 206
Townsville - short / avg 220 (using a Code Red polished at 3000 with a weak drilling)
Australian Cup ACT - short pattern / no score
SA Cup - short pattern / still could haved scored, my own fault
Capalaba - short pattern / no score
Mt Gravatt preview - long in the middle / score
Koolfoam - very short in the middle / no score
Maryborough - Dry edges, oil in the middle / score
Canberra Open - long pattern / score

I'm not sure if you are seeing a pattern here but you should know that I don't bowl that fast. I struggle on short patterns and my results reflect this.

Fortunetly in the states there is no such thing as a patern under 32ft so my chances of scoring and bowling well is much better.

I have never claimed to be a superstar, all I do is go out and bowl on what is put out in front of me. Sometimes it suits me, sometimes it doesn't. Usually a bit of oil helps my slow speed. Centres such as Capalaba and Richlands are a waste of my time.

Most of the ditches we bowl on in these wide bay tournaments are a joke. I can't compete with carry contests because my carry is not as good as Besties, Brando's etc. On these open conditions they have a stronger shot. I bowl well on oil and when the lanes are tight, you just don't see that very much in Australia.

I suspect Mt Gravatt haven't fixed there oiling problems either, I'm not going to bowl on a 32ft pattern and kill myself. I can't compete with these speed contests.

I bowl for money and I bowl to win, short oil patterns are not in my best interest. I'll be more selective when I get back. I am also sick of the attitude of most people in Australia. No one ever deserves to win because they bowled well, it always because they bowled on a ditch or got lucky. I guess Michael Muir bowled on a ditch as well because according to the so called experts no one in Australia could possibly average 230 in a tournament.

I'm pretty sure who Hasbeen is, to be honest you are a little old to compete at a National or International standard. Maybe 20 years ago but not now. I know I am competitive both in Australia and overseas (my results prove this and especially my form over here in L.V).

I'm going to stick to bowling and learning the way I have been. I'm getting better by the day. I have a strong commitment to the sport and thats why I am sitting in front of a computer in Vegas and not Australia. I am also working in a pro-shop just about everyday, I learn heaps which is making me a better bowler in many different ways. I'll be more competitive when I return, more bowling, less talking....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi George,
Be seeing you soon in Vegas we arrive on the 18th will be at the Bowling Expo. Have you a new email address need some info urgent.

Besty
icon_smile.gif
icon_eek.gif

hi george i think you have hit the nail on the head when you stated that you dont bowl well on short oil and will be picking what tournaments you will bowl in when you return.
this is why the so-called elite bowlers of today won't get the respect they want, in the old days guys like kury, lovell,bradford and all the old guys would show up and bowl on anything lefthand dicthes,crappy dry conditions,50 ft of oil, it didnt matter they backed there skill and talent to overcome any condition and because the loved to bowl in tournaments and test there skill against the best in the country.

so u and all these other guys come along and whinge and bitch about condition untill we end up with all these ditches at every tournament and anyone who puts down a real condition where u need to be accurate able to change balls and throw differenrt shots ,just like koolfoam were the person with the most talent who is accurate and was able to change her release to suit the condition and by the way she throws the ball alot slower than most won !! but then everyone bagged the hell out of it because it was hard and what happens at the next big event another ditch which suited the elite bowler of today!!!

maybe i am wrong but if you bowl tournaments get out there support all tournaments no matter what the condition and maybe we will start to fill tournaments and the prizefunds will increase.

Actually bowling in the states is helping my short oil game, thats why I came here to learn more and be more competitive. As for the Koolfoam, you have to be joking. What happen to Tim Mack, Carol Giannoti ? They are 2 of the worlds greatest bowlers, one didn't make the cut and the other finished 14th. Are you saying they are no good and can't bowl on short conditions.

Why is Australia the only place where they can't lay out a fair and challenging condition. I know what is fair, I have bowled on the toughest condition Kegle had to offer and not yet have I ever seen anything close in Australia.

In the States they have the new SPORT conditions which are very challenging. I would like to see this in Australia, it would bring skill back into the game and sort out the bowlers from the hackers. You will know when a tournament puts down a sport condition, the averages won't be over 215.

I can get the pattern from Kegle, but who in Australia has the balls to apply it? No-one I think. When I return, I will be bowling more, yet being more selective as I previously stated. Are you going to bag Carl as well for not bowling in Caboolture? Until they start putting down tougher conditions, I will be more selective. I'm there to make money, not to waste it for the thrill of competition. We are living in the year 2001 now, in case you forgot.

george i didnt mention tim or carol in my post but if u want to put them down so be it .tim mack showed how good he is by making the cut and competing all the way,as for carol who nows maybe she was out partying more than thinking about bowling i dont know u might want to ask her ,some how i dont think she is going to blame the condition.

as for the sport conditions i have already given batesy at caboolture 2 of them ,now it is up to him if he use it.while i am on conditions why dont u share some of your wisdom and tell us what u think is a fair condition?

Just a thought the Melbourne cup is what i call a fair condition,the power players scored and the strokers scored aswell if thats not fair i dont know what is.
icon_biggrin.gif

37ft, no buff, 2:1 ratio

Have a go at that and see how you go. Thats what Kelge gave us in Malaysia this year, I quote " It doesn't get any tougher than that, thats the flatest condition we can put down with out creating a reverse block. " from the Kegle guys themselves. Ask Christian how hard it was?

When Batesy puts down the sport conditions, have ago and let me know how you fair. I would like to see all tournaments in Australia put down these SPORT conditions, it brings skill and accuracy back into the game. Somthing we have lacked for some time.

Hey i reakon what bfcc said a couple of Msgs prior to this really says it all. Absolutly the truth in one post. well done !

Time i got involved.
Firstly to BFCC,have to agree about today's "Elite" bowler picking and choosing tournamentsor centres for that matter.It really is a shame when people's ego's start to interfere with the game most of us enjoy.Let's face up to reality people take away resin Equipment and more than half of today's current bowler's would fall flat on their faces.Why?i hear you ask,their carry would dissappear.Secondly George respect in any sport is earned not given out like charity.Learn some humilty and you might not get bagged as much.If you have trouble scoring on short oil,wouldn't it make sense to go and practice on short oil.As Jeff stated earlier the best bowler won at Koolfoam,not because of speed but because of class.Accept what is put on the lanes and work with it.One last thing there is more than 10 boards on the lane
icon_smile.gif
.lol.
Till next time

And what would you's all know about fair? You keep bowling day in and day out at Caboolture scoring over 220 every game. I can't wait to speak to Tim Mack tomorrow and tell him how hopeless he is compared to Cara, that goes for Carol as well. I'm sure he'll laugh, NOT.

It's pretty obvious why Cara won because a) she is deadly accurate and a great bowler b) she spins the ball through the heads delaying the roll. If Jason Couch bowled there he would not have scored as well. It's a "revolutions / short oil" thing, not a "can't bowl on dry lanes" thing. I'm sure Tim and Carol would agree.

I'm sure also if centres start putting down SPORT conditions you won't have people picking and choosing their tournaments, they will all bowl. This will boost numbers and boost prizefunds whilst bringing some much needed skill into the game.

I'm not going to continue to debate on this topic with people who have no idea about the game in the 2001 (not living in the past in case you oldies missed it). The forumla is simple, SPORT conditions = More entrants + More money + More skill

See you all in a couple of months
icon_cool.gif

george why don't you learn to read the post ,i can't see were anyone every said cara was better than tim mack or carol, she won because she was the one to work out how to score on the condition i am sure if tim or carol come across that condition again (and yes it will happen because they are not scared to show up and bowl on anything) they will be better equiped to handle it. this is were you miss the point you bowl on different condition so you can learn how to bowl on them and improve your game not just say i am not going back because it was too hard !!

and yes i would love to see the sport conditons put down but that would be another tournament you would have to cross of the calender!

I've heard a lot of different opinions on the state of bowling and heres a few from last weekend at the Melbourne cup

One guy(who averaged mid 190's)"That's put me off bowling any more tournaments"

another "lots of people have had to learn to unbowl"

more "theres only been about 2 years where lefties have been competitive here"

did anyone here anything else interesting

My opinion is that after all of the dry, horrible and poorly maintained lanes that were stuffed up by unqualified techs being ordered around by unqualified managers(and thats just Mt Gambier in the old days!)that Australians had to put up with in the deep dark past, we deserve to have a few scoring feasts, lots of oil and all the technology we want to help us have more even and fair conditions and make good lane maintenence easier to achieve. This makes us bowlers happier and the techs job more rewarding. Plus centre managers the ilk of Simon Calder and Ray Hodge are becoming the norm these days which can only help the industry get to where it should, which is the number of bowlers we had in the 80's plus the technology of today

George
This is probably the best advice I could offer you.Go to TotalBaowling's ProFiles page and read the Interview with Cara and learn.
till next time.
icon_smile.gif

I've been bowling on sport conditions for 3 weeks now (thats about 210 games roughly), how about you? You guys wouldn't know a SPORT condition if it hit you in the head. I'll be bowling a lot more when I return, I'll guess we'll see how I fair then hey.

As for Cara's interview with being humble, I don't brag, I just call things how I see it. Cara is a friend of mine, I'm know she respects me as a bowler, not matter what my attitude or opinion is. As you would know, I'm not the first to voice my opinion in Australia and won't be the last. This is a forum isn't it?

As for Tim bowling at Mt Gravatt again, not in this century. I'll bet money on that! Let me know what you can average on a sport condition as well when Batesy sets one down, I could do with a laugh.....
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George:
Let me know what you can average on a sport condition as well when Batesy sets one down, I could do with a laugh.....
icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is funny George!!!!!!
With the way Brian is bowling on the condition there at Caboolture, I don't think he will be changing anything for a long time.

GIDDY UP!!!!!
Well George now it's my turn..You say that you don't brag,well let me remind you of what you used to call yourself(and maybe still do).Well here it is see if you remember AND I QUOTE "GOD" now do you remember???
Lok George,sure you may bowl or score well,but lets face it, look at the help you get.Free gear,help with one phone call when in trouble.So yes you have done OK in bowling (& yes compared to me ****loads more) but you just keep shooting off your mouth before you think.
Good on ya for being in the states bowling,we don't all get that luxury we still have to work for a living.There are lots of people here with families so not that easy to jump on a plane,so how about not rubbing it in to us humble,old,no hopers here in our very own great country "AUSTRALIA".
The rest of us will just have to battle on having to BUY our OWN bowling equipment, and trying our best to work things out for ourselves.Anyway god luck to you over there maybe you will come back a better man/person!!

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!
icon_razz.gif

Dwambo this has gone wayyyyyyy past serious, I told you I'll try and hook you up with some stuff when I get back. As for my sponsorship, yes I am very fortunate and it is the major accomplishment in my short career, not sure on how long it will last though.

As for my nickname God, it's very old and came from touch football, but thats a completely different story. I ca assure you it has nothing to do with women or bowling.

And for being in the states, this is a make or break trip for me. I put my balls on the line because this would probably be the last chance for sometime to come over and mix it with the big boys. I'm taking a risk, but if I don't take it now I'll look back in 15 years and say, Damn I should have went over whilst I had the chance.

I study the technology of the bowling industry because a) I have no real life outside this sport b) it interests me. I am fortunate to obtain help by phone or email, but mostly I research the info myself. I have over 50 drill patterns in a folder and know much more about patterns than most people think. There is nothing stopping anyone asking me for some info, if I don't know it I'll email a friend if you know what I mean. A lot of people have done this, I'm happy to help anytime.

When I get back, I'll get a job and the usual thing. I like Queensland alot, we have a lot of opportunities there which most people never get. Next time I see you guys I'll buy you's a beer or two. Have fun and I'll see you soon.

G in Vegas
icon_biggrin.gif

i think you're very brave to go and play the mega-bucks in vegas George; something i know a lot of bowlers here in england always say they'll do, and then when push comes to shove, bottle out except for a hard core...

btw, say hello to that couple of Brits if you see them - Phil Scamell and Clive Morris...

Back
Top Bottom